• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade the damn pick

bretski33

This year's draft class is weak to start off with. I like Aldridge and Thomas but I really dont think they will have a big impact in the league (at least not right away). What we need is a diesel center who can man up and play some D, grab some boards, and score in the freakin post. We have no big man who can guard the better post players in the league. A leader at the point position would also help our squad. Unfortunately, the top prospects fullfil neither of these needs. It should be a given that BK trades this pick for a proven player. My advice- package the first rounder with one of our forwards (preferably not Smith or Childress) for a top center.

• Admin

First off, we don't need help right away. We're not one player away from contending for a championship.

Second, there are no "diesel centers who can man up and play some D, grab some boards, and score in the freakin post" available, anywhere.

Once we know exactly where we will be picking, then we can really worry about how we use it. A big man who might take 2 years to develop into a full time player would be more than worth it.

Im talking about a Jermaine O'Neal- somebody 6-11, puts up 20 and 10, bodies big men and can actually run. Forget a 7 foot plus center who isnt agile enough to run a fast break. And forget all the top young big men- Noah, Aldridge, and Thomas all need 20 pounds of muscle to be noticed in this league. O'Neal and the Pacers are bound for a split very soon. JO will get the job done man.

couldnt have put it better myself -- we did "restart" just 2 years ago,and we've yet to recieve a legit allstar East miracles we never got:

2002-2003 Heat (25-57)

+ Shaq/Wade in Miami = contention

2002-2003 Cavs (17-65)

+ Lebron = *almost* contending

our time will come, but one improved year doesnt need to get everyone goin crazy about trading valuable picks.

ok i gotta go, but im sure u get my drift

Guest Walter

Quote:

Second, there are no "diesel centers who can man up and play some D, grab some boards, and score in the freakin post" available, anywhere.

Unfortunately, that is precisely the type center you need to line up next to two Sfs or else you're AT BEST playoff doomed.

W

Quote:

Im talking about a Jermaine O'Neal- somebody 6-11, puts up 20 and 10, bodies big men and can actually run. Forget a 7 foot plus center who isnt agile enough to run a fast break. And forget all the top young big men- Noah, Aldridge, and Thomas all need 20 pounds of muscle to be noticed in this league. O'Neal and the Pacers are bound for a split very soon. JO will get the job done man.

So Jermaine is this diesel center you want??

Jermaine dosen't like contact and most of his offense is turnaround jumpshots.

nice!

I don't know why everyone here is obssesed with this guy.

First of all it will take us too much to get him

@nd he has a big ass contract,

and Larry Bird said he will be shopping him this summer.

I wonder why.

I think he is just a stat guy.

If you had a 27-year-old 20/10 (2.5 block) 6'11" 260 lb PF/C....what would you want for him?

Sam Smith suggested GS offer Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy for ONeal/Jackson. Geez. That is 2 QUALITY YOUNG NBA players.

I think we need to do better than a #4 pick and some castoff. I guess you mean Marvin Williams as that other forward? Williams/#4 is a decent package, but I'm still not sure they bite. Williams doesn't have the best value right now, and this draft is really kind of mediocre.

JO gets 18 mil

Joe gets 12 mil next year

so that's 30 mil on two 20ppg guys and we still need a point and a defensive minded C.

PG- ??/Lue

SG- Joe/Salim

SF- Smith/Chill

PF- O'neal/??

C-Zaza/??/Batista

and then we have to resign Smoove and Chill if we can, so we can't even think about free agents. No draft picks this or next year.

or if we don't get JO

Pg- Cassell(8 mil per year) or Speedy/Lue

Sg- Joe/Chill/Slim

SF- SMoove/Marvin

Pf- Aldridge or Bargnani/Mbenga/Batista 2nd rounder/

C- Zaza/Nene(6 mil per year)/Mbenga(2 mil per year)

I would wait on Smoove and Marvin until one of them becomes better player and than trade whoever isn't in our plans.

I 'll take the 2nd one. laugh.gif

Quote:

First of all it will take us too much to get him

@nd he has a big ass contract,

and Larry Bird said he will be shopping him this summer.

I wonder why.

I think he is just a stat guy.

I agree that it takes too much to get him, and that he makes too much. It would probably take Chill+Marvin+#4 or something like that

But he is not just a stat guy. O'Neal is a scrub. The problem is that the pieces on their team don't fit and they have no identity now. I would LOVE to get O'Neal here. JJ and O'Neal would be automatic playoffs next year regardless of anything else.

Not gonna happen though

Edit:

By the way he had 37 tonight and led the pacers to a 2-1 lead over the nets

I don't want to trade Marvin. I think the guy who started this post was suggesting that. I'm just providing my moderate analysis without choosing sides. Diesel will call me gutless for that... grin.gif

Marvin/#4 for O'Neal would be a lot to give up, but I still think they'd want more. We'd be in WIN-NOW mode, for sure with 30 mil in contracts.

O'Neal > Marvin/#4? Probably...definitely in the short term, but you handcuff yourself. You have no money to spend, and you're a #7 seed playoff team--too good for draft picks, too poor to sign FA's, not good enough to win a title.

Quote:

I don't want to trade Marvin. I think the guy who started this post was suggesting that. I'm just providing my moderate analysis without choosing sides. Diesel will call me gutless for that...
grin.gif

Marvin/#4 for O'Neal would be a lot to give up, but I still think they'd want more. We'd be in WIN-NOW mode, for sure with 30 mil in contracts.

O'Neal > Marvin/#4? Probably...definitely in the short term, but you handcuff yourself. You have no money to spend, and you're a #7 seed playoff team--too good for draft picks, too poor to sign FA's, not good enough to win a title.

Exatcly laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I don't want to trade Marvin. I think the guy who started this post was suggesting that. I'm just providing my moderate analysis without choosing sides. Diesel will call me gutless for that...
grin.gif

Exatcly laugh.gif

Like you're going to win a title with a bunch of tweeners with no inside presence.

I actually like that second team you suggested there. I think it's a big improvement over the team we've got now and could fight for a playoff spot. Jermaine O'Neal is an All-Star player with a TON of talent. He's also an injury concern and if the team was paying he and JJ 30million between the two of them, their money left for role players is very limited. This will make it very difficult to put quality players on the floor if and when JO goes down w/ an injury.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

grin.gif

Exatcly laugh.gif

Like you're going to win a title with a bunch of tweeners with no inside presence.

Works for Detroit..presently working for Phoenix

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

grin.gif

Exatcly laugh.gif

Works for Detroit..presently working for Phoenix

1.Sheed is taller than anybody on the Hawks roster I believe.

2.Ben Wallace is 6'9 but he plays big. Show me another Ben Wallace in the league. Don't even think about bringing up Josh Smith. He doesn't have the power or defensive skills of

Ben. The rebounding either. The only player that is sorta like Ben is Elton Brand who has the reach of a 7 footer.

3,The Suns aren't a title threat. They might not even get out of the first round. They could have very well lost that first game being down 0-2.