• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHERE IS OUR SO CALL STAR JOE JOHNSON TODAY?

SmooveTheFuture

If you don't watch the games you can't comment on his playmaking abilities, period. I don't see what's so complicated about that. Kobe handles the ball even more than JJ, and he still will never get his assists. JJ is a rare combination of playmaker and scorer. He's not a point guard, he's not quite the scorer that Kobe is, but he's a very special who blends scoring, playmaking, and defense. There's no point arguing with you if all you go off of is the box scores and your bitterness over the hawks

Quote:

If you don't watch the games you can't comment on his playmaking abilities, period. I don't see what's so complicated about that. Kobe handles the ball even more than JJ, and he still will never get his assists. JJ is a rare combination of playmaker and scorer. He's not a point guard, he's not quite the scorer that Kobe is, but he's a very special who blends scoring, playmaking, and defense. There's no point arguing with you if all you go off of is the box scores and your bitterness over the hawks

Kobe Bryant plays with Odom who averages 5.5APG. Also, he averaged 6APG last year.

I've seen Josh Childress, Joe Johnson, Smoove, Al Harrington last year and I know how they play. No, Joe Johnson is not a special player. He's a good player that's in over his head at the current time.

Kobe averaged 6APG last year.

Quote:

it's called recognizing who has a hot hand on that given night, and who doesn't.

Well, it looks like only Josh Smith had the hot hand and Smoove isn;t going to win the game by himself and JJ should have known this and stepped up. But he didn't.

I can understand bad games. But the first option can't go basically the entire game with 1-3 points.

I agree JJ is allowed to have a bad game, but JJ should never be compared to Kobe..Kobe is lightyears better than JJ..Kobe is on a team with about equal talent to the Hawks and has them above .500 in the playoffs while we are a bottom feeder yet again..Kobe is just a step off the Jordans of the world while JJ is catching up to Michael Redd and a declining Ray Allen.

Aren't you EddyCurryJoshSmith over at realgm dude? I'm not trying to start a fight with you but you are one of those guys who seems to always post about Josh Smith...and only when he has good games. If this is the first time you have said anything bad about Joe, then you have to understand that when you start a topic in all caps you are angry and yelling. While I do agree that we had to overpay to get Joe, he has done a pretty damn good job to help us this year. So why use your first negative comments about him so harshly. EVERYONE has bad nights. Furthermore, the guy has to be exhausted.

And one more thing, did I miss something or aren't we playing for nothing more than pride and ping-pong balls right now? It's not like he didn't show up and it cost us a playoff berth or anything of significance?

All y'all jumping on Joe for a single bad game are free to do so but don't be surprised when others call you out on it.

Quote:

Aren't you EddyCurryJoshSmith over at realgm dude? I'm not trying to start a fight with you but you are one of those guys who seems to always post about Josh Smith...and only when he has good games. If this is the first time you have said anything bad about Joe, then you have to understand that when you start a topic in all caps you are angry and yelling. While I do agree that we had to overpay to get Joe, he has done a pretty damn good job to help us this year. So why use your first negative comments about him so harshly. EVERYONE has bad nights. Furthermore, the guy has to be exhausted.

And one more thing, did I miss something or aren't we playing for nothing more than pride and ping-pong balls right now? It's not like he didn't show up and it cost us a playoff berth or anything of significance?

All y'all jumping on Joe for a single bad game are free to do so but don't be surprised when others call you out on it.

Agree, When i saw the box score right after the game i was like: Damn that SmooveFan is gonna be all over the hawksquawk and apperantly realgm tonight. crazy.gif

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think JJ is at Kobe's level.

I think JJ is the next level down. I would say that Kobe is a top tier player in the NBA, JJ is a second tier player at this point in time, but I would take JJ over Redd any day of the week. He's a couple of years younger than him and already better. JJ could easily make it to the top tier, this is his first year trying really.

My point was, it's not fair to say that Kobe or Vince never would score that little. First of all, most "human" stars like Vince do have those games as I showed. And a guy like Kobe will never have those nights because he is a scorer through and through, and he keeps putting up bad shots even if he is cold as ice and getting double teamed, and his shot selection is killing his team. But you can't look at that and act as if that means that Kobe is better, because you also have to consider the fact that JJ has better shot selection and gets his teammates involved much better, and gets a lot more assists.

I guess my point was that you can't compare a scorer to a scorer/playmaker by looking at just their scoring. It's not fair.

Also the lakers have much better talent around Kobe, even though we probably have more potential for the future. Hell if we just traded Al for Odom, our team would have done much, much better than it did. Also we obviously have a glut of SF's while LA has a more cohesive (albeit thin) team. We don't have a smush parker, we don't have a bynum.

What Hawks fan would have Eddy Curry in their screen name? That guy is fat and lazy as they come. All the potential in the world and he just waste it away.

Smoove, since you are in the business of calling out JJ. I will call out your player EC. Where the hell has Curry been his entire career? That guy stealing money from Dolan left and right. He doesn't even give 1% of effort on either offense or defense.

Let me clarify that I'm not 100% sure that Smoovethefuture over here is the same guy who calls himself EddyCurryJoshSmith over at realgm. They just seem to be eerily similiar.

And I agree totally about Eddy Curry. He has to be my least favorite NBA player. Him and now that James guy out of Toronto saying pit-bulls are the sweetest dogs in the world. What a freaking moron. Please don't sign him Hawks!

• Moderators

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think JJ is at Kobe's level.

I think JJ is the next level down. I would say that Kobe is a top tier player in the NBA, JJ is a second tier player at this point in time, but I would take JJ over Redd any day of the week. He's a couple of years younger than him and already better. JJ could easily make it to the top tier, this is his first year trying really.

My point was, it's not fair to say that Kobe or Vince never would score that little. First of all, most "human" stars like Vince do have those games as I showed.

Agreed. Why hold JJ to a higher standard than Vince Carter as far as scoring goes? I think most Hawks fans are thilled with the way JJ has panned out. If they aren't they should be, IMO.

JJ had plantar fascitis and missed two games. I remember thinking that was the type of injury that could bother him all year. It isn't the type of thing that goes away in a couple of days.

If it has bothered him at all he has sure hidden it well.