• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iverson to Atlanta?

TheDude

I love Iverson, but if he comes to the Hawks he would seriously hurt the growth of this team.

He dominates the ball and it would substantially hurt the other younger guys improving. They will be too busy watching Iverson instead of becoming better players.

P

Latest I've heard is that AI wants to go to a contender. And while I think we might have an outside shot of reaching the playoffs next year, I don't think that would be AI's definition of contender.

I'm concerned about his selfish play also, but I like his ability to slash through the lane and score/create opportunities. Adding someone that commands the attention he does on offense would get everyone not only more open looks but more driving lanes as well. Could you imagine AI running a pick and roll offense with Smoove/Marvin/JJ all rotating toward the basket? Not to say he's the same distributor that Nash is, but we could run a variation of the PHX offense with AI slashing like Nash does.

• Admin

I listen to 790 all day long and I heard them talking about "the possibility" but they never suggested that it was actually going to happen OR tha A.I had said ANYTHING to suggest that he actually wanted to come here. In fact, I think I remember then opining that A.I alone would still not make us contenders and considering his salary, would probably not be a good fit.

Thats exactly what I heard also, unless I missed something later..

You have to always look at anyone that scores as much as AI, but I just really don't see a fit with our team or a trade scenario that would work to get him without giving up Marvin or Smoove in the mix..I also don't see a reason Philly would want Harrington..They are already stocked with overpriced players at the 3 and 4.

Good old Steven A. Smith was talking about the fact that Philly was entertaining the idea of ditching both AI and CWebb during the halftime show of the MIN/DAL game last night. If that were to happen, then I guess PHI could look at starting Al at the 4. Talk about our gain and their loss! I'd be cool with trading Al + filler contracts and swapping picks with them for AI.

Quote:

Don't be humble. It was freaking JohnnyBravo whose job it is to blast anyone who suggests that any top 40 player could be traded.

I am glad that you realized that I was coming..Come on people. We'd set our franchise back 10 years. We'd just be trading for Tyronne Lue on steroids.

In any event AI isn't going anywhere. We are not getting KG, nor Kobe, nor Lebron. We won't be trading for Chris Bosh, and Tim Duncan is not available. If we get a top 10 caliber player, it is because we drafted him or he changes his status from Tier 2 to tier 1 ergo Joe Johnson. Otherwise this is the list we need to be looking at in the offseason

Mike James

Nene

Steve Francis

Samuel Dalembert

Kelvin Cato

Players like that. I could almost come around on Jermaine O'neal, but even that is a 20% chance.

• Premium Member

I am not sure that I would want AI either. But with that said, I wonder if Philly would do a trade of

AI + Daly

for

Al (SNT) + Lue + filler

Of course the trade would depend on what else Philly wanted. And if the Hawks want to take on these contracts. But thinking of the possible lineup we could put on the floor makes me consider this.

AI

JJ

JSmoove

Marvin

Daly