• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Pick #1 - 5

wasBlackHawkDown

We will undoubtedly have Pick #1 - 5 we need to trade it and Harrington for future considerations. Move down to pick #13 - 15 and pick up Patrick O'Bryant I havent been wrong yet I have called out every fraud player and picked every good player, go back and read my post. I am telling you Adam Morrison and J.J. Reddick are garbage, neither will do anything more than score 15PPG @ best. Tyrus Thomas and Aldridge are going to be solid players but we dont need anymore 6'9 - 6'10" players.

Quote:

We will undoubtedly have Pick #1 - 5 we need to trade it and Harrington for future considerations. Move down to pick #13 - 15 and pick up Patrick O'Bryant I havent been wrong yet I have called out every fraud player and picked every good player, go back and read my post. I am telling you Adam Morrison and J.J. Reddick are garbage, neither will do anything more than score 15PPG @ best. Tyrus Thomas and Aldridge are going to be solid players but we dont need anymore 6'9 - 6'10" players.

Height is not the issue. It's lack of talent. Ty Thomas provides defense and rebounds and Aldridge provides on both ends of the floor.

If we do trade down to 13-15 and get a team's future pick, I'd get Saer Sene. He has more potential than O'Bryant.

I agree that Tyrus Thomas and Aldridge are both going to be great, I think their the next Elton Brand and Chris Webber respectively. But we have to consider M.Williams and Josh Smith we cant keep drafting forwards. If we move M.Williams to SG then I would definitely say draft either but we need stop getting hybrid PF/C , PF/SF, PG/SG type players.

Oh and I agree 100% we should draft Saer Sene. He will be a dominant player in a few years.

Quote:

We will undoubtedly have Pick #1 - 5 we need to trade it and Harrington for future considerations. Move down to pick #13 - 15 and pick up Patrick O'Bryant...

I'd love to see O'Bryant do well (being an MVC college fan), but my guess is he's a Tony Battie type at best (and Battie took awhile to develop to where he is now)

I can't see much immediate help from O'Bryant.

Any trade involving Al will likely be done well after the draft..In order to trade Al along with the pick, Al has to have an under the table illegal agreement with the team, and so do the Hawks..It would involve many parties and come at a very hi risk..

Maybe the whole s-n-t thing is a waste of time (?)...losing Al and Delk's salary frees up cap space for a FA anyway.

My guess is we get one FA and our draft pick this year as additions (and that won't be bad with what we already have).

Neat thing would be if we were able to get lucky on a 2nd rounder.

• Moderators

Quote:

Any trade involving Al will likely be done well after the draft..In order to trade Al along with the pick, Al has to have an under the table illegal agreement with the team, and so do the Hawks..It would involve many parties and come at a very hi risk..

I agree it would be high risk but would telling another team that we would do a deal after the FA period opens to S&T Al for a player selected in the draft be illegal? Something like "Chicago, if you take Aldridge we will take Thomas and S&T you Al and Thomas for Aldridge and Duhon"? When things are done to circumvent the cap they are illegal but I just don't know if discussing potential deals like this with teams would be illegal.

• Premium Member

The only time it was ever illegal was when Stern wanted to stop Juwan Howard from ruining the Washington Bullets. After that Stern made it perfectly leagal.

How many times have you seen picks made on draft night with an agreement to complete the trade later?

For example:

Quote:

The Indiana Pacers acquired, in principle, the rights to Iowa State's Jamaal Tinsley through a trade with the Atlanta Hawks and drafted Auburn's Jamison Brewer in two draft day moves Wednesday.

Tinsley, a 6-3 point guard who was the Big 12 Conference Player of the Year, will come to the Pacers July 18 in exchange for a future first-round draft pick. Atlanta, through an earlier trade with the Grizzlies, had obtained an option to take the Grizzlies No. 1 pick (27th overall), which the Hawks used to select Tinsley. He then was traded, in principle, to the Pacers.

But since the earlier Hawks-Grizzlies trade involved Shareef Abdur-Rahim, in order for his contract to work under the salary cap, teams involved will have to wait until July 18 before the trade is official.

It's not all that illegal...

Quote:

Something like "Chicago, if you take Aldridge we will take Thomas and S&T you Al and Thomas for Aldridge and Duhon"?

that would be the deal of the year

we get to move up a few spots AND get Duhon for al who is leaving anyway?

if noah just came out and we got noah/duhon then we'd be looking pretty good

i'd still go after nene/pryz

duhon/ivey/jj

jj/chill/slim

marvin/chill/donta

smoove/noah/batman

nene/noah/zaza

Quote:

It's not all that illegal...

Yes it is! Shareef had a contract at the time of that trade. You can make a deal involving signed players on draft night, but not free agents.

No one is allowed to negotiate with free agents before the free agency period begins. How can you trade somebody that you don't know what their contract is? Furthermore you are not allowed to even speak with them about their contract until several days after the draft.

Certainly you cannot make a trade that is announced as you cut and paste. No draft day trades are made with free agents, unless it is under the table and in violation of the CBA.

Find me a draft day deal involving a free agent, if you think I'm wrong.

• Moderators

Quote:

The trade was Tinsley to Indy.

We drafted Tinsley for Indiana.

Later we sent Tinsley to Indiana.

I think his point is that it is legal to trade Tinsley for a pick or a player under contract but not for a FA, like Al.

I agree with wasBlackHawkDown mostly. No Reddick or Morrison. I wouldn't call Morrison garbage, but not a star. My preferences for the Hawks would be:

1. Noah (if he declares)

2. Bargnani

3. Aldridge

4. Roy (as PG only)

5. Splitter

None look like sure things for us. But any of these should help. What a crappy draft. No to Carney, Gay, or Thomas because of their size (or other reasons).

I haven't seen O'Bryant on Sene play, but they both sound like good bets as well. But the press is (sometimes) misleading.

I notice that no-one talks about Anderson coming next year. Was he hurt that badly or is he considered another BWS?

Guest Walter

BHD, our personal differences aside, I'm not against this. I liked O'Bryant in the 2 games I saw him in and think he has late blooming big man upside. Still, he's only a Soph. so he's not that late in terms of blooming. Lastly, I project he goes higher than 13 by draft day. He's the only true center in the draft I'd look at save maybe some foreign player I don't know about yet.

Rather than trade for future considerations (because with Oden and some of the other class rumored to be coming out) nobody's gonna give us a shot at a top 3 next year) I wouldn't mind also trying to find someway to bring a Pg. The 13th pick COULD get Marcus Williams. Who knows what it will eventually take to get O'B1. Difficult details but I'd look into it.

W