• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Gearon on 790 now..2:45

tmac13

Good interview? He offered the same drivel that he did all week on 680 and 790. They killed him during interviews during the week. He doesn't know, nor does the Spirit know the limitations placed on them by the judge. You aim to tell me they couldn't get that before they left the courtroom. That smells of ineptitude right there! Gearon..may love the franchises..but they have been turned into the Clampetts by the EVIL GENIUS...Belkin!

Yeah, every interview I hear there is alot of love for Zaza..Zaza offensively, for his age is very impressive..Defensively, he has along way to go but having AL(the matador)Harrington gone and getting any defense at all out of the point guard spot should help with that.

*Mike was giving glowing praise of Zaza Pachulia, comparing him favorably to Andrew Bogut. He also said that people around the league believe that Zaza was the biggest free agent steal of the past five years. They really like Zaza, so any thoughts some of you may have of them replacing him as a starter, I highly doubt that will happen.

*Mike said they have addressed their biggest free agent need by getting a fast, pass first point guard that can push the ball up the court. Mike said that it was Billy's belief that a young team like the Hawks needs a veteran point guard, not a rookie point guard. He also said that the only true point guard in the draft was Marcus Williams.

*Mike couldn't say anything on the court ruling because he could be in contempt of court if he talks about it.

Well, I would figure as lawyers and businessmen, they would be able to discern the exact spelling of the limitations. I understand they can't be in contempt, but saying we can do this according to what the judge says...is not contempt! Look it up.

Was a softball type pr thing, but Gearon is very honest.He basically wouldn't address the Harrington or Belkin situations..Made some good points about how good our young players are, and spent a large amount of time kissing BK's azz as always..He still seems very confidant the spirit will prevail in the end over Belkin..

Quote:

*Mike was giving glowing praise of Zaza Pachulia, comparing him favorably to Andrew Bogut. He also said that people around the league believe that Zaza was the biggest free agent steal of the past five years. They really like Zaza, so any thoughts some of you may have of them replacing him as a starter, I highly doubt that will happen.

*Mike said they have addressed their biggest free agent need by getting a fast, pass first point guard that can push the ball up the court. Mike said that it was Billy's belief that a young team like the Hawks needs a veteran point guard, not a rookie point guard. He also said that the only true point guard in the draft was Marcus Williams.

*Mike couldn't say anything on the court ruling because he could be in contempt of court if he talks about it.

Thanks! I know people on here get on Zaza a lot, but I love the way he plays. For a 21 year old, I think he has a pretty high ceiling. I think his offense is pretty good and he made some good srides passing. He's not selfish, and he looks like a caveman. He was certainly a steal.

.......giving Billy Knight about a 5 year extension. Based on the information we have available to us, the only restrictions that were put into place were player movement restrictions. I'd like to see the court fall out if Spirit decides to give Billy a 5 year extension.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

Billy Knight shouldn't be held accountable for the teams he inherited from other GM's. The team he inherited in Vancouver/Memphis was horribly put together, and up until recently, his two years there produced the two winningest seasons in that franchise's history. I'll also repeat that he was never really given a chance to succeed in Memphis, but I do believe that he laid the foundation for the relative success the Grizzlies have had under Jerry West.

In Atlanta, Billy not only inherited a poorly put together team. He came into a situation where he didn't know who the owners would be long term, and he didn't know if he would have the job past that year. It wasn't until his second season that he could really start to remake the Atlanta team the way he wanted, and he's only had two years where he has basically put his players into place.