• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not sure Pervis Ellison was the right pick...

CBAreject

Guys, I'm really starting to second guess the Kings' pick of Ellison as #1 overall in the 1989 draft. Granted, Ellison is young, and he has lots of upside. However, if you compare him with other #1 picks in recent history, you will see that Ellison compares unfavorably with players of the same age.

Now, you can argue that the Ellison pick was better than say, the Marvin Williams pick, because the Kings didn't duplicate, as did the Hawks. Still, it's hard to say that the Kings made the right choice with Danny Ferry and Sean Elliot still on the board.

I will shortly post an analysis of all top 2 picks and show that the Williams pick was marginally superior to the Ellison pick, given the production of the players and their pertinence to the needs of their teams.

You're crazy. Pervis dominated in college and you know bigs always are a top priority and should be drafted first. He was the right pick but his career just didnt turn out as expected. The Marvin pick will prove to be the right one later too as all the better players drafted lower than him eventually injure themselves playing hard whereas Marvin's calm nature keeps him uninjured.

I agree. A big man in college, that dominates, should and always will be the first pick in the draft. I'm curious, why is there a post about Ellison anyway?? That was 17 years ago, who cares? Not to mention, it has nothing to do with this board...

Quote:

I agree. A big man in college, that dominates, should and always will be the first pick in the draft. I'm curious, why is there a post about Ellison anyway?? That was 17 years ago, who cares? Not to mention, it has nothing to do with this board...

I'm waiting to see an analysis on the upcoming draft and our outlook.

My guess is someone joking about how people keep bringing up coulda, shoulda, whouda's. Kinda' like, we DIDN'T draft Chris Paul, but man everybody sure likes to second guess why we didn't.

Do you really think Diesel is clever enough to be ironic? Come to think of it, I'm not sure Diesel's analysis was ironic at all. Irony requires the outcome to be opposite what we'd expect, and I fully expected my jest to fly over the head of Diesel and his response to be some serious analysis.