• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dec. 19 is approaching quickly!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Lon should be fired on Dec. 19th. The team's main problems are getting worse and it's time for us to get a coach who can do more with what we have.

When we were a team in need of Development, Lon was a fine coach to have. He has experience in taking players from the HS level to the college level in less than 4 yrs. HOWEVER.. Look at our team. Terry, Glover, and Ira are our YOUNGEST players and even they are considered Vets NOW.

We are a VET team and we have a different philosopher. NO longer do we need someone who is here merely for developmental reasons, we need someone who knows how to win. For example. IN Phil's 12 yrs of coaching, how many players has he developed? Let me also remind you that Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq had all been allstars before meeting Phil. In fact, how many times did Phil trade a young player away like Corey Blunt or Scott Williams in order to get a vet like Rodman, Sally, or Brian Shaw in their place? Think about it. We are in the need of the same type of coaching if we want to be a championship contender. All that Lon could possibly do is waste the careers of Big Dog, Theo, and SAR while developing young players like Newble, DJ, and Dion for other teams to take advantage of.

little league or a REC LEAGUE, i rather have KRUGER as our coach than Phil Jackson.

haha, can u guys imagine Jackson teaching his 6 year old players the complicated TRIANGLE OFFENSE? lol...

but the truth is that THE HAWKS are fully developed (the players at least) and we need some help. suppose JACKSON coached our team and the results were similar.... than it wasnt KRUGERS fault at all.

but forget JACKSON, hes already coaching a different team...

who on earth could we get to coach this team? NIQUE?

We need somebody to come in and make these guys play hard every night and Defense. Come on guys dont you all see the picture, we could of easily beaten Detroit last night is just that we werent playing with intensity and gave up too many easy buckets. Kruger is a good teacher, but thats all, what we need is a coach.......someone with experience and fire. This teams needs a different type of offense, because all we know how to do is pick and rolls and post up Theo or Reef......we are only getting away with some wins because of our big 3 offensive weapons. We need a coach that will put fire in these guys eyes and come in and kick some a$$, because we very well know we have the best starting 5 in the East.

• Admin

we are a good team in almost every catagory except turnovers. As long as the turnovers decrease we will be fine.

I know you don't like it. I dont' like some of Lons moves either. But the stats simply don't lie. We are an excellent offensive team and a decent defensive one, provided we cut down on the TO's.

I'm sure you will point at the turnovers, blame them on coaching and demand he be fired. despite the stellar offensive stats we put up. but that doesn't suprise me. You wouldn't give him any credit for the offensive goodness either. heh.

Its not all Lon. The players, particularly JT and Big Dog, bear a large responsibility for the inconsistent play of this team. When the defensive intensity is not where it needs to be, more often than not, JT and/or Big Dog are not holding up their end of the bargain. When we are turning the ball over too much, more often than not, Big Dog and/or JT have the majority of the turnovers. I think they are both terrific players and I wouldn't trade either of them but until they both suck it up and make the necessary adjustments in their approach to the game, we are going to play well when they play well and poorly when they don't. They need to bring a consistent effort every night whether we are on the road or at home and that is simply not happening. I hope they bring it tonight.

Last night's loss was not on Lon. The loss was about lack of effort, particularly on the part of JT and Dog. I don't think JT realizes that he isn't playing as hard as he can all the time. I still think hre is learning how hard you have to play and how focused you have to be on both ends of the floor. I think Big Dog knows better however because he can turn it up a notch whenever he puts his mind to it. Hopefully, they will both get better at bringing a consistent effort every night as the season goes along.

Right on the money.

I would add that if you're going to have Reef and Dog at forward and JT at the point, your 2 has to be able to handle the basketball - and Ira, an excellent swingman, simply isn't that guy.

We have the finishers, but we don't have enough initiator/ballhandlers on the floor. Without a trade, the only hope we have is if Dion brings enough consistent defensive intensity that Lon will start him and play him 30-34 mpg.