• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Absolutely disgusting to watch this TEAM? play....

Admin

As much as I like JT, he is not a PG. I am sorry but he is just far too indecisive. Maybe its the system, maybe its Lon, maybe its whatever, but he just cannot get us into an offense other than pass it to Big Dog or Reef. I hate when we play New Jersey because they are the epitome of what team basketball is, and we are the antithesis of team basketball. I am so sick and tired of watching this same crap every game, without a hint of improvement. How do we have 7-8 turnovers and a [censored] near double digit deficit through one quarter against a tired Nets team? Sickening!

Very sickening, this is starting to be a trend losing by 20. Im questioning now if this team i actually the worst coached team in the league? I believe so, because with the players the Hawks have we should be way over .500. I dont care if is early, they have had 1 full month of training camp and 1 full month into this season, and they have actually gotten worst than what we saw opening night. Bad bad team.

You know I was very happy when we first got

Big Dog...Heck I even blurted out a finals

appearance foolishly.But once the season started

I had a bad feeling this wouldn't go as hoped.

A change will come soon and it must be made

before it's too late.

Does it ever end now Dolfan is Beeaching about the team. We are 17 games into the season. Nobody has been arrested .. isnt that what you normally concern yourself with. Look if the Hawks are sorry after game say 60 then beeach all you want otherwise just chill out. Heck I even want to wait until the end of the season esp. if their has been adversity to evaluate Kruger. Patience. The Hawks dont pay for any of my houses or cars, or even buy me a meal; matter of fact they have never given me anything more than free entertainment so just Calm down. At a time like this I am sure you have better thing to worry about than JT's development.

" What you eat don't make me s-it" Jay Z Whatever happens to JT doesn't affect you.

I'll have more to say about this later but there is an important element missing from this team, CHEMISTRY. I have been reading all of the posts about what needs to happen and what should happen but when it comes down to it I don't think the players have coinfidence in each other. It seems like everyone is looking at everyone else to make plays instead of taking care of business themselves. It reflects throughout the league, teams lack fundamentals and the Hawks are no different. Until they begin to play with coinfidence and start to show coinfidence in each other they will continue to be a .500, borderline playoff team.

"Patience."

This is not a young team.Big Hog has been doing

the samethings as always and he is near 30...Patiences

for what?He to decided to box out and not turn the

ball over after 10 years?You think he is just going to

figure that out of a sudden?lol Hope you don't decide

to hold your breath.

You talk like the Hawks are the Chicago Bulls or a

young team with alot of potential.

"Heck I even want to wait until the end of the season esp."

Really?lol I just want the season to end.

I'm so glad you buncha overreacting spankers are'nt the GM of this team. Trade this guy, fire that guy.... after a month, a FUKKING MONTH!!!! They haven't even played but maybe 1/5 of the schedule, and the sky is falling? You guys are as bad as a bunch of d@mned women, I swear to God. From reading this board over the past couple of weeks you guys are acting like a bunch of five year olds throwing tantrums and ranting cause this team is only around .500. Christ, give me a break! OK, I'm done and out. later chumps.

I have NEVER seen a team with 4 All-Star caliber veteran starters look so horrible for so many games. We are 18 games into the season and they cant even run a play. Every other possession is a turnover and they get beat to almost every loose ball. If one of the big 3 has an off shooting night, we have almost no chance to win and there is no way that should be the case. I really am not sure where to put the blame right now though honestly. Terry doesnt have that natural PG instinct to find the right man to pass to most of the time and the majority of his bloated assist numbers come from having Big Dog hit jumpers coming off screens. I cant totally blame him though because he is the ONLY starting player that is capable of bringing the ball up the court. Its high time that Newble is replaced with an equal defensive caliber player (or close to it), but one who can also shoot the open J and even play some psuedo PG at times. The only 2 guys that I can think of that are even close to this description are Posey and Christie, but how likely are we to get either one? Thats the major problem with this team right now. We must get JT some help with the ball handling out there, which will allow Dog and Reef to just score and not worry about trying to make plays that usually end up being turnovers. The last bit of blame goes to Lon. Although I like him and I think he is a very good college level coach, I just dont think he has what it takes to make it in the pros. Not once this year or anytime in recent memory can I remember him getting a T fighting for one of his players or even being ejected. He shows no emotion as a coach and thats a major reason why the team appears to play with no emotion. Its a shame that we got rid of our best coach this offseason and are stuck with Lon, who I do not think is going to improve much. My final arguement is that I dont care if its 1 game into the season or the 82nd game, this group of veterans should not be playing so poorly, turning over the ball so much, and should not be getting outcoached and outhustled every night. They should not be 2nd in the league in turnovers. They should not be allowing 100ppg. IMO 2 things must be done in order to improve this team. Find a SG that can be a play maker and a defender, and replace Lon with an aggressive, hungry coach.

Seems that some are saying it's way too early to judge. If games 15 through 18 are bad, we should fix it at game 60?

I tend to think that if the 2nd quarter is bad, then it needs to be fixed in the 3rd quarter.

C'mon. These guys aren't even TRYING!!

Somebody used the word 'chemistry'. There must be a major disconnect on this team chemwise, and since it wasn't there last year, it must involve GRob. My guess? GRob and Shareef are oil and water and want nothin to do with each other.

But I'm just guessin.

• Premium Member

The only good team we beat was the Hornets. They are a bad road team. When we play against teams that have as many talented players as us, we get smoked. Do you think this will change overnight? Over weeks? Come on. What we are alluding to are coaching flaws. When the coaching flaws occur, it makes the whole team look bad.

Look at NJ. Scott has been coaching the same amount of time as Lon. NJ has undergone just as much changing as we have. Yet, they are a MUCH BETTER TEAM than we are... And that's discounting talent. Their teamwork is evident on offense and defense.

Look at Indy. Isiah has been coaching the same amount of time as Lon. Indy has undergone as much changing as we have. Yet, they are a MUCH BETTER TEAM than we are.... And that's discounting talent. Their teamwork is evident on offense and defense. AND many of you criticized Isiah at the beginning of the season.

Look at Phoenix.

Look at Detroit.

Must we go down the line. You guys offer Lon excuse after excuse. However, with the calibre of players that we have, we should have some semblence of organization on offense and defense. I'm tired of watching the Jason Terry one trick Pony show. I'm tired of watching teams knowing what we will do coming out of a timeout?

I think everyone is too blame...When Shareef and

Big Dog get doubled team NOBODY comes over to

give assistance....They stand around and watch.The

team is not properly prepaired for double teams,

rotating defenses and they don't box out.

Sure the team needs sometime to come together,however

this is the NBA and they should atleast be playing

NBA caliber ball...This isn't the YMCA.

I have called you racist because of every time you talk trash about white players and coaches. Not because they arent good players or coaches, but because you mention them as being white. You know you are as fake and as racist as they come so I am not even going to waste my time with you, as I have said.

When have I rated someone based on race? I have said some players get extra media attention, better press and ratings because of their race but that is it. Oh well, Cynthia McKinney said it best " The truth comes with time not words" Come next July when you echo everything I said this past summer I will just laugh.

PS

I will wait till later to laugh but I will say this Zeke is looking really bad .. huh? HA HA HA HA!

Lon. He is the coach of the team and that is enough said. If a player is not running the plays right he needs to be benched. If a player is not giving his all on defence he needs to be benched. If a player is not focused on making good passes he needs to be benched.

But I blame Lon because they don't know what to do out there. They have no on the court leadership and that comes from no one getting the role. The don't have an answer to the double team because they are not coached to know. The lack of roles, lack of play design, the lack of fire in the players a$$ is all a reflection of the lack of coaching. Lon needs to be fired and it is not because he is a bad guy but a bad NBA coach.