• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry Must Lead Hawks

jaywalker72

During this Western road trip, the Hawks have, at times, looked lost, undisciplined, and rudderless.

The offense has not been humming on quite the level it was at home just a short week or so ago.

Jason Walker thinks he may know what the problem is, and it starts at the point.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

I can't say that I'm overly surprised at JT's adjustment to the pg position. His assts. are a little higher than I had expected,

but his turnovers are higher as well. Something I have noticed, but haven't done the actual math on (so could possibly be wrong) is that when Terry scores more (aka the suns) his assts. are generally lower (take his taking on all of the scoring load in that game, shooting a very high percentage, but not getting an asst., or perhaps one, after halftime). And yet in games like tonight, he shoots a horrible percentage (below his career % for the season) while racking up a good number of assts.

Though I haven't been able to watch the games, I have a feeling that Jay is right in his observation that, in games where he tries to play more pg and forgets to create for himself on occasion, he ends up being the last option and hoisting ill-advised shots/ threes.

Couple of points. Jay mentions Kruger's coaching. And JT's need for realization. But does should any glances be cast at his teammates, namely Dog and Reef (particularly the prior, though I'm not hating), to recognize/ accept when difficult situation slightly earlier and therefore swing the ball back out to JT earlier in the shot-clock, thus allowing him some time to "create" rather than "bail-out"

I have a feeling it's a combination of them all. Nevertheless, it is clear to me that JT is quite adept at both sg and pg, and has proven both at times this season (31 pts, 11-15, 6-7) or (14pts, 5-13, 1-6 3%, 8asts, 4 to). Nevertheless, in no game this season has he had fewer than 3 to.

The team is on the right track, but the kinks have yet to be worked out. "gelling" if you will. Here's to capitalizing on a Shaq-less Laker team, coming home at .500, and preparing to defend the homecourt for a little bit.

Jay,

You're absolutely right. If Terry were to assert himself more on the offensive end (his quickness to the hole), he will create so much havic on the defensive team that they will collapse on Terry. Thereby, leaving an outlet pass to either big dog and shareef.

I noticed how the tempo of the game changes when Terry creates more opportunities going to the hole. Terry can hit those short and long jump shots. I wished he could be more aggressive on the offensive end.

Jt hasn't earned the big contract so far.The turnovers

need to come down.

Theo can't stay out of foul trouble

All besides one game Shareef has made no impact

and we still lost the game that he did.

Big dog should never touch the ball unless he is

shooting jumper.

I think you have to blame every member of the team.

Everybody is doing their part in losing games.

I disagree with Jaywalker in that the problem is with coaching moreso that with JT's play. JT has actually been the most consistant Hawk to date. I believe he is carrying out Lon's game plan which is excluding JT on the O end. Instead of trying to get Theo involved in the O early on in games, we should run some plays for JT. JT's O play opens up SAR and GRob much more than Theo's O will ever do. The coaches need to do a better job of balancing JT's point play with his scoring ability.

Well I think this is just the adjustment process, we have to remember JT is always a alow starter and the way that he has started this year its scary, because once December comes around, he will be doing all those things that are being said.

Jt will start driving and dishing and creating havoc, but we all know he starts slow, plus we have 2 new starters and once the chemistry comes around, this team will be dangerous. Guys we have to remember this team has only been together for about 1 month, because Big Dog is new, pratically Theo is also.....thos e are 2 new starters in the lineup.........

Like I said before once December starts watchout for JT and this offense they will be dangerous, the TO's will go down and defense intensity will RISE up. I'm still excited about this team, because analyzing it well, this team is dangerous.