• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which NBA team had the most disappointing season?

CBAreject

I nominate Seattle, Golden State, Minnesota, Houston, Philadephia, and Indiana.

Seattle and Houston each dropped down 17 wins from last season (52 and 51 to 35 and 34 respectively).

Golden State was supposed to arrive this year with Richardson and Davis in the backcourt to go with Murphy, Dunleavy, Diogu. Philly was supposed to be improved with Webber, but they got worse. Indiana was supposed to be back. Minnesota got worse, but they were sort of on the decline, anyway.

I voted Golden State. I think it has to be them or Seattle. Houston just had too many injuries for me to consider it a disappointment, that's just bad luck to me. Seattle completely disappeared after their great season, and Golden State COMPLETELY failed to meet any expectations. Most thought they could finally make the playoffs

I can't imagine anyone possibly saying Atlanta. The only disappointing thing in our season was how great Paul turned out to be, and that's not our team. Doubling your wins is always a good step

• Premium Member

Golden State by the simple fact that they won their last 11 or so games down the stretch last year after getting Davis back. In that period they beat several strong playoff teams.

Houston... Well, they were injured.

Seattle... Got a new coach.

But GS didn't have many injuries... They just couldn't win.

Houston has been disappointing since signing Tmac. For those who ascribe to the 2 superstars=championship contender theory, there doesn't seem to be much hope for Tmac and Yao.

However, injuries took them out of playoff contention more so than just being a disappointing team. I gave it to Golden State because of all the franchise has been through the past ten years, and then to disappoint so badly in their breakout year that never was.

• Premium Member

For a good stretch...

Yao was playing very well.

For a good stretch....

you know that Tmac can play very well.

I just think that injuries took their toll on them.. But also, they needed to invest in a PF who could take some pressure off Yao.

• Moderators

How are the Knicks not #1 in this category???

Signed HOF Coach and traded as much for a young center as the Hawks did for JJ.

Highest payroll in the league.

Second worst record in the league.

How are they not the most dissappointing?

• Premium Member

For the Knicks to be in this category (most disappointing) there had to be expectations of greatness from the Knicks... or at least a strong season.

I think everybody but the media has given up on the Knicks being great.

Especially with some of the moves that Isiah has done.

Quote:

How are the Knicks not #1 in this category???

Signed HOF Coach and traded as much for a young center as the Hawks did for JJ.

Highest payroll in the league.

Second worst record in the league.

How are they not the most dissappointing?

I totaly forgot about Knicks, but watching them play than it's a suprise that they even won 20 games or so.

• Moderators

Out of the options listed on the poll, I would probably go with Golden State. Several of them (like Philly and Seattle) I did not expect to do much better than they did. Several disappointed largely through injuries/off court issues (Houston and Indiana in particular) which I don't consider dissappointing in the same way. Minnesota is almost always a dissappointing team to me but I did not see any real reason why they should be better this year than last and by losing Cassell you figure they would probably be worse. Atlanta was the youngest team in the league and showed progress on the floor and in the standings.

So I go with GS, of the options on the thread, who looked to be significantly improved and ready to make the leap.

• Moderators

Quote:

For the Knicks to be in this category (most disappointing) there had to be expectations of greatness from the Knicks... or at least a strong season.

I think everybody but the media has given up on the Knicks being great.

Especially with some of the moves that Isiah has done.

I don't think they were projected to do much better or worse than almost everyother team on this poll, though.

In fact, you predicted them to finish 7th in the East. Going from a playoff prediction to the 2nd worst in the league is a big fall.

Quote:

Out of the options listed on the poll, I would probably go with Golden State. Several of them (like Philly and Seattle) I did not expect to do much better than they did. Several disappointed largely through injuries/off court issues (Houston and Indiana in particular) which I don't consider dissappointing in the same way. Minnesota is almost always a dissappointing team to me but I did not see any real reason why they should be better this year than last and by losing Cassell you figure they would probably be worse. Atlanta was the youngest team in the league and showed progress on the floor and in the standings.

So I go with GS, of the options on the thread, who looked to be significantly improved and ready to make the leap.

But Golden State didn't make the playoffs for about 10 years or so (they are cursed). grin.gif

• Premium Member

That's true.

I really liked their draft picks.

Still do.

However, I think I predicted Houston to finish top 5 in the west.

I think I also predicted that GS would be in the playoff too.

If you want to go by my predictions.

You make a good point though. Nobody thought they would be the worst team. Especially after betting the house on Curry.

• Premium Member

Good Poll...

I thought it was a tossup between Houston and Seattle...with the edge going to Seattle. Houston you have to consider if you believe injuries play a role in disappointment. Personally, I think that's just the luck of the draw as opposed to a team not living up to expectations.

Seattle on the other hand... What did they really change? They were on fire last year and proved that they were no fluke by winning some decent games. 06 rolls around and they just stunk up the joint. What happened?!?!? That's a disappointment.

I don't consider the Knicks a disappointment at all. Even if you thought they would make the playoffs, you did so with the hope that Curry would not get lazy again and could be a major factor and the hope that Marbury could lead a team and the hope that LB could mold that crew into something workable.

Honestly, did anyone really EXPECT the Knicks to do well or were they thinking/hoping maybe the Knicks will do well. Personally, I thought it might work out for them this year, but with how their season turned out...I am not surprised at all.

• Moderators

Personally, I thought Seattle was smoke and mirrors last season and would sorely miss Nate McMillian so it was not a surprise to see them plummet for me. I would have been surprised if they had been a team winning 20-25 games this year but a team based around 3pt shooting is in a precarious position at all times, IMO.

here's a question...who misses the other more.

Like the converse of a bad tv movie where two people won't hang up the phone as the other says, "I love you more..."

who misses the other more?

Does Seattle miss nate more?...or does Nate, after a year in Portland (and if you need a quick summation of this and haven't read Darius Miles' post-exit interview, pm me)...miss Seattle more?