• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Thoughts...

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. If Belkin wants Iverson, then BK would do everything he can to make sure that Iverson is never a Hawk.

But why is Iverson whereing Atlanta stuff and moving his family to Atlanta? Maybe David Stern will decide to give Atlanta 2 basketball franchises... It can be like the Jets and the Giants. Belkin's Atlanta Franchise can play out of Gwinnett County!

2. If Al were going to INDY What ham and egger would we have to take back.

Does AL really think that Indy (as they are right now) have that much better of shot getting to the playoffs than we do?

Well, maybe.

3. If Al were going to GS, what third team would want Troy Murphy? I think I read that Philly wanted him. It would be nice to send Murphy to Philly and Atlanta gets Pietrus/Dalembert!

4. If we resigned Al, does Esteban become our Backup C. At 6'11" 250, shouldn't he be our BU C anyway??

Quote:

Maybe David Stern will decide to give Atlanta 2 basketball franchises... It can be like the Jets and the Giants. Belkin's Atlanta Franchise can play out of Gwinnett County!

Diesel, you are like Sergei Bubka, the Vaulter who kept breaking his own record. Your imagination is not constrained by reality.

• Premium Member

That would be a cool solution.

Unfortunately, neither set of owners could come up with the money to support the franchise on their own. But if they did...

Belk's group could play out of Gwinnett for a year and then Next year, they move to Las Vegas...

I am not going to split hairs as far ATL vs Indy.

Atlanta has great young nucleus, promising talent.

Numerous teams would love to have the prospects and upside that the Hawks have.

However if the Pacers don't make the Playoffs for the second time in 17 years , that's a story. Atl does not this year, that's not exactly unexpected.

Is Indiana going to Contend for a title this year, unlikely at this point, but you really can't count out a team that knows what it takes to make it to the playoffs even when a number of starters are out half the season or more, back to back seasons. Now of course this is a new team to some degree there is a bit of unknown, and Atl is in a weaker division but I would grant that most unbiased spectators would say Indiana still has a better chance of being viable This season.. No knock on ATL and it's young Talent. They are going to surprise some people, but it usually take's a few years of banging on the door before you get in. Take Washington and Cleveland for example.

That said I wish you guys all the luck in the world, and will enjoy watching your team this year..

• Premium Member

I think there's a fall out in Indy.

Tinsley, Jackson are going to be somewhat unhappy if they have to stay. I like Granger, I like JO... but I got the feeling that between now and midseason, JO will be moved. The question is will that stop Indy from making the playoffs.

Indy has been lucky in that they have not had to fight for a playoff spot in all those years you mentioned.

Now with the Bulls, Wizards, Heat, Magic, Bucks, Cavs, Nets, and Pistons all being competitive, it means that space if very limited. What a time for a fall out...

This season will be very interesting.

Quote:

I think there's a fall out in Indy.

Tinsley, Jackson are going to be somewhat unhappy if they have to stay. I like Granger, I like JO... but I got the feeling that between now and midseason, JO will be moved. The question is will that stop Indy from making the playoffs.

Indy has been lucky in that they have not had to fight for a playoff spot in all those years you mentioned.

Now with the Bulls, Wizards, Heat, Magic, Bucks, Cavs, Nets, and Pistons all being competitive, it means that space if very limited. What a time for a fall out...

This season will be very interesting.

Some good points there , and yes there is some unkown.

Now keep in mind the last two years the Pacers did have to contend for a playoff spot late last year it was no given..

I can tell you this much. The Pacers have said there will be at least a few more moves this offeason. You can bet Jax and Tinsley will at least be shopped that much is true.

They are not happy with either's performance, attitude and or health.

Now before the offseason and even early into the offseason,there were some rumors. Larry Bird said emphatically, JO is going nowhere.

JO said he will be year THIS year, and was assured by mgmt of that, right aftr the offseason.

It's basically understood that JO and Carlisle will be hear this year, but next is really anyone's guess.

Hence the reason to look at bringing it Al or Bonzi, JO's good friends. Now no one is safe , but based on all that I have heard and know, JO is not going anywhere this season.

So what you have is Marquis Daniels Orien Green and James White are now in the backcourt to help..

Tinsley, AJ or Sarunas is gone, could very well be two of those out, Jax will be shopped as well to aquire some Veteran PG and Pure shooter talent.

James White has impressed and will help at the 1 and 2 spot. JO is losing about 15lbs and will look to be more aggresive this year.

Granger is going to try and play some guard but may primarlily the 3. The team is looking for him to fill a Pippen like role in the new faster paced style.

Harrington if aquired will play the 4. You then have Harrison and Foster if he is here along with Shawne Williams and whoever else is aquired to help upfront off the bench.

So you never know what a season holds. but I can tell you the fallout was the last two years, DW and Larry Bird said they are very unhappy and will be re-storing the team you see now as it stands. So yes should be interesting to see the season unfold.. you never know..

I still think that Indiana has the best possible deal on the table if they are including Jeff Foster and a 1st round pick in 2007. Jeff Foster is an incredible bargain for his production, especially as a rebounder. He's a player that can give the Hawks very good depth at both post positions.

The first round pick obviously puts Atlanta back into the draft next year and may give them an opportunity to get a guy like Ronald Steele to be Speedy's understudy.

I'd like to see the Hawks and Pacers work something out. It may take the Hawks getting Jonathen Bender's retired contract in the process, but that contract comes off the books after this year.