Trade JT? Are you people NUTS? Have patience!

archie44

The moderators should shut down the threads talking about trading JT. Give me a break.

JT and Big Dog for Williams, Gasol, and Battier?????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

-----

Look the turnovers are a concern. But this team is practically brand new. A new small forward. A new center (yes, he's new cause he's played more games in the past week than he did all of last season). It's going to take time.

The only thing I will say is that EMANUAL DAVIS is a WASTE. He's a nice guy, but NOTHING good ever happens when he's in there.

To me, that's what Pete was implying - not a trade of one of his marquee players.

Jason Terry is becoming one of the best point guards in the NBA. Period. What a great start to his season.

Yet, in this place, he's trade bait.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Be patient. I know we're all frustrated. We're all tired of losing. We should be at least 8-5 right now. But we're breaking down at the end (Boston, Phoenix games). We're going to get better as we go along here. Give it time.

The biggest knock on sports fans is that they (as a group) are impatient. It's natural. We want to win NOW, particularly if the team we follow has been losing for a few years.

But please be patient. We won only 33 games a year ago. If you can't see that we're making progress, you're not looking closely enough. Are we there yet? No, not at all. We've got to keep working, keep striving to get better.

But give it time. This team will improve dramatically on 33 wins!

• Admin

I agree with and have said the exact things you said. This team is new, turnovers are expected. JT has cut down on his. He's 6th in the league in assists.

But anyway, don't pin that "trade JT" rap on everyone here. That's something that Diesel and Diesel alone read into what Babcock said. It's certainly not in the mind of the majority here.

JT needs to play alittle defense.....Troy Hudson...

Shammond WIlliams both killed him.We might

have won one of the two games against Boston

and the Minnesota would have been closer if JT

had any defense what so ever.

Man, Shammond had wide open looks because our guards were diggin down to the post...the same looks we would get if we actually ran post plays. You act as if Shammond was cuttin up JT and getting to the basket...please."

JT got whiped and so he did againest Troy Hudson and

Bobby Jackson.But Jackson and Hudson ran circles around

JT.

It's the truth.If people would quit being [censored] biased

for a minute and look at facts.JT is a lazy defender,he

is quick enough to play defense but he will not.He gambles

for steals in which 1.8steals is not enough to makeup

for the times he gets toasted.

I am as big of a fan of JT as anybody,but it's dumb to

act like none of the players have weaknesses.

All players have weaknesses...but according to you our players are the worst in the NBA...fat, lazy, no heart...the fact is JT is not a bad defensive player ...he is not great either...all I was pointing out is how your comment about Shammond was not entirely correct...and you start talking about Bobby Jackson....LoL

JT's defense is bad.Go see Williams stat line.

"but according to you our players are the worst in the NBA...fat, lazy, no heart...the fact is JT is not a bad defensive player .."

Well they have the IQ of a peanut.And they don't

hussle..>ESP Big Dog.He never goes for a loose

ball.

• Admin

Finally, a voice of reason.

Way too much overreacting on this board. We are playing well, a lot better then the last two seasons. We still are going to take time to figure how to all play together. We are relatively healthy for once...knock on wood.

I really want to see what this team is going to be by all star break. If we can stay near .500 until then you will see what this team will have to offer.

Yes, those who wish to trade JT are nuts, He is not our problem and any suggestions that he is are purly emotional, biased and off based. He has been one of the few bright positives to mention in this slow start. I see two main problems; a back-up point and coaching, these two things have killed us, (besides turnovers). A "quality" back up point would go a long way to solidifying our second unit. I know that unit would play better if they had someone driving the car that knew what they were doing. Kruger coaching fumbles have been well documented therefore there is no need to rehash them. Be advised though that we as a team will not improve to next level until both situations improve or are somehow addressed. NO WAY DO WE TRADE JT. Get a quality back up and if Kruger cant produce with this talented group-kick the man to the curb......

• Premium Member

I don't think the Hawks would hesitate to trade JT - in a package, of course - if it meant getting a PG of close to the same caliber in return. The problem is that there simply is no one that fits that bill...That's why it seems more reasonable that they are looking for a backup PG or SG who can handle the ball.

I have said elsewhere and will say it again, the only tradeable players on the Hawks w/o breaking up the core are Davis, Glover, and Ham...and who could that possibly get us? It would be great to pick up a player who can hit the 3 and run the offense in PT minutes, but does such a backup exist and could he be acquired for spare change like Davis or Ham?

Brian Shaw, Eric Piatk owski, Jon Barry????

-----

I have to agree with Sage, though, JT is not the problem. Big Dog is the turnover machine, and he's not going anywhere. If JT can improve his FG%, he will have ALL-STAR caliber #'s...

• Premium Member

I like JT, I feel that if he had better coaching he'd be allstar PLUS...

However, in that letter that Babcock wrote, it's more than Evident that JT at the POINT is not something that Babcock considers for the future.

Say what you want...

Call it like you wish....

That's what Babcock suggested.

You are trying to make Babs' comments about our BACKUP PG mean something about JT. The comments had NOTHING to do with JT! Blunt91's note to Babs was about our lack of depth at PG, not about JT. Babs was addressing Blunt91's concerns about the turnovers, particularly when JT was out of the game. You don't even know what Blunt91 asked Babs yet you try to twist it to make it appear that Babs is unhappy with JT's play at PG and that is simply not true.