• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SUNS VS. Lakers--GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

Wurider05

Fantastic finish to a great game. Sure Nash was mugged but if they would've hit a few of those chip shots, they would not have been in that position in the first place.

Not that I'm a Lakers fan (because I'm not) but I want them to win this series badly. It couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans who have been giving us grief for the JJ/Diaw trade all year long, as if JJ turned into Dion Glover once he donned Hawk gear. No need to go down this road again but as Ron Harper once said to Alonzo Mourning after the Bulls beat the Heat in the playoffs, 'have a happy 'effin' summer vacation, Sun fans.

DeJay, you got that right! I am also impressed with the way the Lakers have suddenly found the team concept instead of just jumping on Kobe's back. Phil Jackson understands what it takes to win a championship, he has the vision. I doubt they would be able to get by the Spurs this year, but Phil definitely has them on the right track.

Quote:

Fantastic finish to a great game. Sure Nash was mugged but if they would've hit a few of those chip shots, they would not have been in that position in the first place.

Not that I'm a Lakers fan (because I'm not) but I want them to win this series badly. It couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans who have been giving us grief for the JJ/Diaw trade all year long, as if JJ turned into Dion Glover once he donned Hawk gear. No need to go down this road again but as Ron Harper once said to Alonzo Mourning after the Bulls beat the Heat in the playoffs, 'have a happy 'effin' summer vacation, Sun fans.

I don't give a D@mn if they should have been in that position or not... They were and refs called nothing just like the Cleveland game. The NBA is NOT legit.

• Admin

I disagree, Nash initiated practially all of the contact that took place because he was trying to keep the ball away from one guy and would bump into another guy. If you watch the various replays the contact from the defenders was practically all ball. On the first replay it looked like he got hit from behind. But watching it in slow-mo from different angles I thought it was excellent D on the Lakers part. He never got bodied and he never got hacked across the arm.

I had a problem with the fact that the refs didn't give him the time-out at first. But after seeing some replays I alsofelt it was his fault. He didn't make an attempt to call a timeout until he was surrounded and the refs couldn't see him. At that point, for a ref to give him an assumed time out, when the other team has him pinned in and has a legit shot of getting the ball away from him, would have been a crime.

Quote:

I disagree, Nash initiated practially all of the contact that took place because he was trying to keep the ball away from one guy and would bump into another guy. If you watch the various replays the contact from the defenders was practically all ball. On the first replay it looked like he got hit from behind. But watching it in slow-mo from different angles I thought it was excellent D on the Lakers part. He never got bodied and he never got hacked across the arm.

I had a problem with the fact that the refs didn't give him the time-out at first. But after seeing some replays I alsofelt it was his fault. He didn't make an attempt to call a timeout until he was surrounded and the refs couldn't see him. At that point, for a ref to give him an assumed time out, when the other team has him pinned in and has a legit shot of getting the ball away from him, would have been a crime.

It's it true any of the teammates can call a time out? I agree there was no foul... But I think there should have been a timeout called there.

• Admin

Boris Diaw was standing behind the refs. Obviously he didn't make himself noticable or he would have been given the timeout. The TV guys discussed this at length.

Steve Nash tried to call a timeout when:

1. No ref could see him mouth the words "timeout" because he was surrounding and trying to keep from losing the ball.

2. He couldn't use his hands to signal a timeout.

It was his fault for getting trapped and his teams fault for not COMING TO HIM in order to bail him out.

• Admin

that's garbage. Are the to assume that he wanted a timeout and just give it to him? In such a tight situation, when the other team is making a legit attempt to get the ball away from him? Hell no they shouldn't...

Diaw or one of his teammates should have RAN TO HIM. They might have bailed him out of the trap. If not they would have been in a good position to get the timeout. They did neither and it's completely understandable that the refs wouldn't give them the TO.

• Admin

even after seeing a few more replays on sportscenter this morning, I can still understand why they didnt' give them the timeout. The ref couldn't see Boris and by the time he ran over there and yelled timeout, the lakers had their hands on the ball and technically neither team had possession. Yuu could hear him call for the timeout. But again, at that point the Suns didn't have clear possession of the ball.

Quote:

Boris Diaw was standing behind the refs. Obviously he didn't make himself noticable or he would have been given the timeout. The TV guys discussed this at length.

Steve Nash tried to call a timeout when:

1. No ref could see him mouth the words "timeout" because he was surrounding and trying to keep from losing the ball.

2. He couldn't use his hands to signal a timeout.

It was his fault for getting trapped and his teams fault for not COMING TO HIM in order to bail him out.

The question is did the ref hear Boris call for time out. In the reply I seen it looked like Boris was saying it. Anyway, I think Lukes foot was also out of bounds.

I just think it's alittle fishy after the non call on LeBron and now this. I have to believe they badly want both Kobe and James to advance.

I'll agree that Nash was stupid for dribbling into that spot. He knows better than that.