• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why shouldn't we pick Morrison?

Diesel

• Moderators

Quote:

Do you think he's immature?

It's an easy to answer question. One year is all it takes.

I don't think so but he did just punch a guy in the nuts a year ago. wink.gif

The point is that you need to give it a few years to really evaluate people.

Compare Carlos Boozer or Joe Smith and Ben Wallace at the same age and Boozer looks a lot better younger until Wallace advances his game to repeated DPOY status.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Ben Wallace wasn't drafted 2nd overall...

the problem is you have no expectations for your picks...

Ask any Marvin supporter for an expectation. I think the most you would get is some answer douced in flaccidity and drowning non-commitedness.

No I just don't have MJ expectations for a player in his first year, who was known as a project from the beginning.

For example, I am a diehard Tennessee Titans fan. If Billy Volek blew out his knee in training camp and Vince Young was forced to start his rookie year, I wouldn't expect him to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for another 1,000. It just doesn't happen. Montana didn't do it, Young didn't do it, nor did Peyton Manning. Hell Peyton Manning's rookie year was abysmal. All I would expect is for him to make significant progress, and show flashes of potential.

This is exactly what Marvin Williams did this year. He wasn't drafted second because he'd be the second best player in 05-06. He was drafted there because he had the potential to be the best player in 3 years, 5 years. And if you thought that he would be all rookie this year then you are either delusional or an idiot.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ben Wallace wasn't drafted 2nd overall...

the problem is you have no expectations for your picks...

Ask any Marvin supporter for an expectation. I think the most you would get is some answer douced in flaccidity and drowning non-commitedness.

If Ben Wallace was drafted #2 overall how would that change things? Joe Smith was considered the better pick and went #1 overall. Smith looked to be much better based on their NBA performance their first year out of college. Wallace ended up much better.

My expectation for Marvin is that he develops into someone who is an All-Star candidate throughout his prime, making several games. He could end up more or less than that, but I will be dissappointed if he doesn't make a couple All-Star games in his career. My expectation was that he would not be in the running for rookie of the year.

• Premium Member

The fact that Ben Wallace was not drafted means that there was less expected of him. Therefore any good thing he gives is good.

I mean, look at what you're asking AHF.

Who do you expect more out of...

Marvin Williams or Donta Smith??

If the draft position means nothing, then it really don't matter who you get.

• Moderators

Quote:

Who do you expect more out of...

Marvin Williams or Donta Smith??

If the draft position means nothing, then it really don't matter who you get.

The expectations are completely different for those two. However, I can't definitively say that Marvin is better than Donta until a few years go by.

After their rookie years, Mike Miller looked a hell of a lot better than second round pick Michael Redd. Redd played in 6 games and averaged 2.2 ppg after his rookie year. No one would have said Redd was better than Miller after Miller won the NBA ROY.

However, given enough time to get a proper perspective, everyone would now agree that Redd was the better player. That is my point.