• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SALIM or ROY?

y2kenta

Quote:

josh childress is not a guard. Have you seen him try to guard SG's? He just can't keep up.

nobody on our team is a starting caliber point guard.

That's why we're looking at PG's.

I think Salim can be, and I'd rather use our pick on a backup big man for Smoove or Zaza. Our free agent budget should be used to pick up a starting center or a superstar attraction..period

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

No, ZaZa should have someone in the paint with him that can kick some ass. If we get an enforcer to play D, his game will take off.

I thought that is somewhat like what I said:

Quote:

I do agree we need a stopper down low. But ZaZa is only going to get better. He is just 22 years old, that is the same age as a senior in college...

Maybe you thought I meant ZaZa was our stopper. If I would have meant that, I would have said we do not need a stopper down low as we already have one in ZaZa.

I think ZaZa is tough; but he will never be a great shot blocker...

Quote:

I think ZaZa is tough; but he will never be a great shot blocker...

Exactly. Im not bashing Zaza but his future on the defensive side of the ball does not look promising and his offense isn't good enough to make up for him being a defensive liability.

I don't want the Hawks to just be a .500 team in the future, I want them to be a championship caliber team and being realistic we could use an upgrade over Zaza. He has the least upside out of all our starters.