• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks lost the drawing with Charlotte

exodus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I didn't realize that 2nd round pick was the reverse of the first. So if the lottery moves us up ahead of charlotte in the first round, we pick 34th in the 2nd round, otherwise we pick 33rd. Interesting

Somebody better email that fact to BK so he doesn't get on the radio without knowing what pick he has (like last year on 790 smirk.gif)

Remember back in 1990 when Seattle and Atlanta had identical records and the Sonics won a coin toss for the extra ping pong ball. They ended up with Gary Payton; the Hawks ended up with Rumeal Robinson. Need I say more?

It's not even freaking close. I didn't even know he had traded that #1 unprotected until recently. Wow. Eddy Curry was barely worth Sweetney alone. Much less a top 5 pick. Much less a massive cap-crippling contract. I cannot believe Zeke still has a job.

Then he goes and trades a 10/10 PF for a 39% shooting SG confused.gif At least he got Nate Robinson in that deal.

Then he goes and trades for a selfish, max salary PG to go with the one he already has confused.gif

Honestly, I think Zeke has only made one good move since he's been there--drafting Frye. Trading for Mohammed was OK, too.

When will people learn that the fact that a guy was good at playing a sport doesn't mean he'll be a good coach or GM in that sport.

So your conclusion is that Seattle ended up with the #2 pick (vs. our #10 was it?) because they had 1 more ball?

I know I now have a reputation as an argumentative hothead, so I won't touch this one.

Just tell me one thing, people. Does anyone else see what's so horribly wrong with his conclusion? Am I alone in the world?

In terms of actually winning the lottery one ball basically makes no difference, or less than 1% difference to be more precise.

The only real difference it makes is that if the Bobcats and the Hawks don't win the lottery then they will pick in front of us.

And even then I don't think it makes much difference because I think there is a good chance that they go for Morrison or Bargnani. There is a poll going on in the Bobcats RealGM board about who they should pick and the clear majority want Morrison. Aldridge is actually last on their wish list.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=481478&start=0

Quote:

I will be hoping for a top 3, but my predicted draft order is

1.Chicago (from NY) - I think it's their destiny. How funny would it be that NY traded the overall #1 plus next year's #1 for Curry?

2.Charlotte

3.Portland

4.Atlanta

Are we still able to trade this years pick even with the JJ trade stipulations? If so, I'd be willing to trade down for two picks, one to send to Phoenix and one to draft Marcus Williams.

Quote:

Quote:

I will be hoping for a top 3, but my predicted draft order is

1.Chicago (from NY) - I think it's their destiny. How funny would it be that NY traded the overall #1 plus next year's #1 for Curry?

2.Charlotte

3.Portland

4.Atlanta

Are we still able to trade this years pick even with the JJ trade stipulations? If so, I'd be willing to trade down for two picks, one to send to Phoenix and one to draft Marcus Williams.

you can trade the rights to the player right after you draft him, so basically, yes, but it has to wait til draft time.

However we can't "send" one to Phoenix. They get our first next year if it's not top 3.

Quote:

It's not even freaking close. I didn't even know he had traded that #1 unprotected until recently. Wow. Eddy Curry was barely worth Sweetney alone. Much less a top 5 pick. Much less a massive cap-crippling contract. I cannot believe Zeke still has a job.

Not only that, but they also gave Chicago the right to swap picks with them next year. So let's say NY gets the #1 pick next year, Chicago gets the 14th (or whatever) - Chicago will elect to swap picks with them and get the #1 pick AGAIN.

Yeah, it gets even worse. There's no reason to believe they will be anything but one of the worst teams in the NBA next year again with no pick and no cap room. They will very likely have to give a top 4 pick to the Bulls.

What the %^&$@ was Zeke thinking? Was he banking on Curry elevating the Knicks to playoff status? Now the Bulls are set. I'm really envious of their situation.

The Knicks now have almost no way to improve. They better hope Frye turns into David Robinson in a hurry. That, and Eddy curry needs to get a fire lit under him.

Quote:

Yeah, it gets even worse. There's no reason to believe they will be anything but one of the worst teams in the NBA next year again with no pick and no cap room. They will very likely have to give a top 4 pick to the Bulls.

What the %^&$@ was Zeke thinking? Was he banking on Curry elevating the Knicks to playoff status? Now the Bulls are set. I'm really envious of their situation.

The Knicks now have almost no way to improve. They better hope Frye turns into David Robinson in a hurry. That, and Eddy curry needs to get a fire lit under him.

As bad a move as that was, Chicago made a bad move in keeping Tyson Chandler. They should have traded Chandler to NYC instead of Curry. Chandler is Garbage. The most overpaid NBA player in history.

Quote:

And even then I don't think it makes much difference because I think there is a good chance that they go for Morrison or Bargnani. There is a poll going on in the Bobcats RealGM board about who they should pick and the clear majority want Morrison. Aldridge is actually last on their wish list.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=481478&start=0

Well if Bargnani is on their list then IT DOES make a difference.

The top 3 on the Hawks board should be

Tyrus Thomas

LaMarcus Aldridge

Andrea Bargnani

If the Bobcats pick before us and they pick any of these guys then the coin toss officially hurts us.

Quote:

As bad a move as that was, Chicago made a bad move in keeping Tyson Chandler. They should have traded Chandler to NYC instead of Curry. Chandler is Garbage. The most overpaid NBA player in history.

i'd love to have chandler on our team; u care too much about ppg; chandler rebounds/defends much better than curry; his ONLY real problem is his ailing back