• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft info from David Aldridge

KB21

By Steve "BskBALL" Kyler

for HOOPSWORLD.com

Jun 25, 2006, 14:32

NBA RUMOR MILL - HOOPSWORLD.com

The common phrase being said by player personnel executives is “value in the teens”, with more value being placed on the picks 10 through 20, than being placed on players likely going in the top 10. Word is as many as 6 of the top 10 picks are in play, and its expected as many as five teams will ultimately draft a player for another club, making Wednesday’s draft one of the more eventful drafts in recent years. The Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets, and The Miami Heat are all rumored to have consummated a handful of deals to insure they nab the player they covet, and do not be surprised to see one or two of them grab a player in the top portion of the draft.

THE FREE AGENCY PLAYERS: There are five teams with ample projected cap room (The Hawks – roughly $18 million to spend, The Bobcats - roughly $24 million to spend, The Hornets – roughly $17 million to spend, The Bulls – roughly $19 million to spend, and The Raptors – roughly $13 million ) these teams look to be the largest players in free agency, but their projected plans with the new cap room may surprise a lot of people. The Hawks are expected to let Al Harrington walk, and may be one of the suitors for Ben Wallace should he want to seriously look elsewhere. The Hawks need a point guard and Mike James may find his money in Atlanta. The Bobcats may have $24 million to spend, but given their financial status they may not be big spenders, despite having the ability to spend, even with MJ in town. The Cats have shown an openness to trading for a hefty contract, and that may be much more likely than seeing them ink a massive deal. The Hornets are in the same boat as Charlotte, they have the means to spend, just not necessarily the desire to spend. They will be active but they may come into the 2006-2007 season with room to spare. The Bulls will likely spend every nickel of their money, but it’s expected with the Bulls nabbing as many as three players from the draft, and having eyes for Al Harrington and Joel Przybilla the money is not going to go to one player, likely several players to give the Bulls the depth they desperately needed in the playoffs. The Raptors may not be players in free agency, they appear to be looking at absorbing contracts, rather than issuing them. The Raptors want another starting point guard and there is talk they would give up Morris Peterson to get the right player… The player could be Ray Allen… there is continued speculation that Bryan Colangelo would rather trade for a star, than overpay one to come to Canada.

Thanks for the post.

What are the issues, pros, and cons about letting Al walk verses S&T? Does it just hinge on weather there are any takers from teams he is willing to play for?

I know he can get more years / bigger contract from Hawks, but this writer says we will not get any thing for him?

mj

Quote:

What are the issues, pros, and cons about letting Al walk verses S&T? Does it just hinge on weather there are any takers from teams he is willing to play for?

I don't necessarily know the issues, pros or cons but if the Bulls are looking to pay three rookies plus two "names" then it may be in their best interest to complete a SnT with us, shifting a contracted player that they won't be utilizing for Harrington's and still possibly picking up Pryzbilla. Who are their untradables?

Well it looks like David Aldridge was on the right track with the houston atl thing according to draft express. I hope it materializes. Wonder what happends if ATL takes roy at 5 then someone jumps in before 8 and takes shelden. I wouldnt be mad but it would be nice if Head and Shelden could make it to ATL.

• Moderators

Quote:

Well it looks like David Aldridge was on the right track with the houston atl thing according to draft express. I hope it materializes. Wonder what happends if ATL takes roy at 5 then someone jumps in before 8 and takes shelden. I wouldnt be mad but it would be nice if Head and Shelden could make it to ATL.

DA was on the right track if he had bounced this off us and revised the trade to include Head instead of Howard. I can't imagine why we would want Howard as he had reported.