New Poll...

Diesel

Will not vote in your poll. I was a big advocate of the Hawks drafting Marvin at #2 before the draft, and have not changed my opinion in the slightest. For a stretch near the end of the season his stats were very respectable, even averaging 1.5 blocks a game.

I will play therapist today Diesel, and suggest that we give this "game" up for good in favor of a new more exciting "game". Something about this year's draft, that is what all the other kids are talking about.

• Premium Member

Actually.... my misguided friend.

This is not a Marvin vs. Chris poll.... sm-LOL.gif

It actually has a lot more to do with what we need to do in the future (particularly this draft) than you may be able to understand..

However, the results are very interesting indeed.

• Premium Member

Most Squawkers see Bargnani as their 2nd choice for the pick.

Most Squawkers see Thomas as thier 3rd Choice for the pick.

Most Squawkers see Aldridge as their 4th Choice for the pick.

Most Squawkers pick either Gay or someone else at their 5th choice.

Very interesting.

Diesel, what does it say that S. Williams is not the first choice? When we draft him, the love starts. I just hate the pick at 5 I don't care what the gurus say, that's my opinion. #8 and an extra pick...I'd do that, but not at 5. Additionally, could it be that we brought the point guards in and O'Bryant as a prelude to something bigger?

• Premium Member

An academic exercise in HS trends for me. when I first mentioned what the poll said.. only 19 people have voted. Now, we're up to 24.

When I first stated it.. 3 people have voted Bargnani first.

Now, he's up to 7.

Seeing that the "what's diesel getting at" people have already voted... Let me tell you what I was getting at.

There's only 1 player on the boards that brings the same thing that Marvin brings. ONLY GAY. Gay has been compared to Marvin at more places than Hawksquawk.

So in the subtraction of Marvin...

Would we miss him? Is there anything about Marvin's game that we would miss... if so, the picks should Overwhelmingly be for Gay.

Instead.. the picks were for a guy who many felt was a PF...

See, I have killed 2 birds with one post.

For those who says Marvin is untradable and we must have marvin... Gay brings the same skillset as Marvin (maybe more athletic) and has as much potential maybe even more. Last time I looked, Gay had 2 out of 24 first choice picks and we don't see anybody considering Gay until the 4th choice?

For those who say Smoove is a PF... Interesting that the one true Sf on the board only gets 2 first choice votes... and all these PF types get more votes than he...

So we have a whole lot of HYPOCRISY here on HS, expecially concerning our needs.

I would assume the same would be true for the shelden hate.

This poll cannot be about anything, because you base it on drafting somebody the Hawks did not draft. Call me slow, but why else devise something like this unless you are going to illustrate once again how the Hawks have handcuffed themselves by drafting Marvin.

I used to like your basketball opinions, back before even Hawksquawk exsisted, but when you go off on these tiresome tangents without end it is hard to take you seriously.

This is a roundabout poll about nothing. Despite the view that Marvin's not this or that, I wouldn't take Rudy Gay over him in this draft...Marvin would be number one hands down! Despite the man-love for Shelden Williams now Diesel, this what-if poll proves little to nothing.

If Marvin is traded on draft night or before the season Diesel, it would only be in a blockbuster deal. General consensus around the league is that he will be a star down the road. I like that. Now about Williams......I still say 5 is too high!

• Premium Member

It may be and it proved just that.

Nick you're the only one here who really really thinks that without a Sf, that Josh is a PF.

Only you and maybe one other guy...

Maybe Hoosier,,,

However, you're right.. it's a thinly veiled attempt to get at the truth...

and it does.

• Premium Member

Deester...

Other than Williams being in the poll because he's likely our choice, this poll has little to do with him.

This poll actually settles a lot of lies that are told on this board.

Regaurdless of how you may feel about Gay.

IN the absence of Marvin..

Many squawkers said that it would be best that we bypass the Sf and take a PF type. Even the one who you claim that only I have man love for got more first place votes than the true Sf of the bunch.

IN essence, most of the squawkers who voted said..

" Smoove is a Sf, not a PF".

I wish I could end the poll right now and let it stand, but I know others will vote now to try to erase the FACT that that's what was said!!

BUT..

That's what was said.

SMoove is a Sf not a PF.

So beyond the lies spoken on the board, their hearts said.. GIVE US A PF.

Diesel, I'm totally confused. The poll didn't state that to me because I must have mis-read it. I can only say that I think that Josh can play PF (doesn't mean he'd be Karl Malone). Williams may be a good pick for this team, I'm just not convinced that he is going to be "all that." You don't seem to like Marvin at all from what i read and I know he duplicates positions, but if we got Williams and re-signed AL, this would be asinine in my opinion because it does the same thing.

P.S.

I must say your intellect is dizzying!

Quote:

Regaurdless of how you may feel about Gay.

Isn't that a big part of it? I don't particularly like Gay. I wouldn't draft him top 5, no matter what my needs were. That doesn't have anything to do with Marvin, does it?

I don't think my draft board would change very much if you look at what I'd like now, in comparison with your fantasy scenario. With Paul as a Hawk, I'd be a lot less likely to take Roy, but that would be the only difference.

[quoteIsn't that a big part of it? I don't particularly like Gay. I wouldn't draft him top 5, no matter what my needs were. That doesn't have anything to do with Marvin, does it?

I agree completely. Gay screwed up this year with his attitude so despite his athleticism his stock dropped. Gay is not Marvin. They happen to play the same position - that's all.