• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al/Salim for Shawn Marion.

Diesel

• Admin

I don't need to waste my time. Because I, like you, know that stats, especially rookie stats, don't mean much in the greater scheme. The difference is that I don't have an agenda and you do.

Richard Jefferson? I assume you are refering to the "al for jefferson" thread in which I did not participate?

And you see Marion as a SF, because it suits your needs at the moment. But the fact is, he has played PF for two years. He has guarded other PF's and has been quite successful at it. He's effective on defense and creates matchup nightmares on offense. Which proves with little doubt that Josh Smith and Marvin Williams can be very successful playing alongside each other and further proves that Josh Smith is more than capable of playing the PF position in the NBA. All in all it means Marvin is far from being some redundant asset.

Also your theories of on his current value don't hold water. In my opinion, his value would be much higher after another season of development and improved stats, which will naturally come. Especially considering that you are alone on an island when it comes to your opinion of Marvins potential. I can't seem to find a reputable basketball opinion that would agree with you. But it could just be because they haven't taken the time to compare Marvins Highschool stats to someone elses or look at his TENDEX rating as a rookie.

Quote:

Get over yourself about your opinion of my bias. It's colorful but not constructive. I've stated my opinion as best I can and there are people here so in belief that I hate a player that perhaps this opinion will have to come from someone else.

It's rather difficult to get over it when I read it 15 times a day. You constantly interject your opinion on the subject and marvin specifically, into every post you make here. Despite that fact that everyone has read it and nobody wants to hear it anymore.

It's one thing to restate it a few times to be sure that everyone understands your position. It's another to repost it over and over again, in every thread possible, even though you know nobody wants to hear it. That's what garden variety trolls do.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You and Diesel, don't like Marvin.

The Diesel and Walter alliance. Who'd have ever thunk? 34853_confused.GIF

An alliance so foul, so unnatural, and so unholy...could have only been forged in the fiery pits of Hell! Truly an Axis of Evil and a blight upon the land. wink.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm watching the game, and guess what? Shawn Marion is playing center. Amazing how that works out, huh? Somehow, I doubt the games up to this point have been any different.

Did you really miss Diaw guarding Kaman? Really?

Quote:

Quote:

You and Diesel, don't like Marvin.

[/indent]

The Diesel and Walter alliance. Who'd have ever thunk?
34853_confused.GIF

An alliance so foul, so unnatural, and so unholy...could have only been forged in the fiery pits of Hell! Truly an Axis of Evil and a blight upon the land.
wink.gif
[/quo

Oh and it could get worse. What if you threw in Hotlanta?!?!

Marvin may not be good enough for Walter or Diesel but NO ONE is good enough for Hotlanta. Yikes.

Quote:

...Did you really miss Diaw guarding Kaman? Really?

Not to change the subject too much but Kaman's an interesting player. He's not going to be a Hollywood leading man when his NBA career is over but he brings a decent game with him. When I first saw him I just figured he was another big-white-stiff-in-the-middle, but he moves around decently and has a nice inside touch with both hands. He doesn't have those roid-cut muscles but he's no lightweight.

Marvin, Salim and Batista all will have the full summer with the Hawks and if they take a step up in their game the way that Josh Smith did in year two, that will be a significant imrovement for us. All three have the ability to be contributors this year.

If they give Batista a chance, he could definately play an important role. He brings toughness that has been missing.

Marvin is a "young 19" as BK has said. The end of the year he came on strong. I see his learning curve a lot like Josh S who made a sigifcant improvement in year two.

And Salim has the talent, but I think there are some issues of maturity. He butted heads with his coach at Az. and Woody. You have to wonder if sitting on the bench for a couple months didn't teach him someting. I think he could have a breakout year.

Each in their own way could be signifcant for us this next year.