dalamchops

i appreciate:

the young guys learning the game and improving all year

the coach never quitting on his team, and vice versa

apparent harmony despite all the losses, and the obvious logjams

the cheap acquisitions and the fire they play with: zaza, bat man, even grundy

the expensive acquisition, and the steadiness he provides

plenty that frustrates me, but lots to enjoy all season long

I appreciate first and foremost Joe Johnson. If this team didn't have him things would have been REALLY ugly. I'm glad BK didn't call Colangelo's bluff. I'd like to thank the entire team and coaching staff for the effort the entire season and congratulations on doubling their win total.

I appreciate the owners for making a stand against Belkin and showing that they want to get this team on the right track. I also want to congratulate Dominique Wilkins on making it into the hall of fame. He should be able to put hof after his name like m.d. or esq.

I would also again like to send my condolences to the family of Jason Collier and may he rest in peace.

Appreciation also goes way of Steve Smith and Sekou Smith. Steve for his insight and on the low remarks that made me laugh and Sekou for his coverage of the Hawks and providing coverage to an information starved fan like me(thanks to Billy Knight being so tight lipped).

To Billy all I can say is that he too can join this appreciation list depending on what he does in the offseason.

I appreciate all the things that has been said.

I love the fact that, with our record being two times

better than last season, we have the expectation of

watching our young team grow and mature, of looking

at all things positive and seeing that even better days

are ahead for our beloved Hawks.

Some teams, with bloated contracts and over the hill

players have to wonder, what can we do now? Who can

we unload these players on, so that we can get younger,

cheaper and more athletic?

I'm so glad Hawks don't have any such problem. We saw

our future on the floor this season. Other teams, we

are told, began to respect this year's team. We won

games that we shouldn't have won and lost games we

shouldn't have lost, but this is all a part of growing

and learning.

I appreciate all the posters on Hawhsquawk who make life

more intertaining all year round.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

While this season certainly had it's share of heartbreaking losses (on the floor and off the floor, may you R.I.P. J.C), it was a very exciting one to say the least. We saw a great deal of maturity from a very young team. They reached a new level this season and showed they can win. We need to address our weaknesses and continue to build what I believe will be a very successfull franchise for years to come. JJ, Chillz, Smoove, ZaZa, Batman, Al, Marvin, Lue, Slim, Big John, Donta, Royal, Grundy, and Woody. Thanks for a great season. Keep it going. Hawks fans are a little spoiled now this season by doubling our wins and expect even bigger and better things in 06/07!

P.S.

I also appreciate all those companies that sponsored

the Hawks on radio and T.V.

Even the alcoholic young man on the Bud light spot.

When he has to do without his "Fix" for a few minutes,

he has to be rescued as he is going into DT'S.

Funny. - - Even if it is obvious he is sick.

I recently purchased a suit from one of our sponsors.

First one in many years.

Thanks, sponsors!!!!

smirk.gif

• Premium Member

I like the growth that i have seen in the team.. especially the Joshes and I'm happy for the acquisitions of JJ and Zaza... two guys who stepped up Big and if it wasn't for David West, Zaza would probably be MIP.

Everytime I see "MIKE JAMES" I'm simply forced to picture the rapper "MIKE JONES". Don't know why? And when I hear "MIKE JONES", I'm forced to picture my uncle who's name is "MIKE JONES" and he looks nothing like the rapper. He's as far from the rapper as you can get. White, bald-headed GT graduate that lives in Oregon. lol.

I appreciate the fact that Josh Smith is officially owning Jay Bilas every night (He said JSmoove was going to be a bust) and I think Marvin Williams and the other young players on this team are finally starting to get it. The potential this team has is scary.

I appreciate the fact that we will have a great chance at landing a talented big man to complete this team.