• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Finally some good news!

HawkNJersey

Yeah it would, but I would assume if we traded for Iverson Lue and maybe even Chillz would be sent out since we are signing Claxton..I really don't think the Iverson rumors have any legs unless the owners and BK have all been blowing smoke for months..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

In essence, it's a 3 year deal.

Moreover, sure he's overpaid. But he's good at the one thing he does. He plays defense. I'm not suggesting that he's our starter. I'm saying that he's our defensive C.

Moreover, Look at what else comes with him. A 1st round pick.

When has GS not been a lottery team. If the pick is unconditional, this is a win for the Hawks period. We'd make Chicago raping NY look like a kiddie movie. Because GS is just destined to fail. Even if they get Al, insert him at Sf... They won't have the dollars to get a real C. Biedrins and Obryant are both weak. so you have a weak C with an undersized Pf.... That smells like teen spirit to me.

With the 2nd pick of the 2007 draft, the Atlanta Hawks select:

Will you be crying about Foyle's contract then?

Some people want Adonal Foyle? I didn't know that Isaiah Thomas posted on this board. We will have some players to re-sign in a couple of years and we want a big stiff who has one of the worst contracts in the league?

Actually, even Isaiah wouldn't do that...I want Ellis in the deal OR a 1st. We don't get both and were lucky if we get one of them.

Foyle sucks mule nuts.

• Premium Member

Look at all the long albatrose contracts that GS has on it's books right now.

Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy Jr.......

I understand that the Utah trade helped a little... But right now GS is stuck with big contracts and overpaid players. Al represents the best Sf that GS can get. And the only way that GS can get him is if they pay through the nose.

I would also like to add Ellis or Biedrins but I suspect we will end up with neither (or else the GS posters will blow a gasket). IMO we will likely end up with Jeff Foster and a 1st rounder in next year's draft (was BK still with Indy when Foster was drafted?). Indy might swing a three way trade with GS for Murphy or Dunleavy.

Quote:

Even at 3 years 27 million with a TO at the 4th year...

For one, it isn't that. And second, even at that it is horrible. We are talking about a 31 year old back-up center who has been on a steady decline. Have you even cared to look at his stats? Pathetic. They are Keon Clark without the offense. Go talk to anyone on the Warriors board, they all say he SUCKS.

Quote:

What difference does an average of 9 million per make if:

We get a good defensive BU at C.

We get a first round pick in the strongest draft probably since Wade's draft.

We get Monta Ellis as a BU SG..

Who is this good backup center we get?

Why do we need ANOTHER draft pick? We have enough young talent already.

Monta is good.

And have you even looked at next offseason's free agent list? 9 million kills any chance at getting a good FA next offseason. THAT is why it matters.

Say no to crack and say no to Foyle.

Good news indeed. Finally a ray of common sense (probably because Judge Judy was about to get reamed from several fronts, noticeably the players' unions). Even if he had made a sound ruling on the stay order, the legal events would be unreasonably complicated with such a narrow provision.

On the player front--I hate Foyle's contract so much that the Wariors would have to give a fantastic chip, like Ellis or an unprotected draft pick. I don't see any of that happening so I'll be patient and see how events go. I expect things to go pretty fast (by end of week) no matter which direction is taken.

I really would be interested in a multi-team deal. No one can predict those things and they are usually really hard to put together, but that seems the best option here.

Quote:

I'd be happy with Foyle, Monta Ellis, and GS unconditional first next year.

That'd be a good deal for us.

I wouldn't jump up and down with joy, but I could live with it with the pick being included.

Question: how much salary can we take back? Hoopshype has us at 32 mil before the rookies and claxton.

Without lookin anything up, I believe the rookies add roughly 3 million. Speedy was around 6 mil I think. If so that takes us to 41. Adding the GS people would add about 9 million, so 51 milion. Do we know where the cap will be, or is expected to be? I'm just curious as far as what our limit is.

• Moderators

Quote:

Good news indeed. Finally a ray of common sense (probably because Judge Judy was about to get reamed from several fronts, noticeably the players' unions). Even if he had made a sound ruling on the stay order, the legal events would be unreasonably complicated with such a narrow provision.

The article says that this was done based on joint application of all the parties to the case. That means Belkin agreed to these new guidelines and that he proposed them jointly with the Spirit Group. That is why the change was made.

Gotta give Belkin some credit on this one for doing something good for the franchise for once.

I want no part of Foyle. He is nothing on offense, and his contract is absolutely hysterical. He's 31 and pretty much useless IMO. Although I will say he is a great guy and very charitable.

Ellis played more than anyone would have predicted he would after coming out of high school. He demonstrated an ability to score with a decent handle. He appears to be capable of growing into a very capable scoring combo 1/2. I believe it has been reported that BK took a long look at him prior to last year's draft and may have made some trade overtures about him on draft night.

In what little of saw of him I would say he is more athletic than Salim and is more of an overall scorer than just a shooter like Salim. He also is taller than Salim (he may still be growing) and appears to have a much better handle despite being considerably younger than Salim. He could turn out to be somewhat similar to JT in skills.

I get the feeling that we get Pietrus in the deal because AL says that GS wants him at SF. Richardson is penciled in at the #2 and that leaves Pietrus out...I wonder if this trade might include Childress as well...and maybe a 3-way. We have a jam at the SF position and CHILL is not a great option at the #2 spot...despite what some here want to think. BK is real good at getting talent but not getting together a real team. It could look like this...I know salaries don't mesh but this deal could be bigger than we all believe to help both teams out of tight spots.

Pietrus

Ellis

for

AL

CHill

Chill doesn't mind being the 6th man but he doesn't want to be stuck behind two guys and being forced to play the 2 just because we need to squeeze him onto the court. Pietrus is more suited to playing the two because of his skills than Chill.