• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves take St. Louis behind the woodshed

CBAreject

Quote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260717124

Wow, this was nice. I haven't seen the Braves stick it in a good team like that in couple of years.

St.Louis is NOT a good team. But the best the Braves have beaten in a while. It's sad, but the NL deserves the same treatment that the east got a few years ago in the NBA.

Quote:

....the Braves have the Mets in their sights right now. Don't think for one minute that the Mets aren't looking at the Braves run right now and thinking that they cannot go on a slide.

They won 6 in a row and still are under .500 and still are double digits behind the Mets. Good optimism, but I highly doubt the Mets are concerned at this point.

Quote:

Quote:

....the Braves have the Mets in their sights right now. Don't think for one minute that the Mets aren't looking at the Braves run right now and thinking that they cannot go on a slide.

They won 6 in a row and still are under .500 and still are double digits behind the Mets. Good optimism, but I highly doubt the Mets are concerned at this point.

The Mets #1 concern should be their health. The Braves play them 9 more times. ANYTHING is possible.

The Braves mashed the Cardinals again, 14-5. Chipper extended his hitting streak to 18 games and hit a home run. His average is up to .338 now, and he has 15 home runs on the year.

Andruw hit 2 home runs and is now hitting .283 with 24 home runs.

Brian McCann hit another home run and has his average up to .351 with 10 home runs.

Adam LaRoche hit another home run and now has 17 on the year. He's also brought his batting average up above .270.

Wilson Betemit continues his progression as well.

I would love to see you guys make a run at the Mets. Its very unlikely but hopefully you can put a scare into them atleast and make them sweat alittle. Man I hate the Mets..

Poo.... a couple weeks ago in my fantasy league, someone had offered me Chipper for Ivan Rodriguez. This was before Chipper became God, when he was just a mere mortal, so I declined. I'm hitting myself over the head now because McCann was still on the waiver wire back then, free to be picked up by anyone, so I could have just swooped in and nabbed McCann while trading for Chipper. mad.gif

Quote:

I would love to see you guys make a run at the Mets. Its very unlikely but hopefully you can put a scare into them atleast and make them sweat alittle. Man I hate the Mets..

The problem is that if the Braves fall... They'll fall hard.

Not trying to jinx anybody... But it seems that's how the Braves work. July is a Braves hot month. Middle of August and of course September are key.

Quote:

Quote:

The problem is that if the Braves fall... They'll fall hard.

Not trying to jinx anybody... But it seems that's how the Braves work. July is a Braves hot month. Middle of August and of course September are key.

Head to head matchups will be very key. 9 games left vs mets. I say we need to take 6-7 of those 9 to have a chance.