• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

What was the mathematical probability that PTL picks 4th?

They had a 25% chance of getting the 1st pick, and a 36% chance of getting 4th, so...

...the conspiracy must hibernate for at least one more year.

36%, their single most likely spot. Just like #5 was our single most likely spot.

Not sure what that has to do with a conspiracy.

Oh man, and to think I left out the obvious "colangelo goes to toronto" on my team by team conspiracy this year. I'll try to spend more time next year

Link

Here's your 2006 program for the after the fact conspiracies depending on who wins the lottery (in order):

Portland - Stern rewards the city that has been so faithful to the NBA, tries to help them get past jailblazer era

New York (To Chi.) - Stern helps put them over the top as a good playoff team and solidifies a decent market, revives the legacy of jordan

Charlotte - Stern helps the little guy, also wants to see the only black owner in sports be successful, and reward the very supportive charlotte crowd

Atlanta - Stern feels bad for screwing us in past lotteries, wants to see bigger crowds in Philips which is a great arena and could be extremely profitable. He also knows we're a bandwagon town, and if we win the people will come.

Toronto - Stern wants to make sure that his league stays international obviously. This pick helps ensure Bosh stays and the raps do well in the long run.

Minnesota - Stern feels bad for punishing McHale, and wants one of his most marketable stars in KG to have more support and success in the postseason

Boston - Why of course Stern wants the legendary celtics to rise back to prominence, and in particular behind white boy shooter Adam Morrisson who could be Larry Legend part II

houston - Stern wants international sensation Yao Ming to succeed to captivate the chinese audience's attention and money. This helps globalize the game once more

Golden State - Is it a coincidence that the team with the longest no-playoff streak is chosen despite having the 9th worst odds? I think not my friend

Seattle - With all the financial turmoil in Seattle, Stern sends a first pick their way to convince them to invest in the Sonics and keep them there. Plus having good guy Ray Allen on a good team benefits the team's image.

Orlando - Stern doesn't want Magic fans to give up on the NBA after both Shaq and TMac left them. After giving them Dwight Howard, he gives them another #1. Also having Dwight Howard succeed looks great for the league as he's a positive role model

N.O./Ok. City - Stern wants to help the city that got destroyed by Katrina. Either they stay in NO or they go to OKC, either way they need a good team to pull in maximal audience because either market will struggle

Philadelphia - Allen Iverson is a cash cow for the NBA. This top pick helps his team be successful once more and the NBA rakes in the dough

Utah - Stern helps improve the NBA's image by reaching way down to help the clean cut Jazz. Plus they can take Morrisson and have a young, mostly white core of deron-morrisson-kirilenko-okur

Hahah.. I missed that when you originally posted it. That's not only fantastic and hilarious, it's also an excellent example of how conspiracies are self-fulfilling.

Funnily, a brilliant guy such as yourself who understands Stern and knows about the conspiracies and such had guessed:

1. PTL

2. Houston

3. Minny

4. Chicago

5. Charlotte.

6. Atlanta.

or

1. ATL

2. PTL

3. Houston

4. Chicago

5. Charlotte

So before the draft you thought the obvious conspiracy was to punish Chicago and be generous to Portland with no help for Toronto, yet after the draft it's OBVIOUS that the conspiracy that makes sense is to screw PTL, be generous to Chicago, and give Toronto a huge gift.

You're so gifted man, I'm really envious of your talents.

Quote:

How mighty good of the coward to return...

You were unmissed reject!

Really now, this is just silly. This thread is going to devolve in 3.... 2.... 1....