• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft info from David Aldridge

KB21

Draft Info

The most surprising thing is that Chicago may have told LaMarcus Aldridge that they will take him with the second pick. Even though he doesn't fit the profile of the type of player Scott Skiles likes, he makes the most sense for the Bulls with his offensive ability.

Would the Hawks be willing to take Juwan Howard's ending contract and the 8th pick for the 5th pick? I'm wondering if Billy thinks Boston will take Shelden with the 7th pick if the Hawks move down.

Also, I wonder where Tyrus Thomas's floor in the draft is going to be. Is it possible that he could slip to the 9th or 10th pick if Minnesota or Houston don't pull the trigger? If Houston moves up, it could be for Brandon Roy and not Tyrus Thomas. Minnesota at 6 is rumored to be hot on Randy Foye, even though David Aldridge mentions Marcus Williams in this article. They could take Thomas at 6 though. At seven, I'm not even sure Boston is interested in Tyrus Thomas. They could go for either of the Williams, Shelden or Marcus, and I read something yesterday that said they were blown away by Ronnie Brewer's workout. That would leave the Hawks in position to take Shelden if he is available at the 8th pick, or they could go to Patrick O'Bryant if Shelden is off the board. The thoughts of getting O'Bryant scare the [censored] out of me though, because while he has good size and decent athleticism, I'm not sure he has the mentality to ever be a dominant big man in the NBA.

I'd go for it if that deal was on the table (luther head). Combo guard that could really help us. Not saying hes the savior but to move back 3 slots and get him would be a nice move. We could have some different looks in the backcourt pairing him up with chillz, jj and maybe even salim in some cases. He can shoot, pass and he did make all nba 2nd team rookie team. We could use all the help we can get.

And to pick up some sort of size at 8 whether thats shelden or obryant would be nice as well.

What do you think KB?

Im daydreaming over here but if we can come away with Head, Big man at #8 (Shelden, O'bryant, Simmons), and maybe someone in the 2nd round like Davis, Novak who can keep opposing big men honest with range beyond the arc (kinda like collier). Maybe an augustine who can run the floor and block shots and with some offensive skills. Or maybe someone like mardy collins (6'6 pg/sg) will slip and we could take him and play him off the bench will salim in the backcourt.

Im pretty excited guys what do you think?

Like I said earlier, I'm a little skeptical when it comes to Patrick O'Bryant. I can see the potential he has, but he gives off some serious Michael Olowokandi-type vibes. He's not ready to make a meaningful contribution in the NBA, and if he's drafted, it will be based upon what the team thinks he can become. This guy needs to be put with someone like Clifford Ray, who is the best big man coach in the NBA, IMO.

On one hand, Patrick O'Bryant brings the type of size and raw athletic skills you want in a center. On the other hand, he played in the Missouri Valley Conference against smaller players and was only able to averaged 13 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game. The biggest question with him is whether or not he is dedicated enough to become a dominant player.

Quote:

T-mac you ok with this?

Head

JJ

Marvin

Josh

ZaZa

Bench possibilites:

pick 8 (shelden, obryant, simmons?)

salim

childress

lue

batista

donta

edwards

(insert 2nd round pick in this list)

Ivey?

Grundy?

Id take it.

But add an S&T Al for another center like Magliore (or sign Nene) to the above..

mj

• Premium Member

Why would we want Luther Head. Luther Head = Salim with more playing time and maybe a better shot.

Redundancy is a killer.

Why would we want J. Howard. Juwan is past his prime twice. We're just here to help Houston now.. right?

• Moderators

Quote:

Why would we want Luther Head. Luther Head = Salim with more playing time and maybe a better shot.

Redundancy is a killer.

Why would we want J. Howard. Juwan is past his prime twice. We're just here to help Houston now.. right?

I totally agree about Juwon. He does nothing for this team and would be useless.

Head, however, doesn't have as good a shot as Salim but is bigger and better at everything else. If we are going to take someone and can get them at 8 then I would trade with Houston for 8 and Head.