• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bottom 4 almost certain

tmac13

It looks like a bottom four finish is almost a certainty.We are 4 games behind Orlando and 5 behind Seattle..The only question left is will we stay ahead or New York and Portland..

It looks like Woody's playoff type game plan where he plays his starters into the ground has finally caught up with us..The last 3 games we fall behind by a large margin early and simply don't have the energy to wage much of a fight..

The draft could end up being a nice one for the Hawks if Noah, Aldridge, and Thomas all come out..Marcus Williams looks like Deron Williams clone so he would also be a viable choice..Rudy Gay, Morrison, and Reddick should be avoided at all costs..Foye and Roy are both nice players but seem to be better suited for the 2..We don't need any more duplications, we need bigs and a pg.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It looks like Woody's playoff type game plan where he plays his starters into the ground has finally caught up with us..The last 3 games we fall behind by a large margin early and simply don't have the energy to wage much of a fight..

How many healthy guard does he have again?

Yep. Two weeks ago, I thought we might be able to catch Orlando, but that doesn't look likely at this point. I think both Thomas and Noah will put their names into the draft, and when the see that they will both be top 5-6 picks, they will stay in the draft.

Right now, I think the Hawks will be focusing on Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, and LaMarcus Aldridge, and they may have a secondary focus on Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, and Marcus Williams. The people who have heard Billy speak at the season ticket holders' meetings with him indicate that Billy is focused on getting a big man, so I think they will focus on the three mentioned plus possibly Patrick O'Bryant if he declares.

Looking at the teams that will be in the top four with the Hawks, Chicago will go into this process looking for a guy who can give them some interior scoring ability. I believe they will focus on LaMarcus Aldridge. Their secondary focus will probably be on Adam Morrison though, because they also want to add a guy who can play shooting guard. I don't know that Morrison is athletic enough for that spot, but he is a scorer that the Bulls could use.

The Charlotte Bobcats have a nice young core with Okafor, Felton, and Wallace. They could use a center or a shooting guard. I think they will look at Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay primarilty and evaluate them based on a projection as a shooting guard. They could be a player for Joakim Noah. Primoz Brezec has played well for them, but Noah could be an improvement. I think they may lean towards Rudy Gay with the idea that he has the athleticism and jump shot to play the shooting guard position.

Who knows what the Portland Trailblazers will be looking at? They have a lot of young talent, and they are a team that could really us a big. They could be players for Joakim Noah, but they may also be a team that takes a long look at Andrea Bargnani. Adam Morrison is a local guy though, and he'd bring them some flair. However, they have Darius Miles and Travis Outlaw at that position with Martell Webster at the shooting guard position. I think they may focus on getting a big. I'd look for them to take a long look at Joakim Noah, Andrea Bargnani, and Tyrus Thomas.

I think Adam Morrison could possibly drop to the Sonics at pick no. 7.

Bargnani is not getting the attention that the guys in the tournament get. But a little research on him indicates that he is a very talented big man. I don't see how the Hawks could pass on him. A 7 footer that has a lot of skills.

After the tournament is over and they have the camp, there will be equal time given to the Euro guys and I fully expect him to in the top 3-5 if he declares.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't mention Bargnani as a possibility, but I believe he most definitely is a possibility for the Hawks. The omition was an oversight on my part.

I can't comment on his play though because the extent of my familiarity with his game is a 45 second or so highlight clip. Based on that highlight clip, he looks to be a Dirk Nowitzki-type of player. It's hard to tell without seeing at least an entire game, and even better, 4-5 full games. There is some doubt about his ability to defend in the post, according to what I've read. That post defense is something the Hawks are desperately needing.

Quote:

Andrea Bargnani Video - Almost 4 minutes of footage

This video seemed to start and stop some with me. It's not great quality, but you can see Bargnani in action. It like this, because it highlights a weakness of his, while also showing some of his strengths. This guy is a deadly perimeter shooter based on this.

Yes he definitely has Nowitzki game.

I liked the part when he looked like he was going to drive and than just pull up for a jumper.

His natural skills are impressive. The areas that are weaknesses are not suprising for his age and can be taught. Some of his talent can't be taught. Also impressive is what is written about his work ethic and commitment to being a team player. At only 20 you gotta think he's going to put on some pounds and muscle. He was also given good reviews for playing against Bosh last summer. Love to see him in their with Josh, Josh, ZaZa and JJ.

Bargnani, Splitter, and our guy Anderson were all playing in Europe. Anyone know if they played against each other? How did they do? (I know Anderson got injured and missed part of the season, but one write up said he was the best center in his league before the injury. Could be Zaza's backup.)

• Premium Member

Quote:

While every team in the league - including the Hawks - could use a Nowitzki, if Bargnani's game is perimeter oriented then he is likely not the best fit for the Hawks, whose primary need is a defensive oriented low post presence.

If you can score, you can score! Does it really matter how you score. The Hawks need post defense which he might have because of his length.