• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best deal might be for Ai?

Diesel

• Premium Member

AI wants it.

He's wearing Atlanta stuff all over the place. I saw him in the airport wearing a Lennox Square Mall Shirt holding a Walter's bag filled with peaches reciting "I have a dream" to anyone who would listen.....

Remember, I'm the inside man.

I think we'd have to trade AL (9.25 million), Lue (3.5 million), and Childress (2.8 million).

But what we get is a bonafide superstar for the next 3 years.

AI/Speedy/Grundy

JJ/Salim

Smoove/Marvin

Shelden/Solomon

Zaza/Esteban/Edwards

• Premium Member

Well, in 3 yrs time, we will be a playoff team, our young guys will have playoff expierence. Our team would have had national attention and our fanbase will be stronger.

My recommendation at that time would be this:

1. Resign our young players.

2. Use our draft picks to pick up a SG/C.

3. Let Ai walk...

We would have a strong forward core, we would be setting the table for our next acquisitions which would be SGs to replace JJ and a C to replace Zaza.

Hopefully in the three years that we were competitive towards something other than a 9 year plan to nowhere, we would have learned how to develop players, balance assets.

What we can't do KB is continue to fiddle around drafting and reproducing players we already have without increasing the value of the franchise. Getting Ai is a move that will increase the value of the franchise weather you like it or not. Again, Ai can do things for our team that another no name young player cannot.

If Marvin is the player that you would give your left nut for, then three years from now, he will be ready to take over and be the man. IF JSmoove and JChillz are the players that you claim and the BK picks that you love.. in three years, they will be at the point in their career where they can do some Chauncey Billup like play and get this franchise somewhere other than the laughing stock of the league.

I agree. Under no circumstances should we trade MW or Smoove for AI. If we were able to trade Al + Lue and probably Chillz for AI then we do that all day long. It seems like we would get an allstar PG who would make this team interesting (finally). All we would lose would be a player we will not keep anyway (Al) + 2 backups. Sounds like a plan to me.

and what Dr Bruce neglects to point out is that AI's contract will become major S&T bait in year 3 if need be.

we have to sign a bigtime FA in here before we pick up the new contracts of Marvin and Smoove if the ownership is willing to spend the money.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That would be a terrific deal but I don't think we're getting AI unless Smoove or Marvin are in the package and I wouldn't give up either one for him.

Al, Chill, and SW for Iverson?

Al is worth a conditiønal 1st rd pick to us, Chill is a good 6th man, and SW (gulp) is a short big (not too much upside there no matter how you look at it).

I'd be d@mn sure to pay David Anderson to come over if I did.

Point? The Chill, Al deals are entirely unrealistic. Add SW and it might not be. Then it becomes interesting.

AI/Grundy

JJ/Donta

MW/?

JS/Batista

Anderson/ZaZa

As you can see the bench would be thin. With our ownership situation and the verdict, assuming such a deal could even be accomplished, doubtful we could build a bench in time. Still, you have to have a top notch superstar to justify people out of position IMO, but AI might still be one of them.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Wouldn't touch it Walter. We need Shelden regardless if he was worth the #5 pick or not. If BK and Woody thought AI could fit here than I'd be ok with Al/Lue/Chill but not + Shelden.

With a guaranteed signing of Anderson I would. I can see either side on this issue as I see AI having both the capacity to take us to a title game or if not be traded in the last year of his contract OR slow down the development of others (none of whom appear capable of as good as AI is even now). I see SW and Chill as very good role players and AL as already gone. That's worth a superstar with hangups to me if we could fill the bench.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Wouldn't touch it Walter. We need Shelden regardless if he was worth the #5 pick or not. If BK and Woody thought AI could fit here than I'd be ok with Al/Lue/Chill but not + Shelden.

With a guaranteed signing of Anderson I would. I can see either side on this issue as I see AI having both the capacity to take us to a title game or if not be traded in the last year of his contract OR slow down the development of others (none of whom appear capable of as good as AI is even now). I see SW and Chill as very good role players and AL as already gone. That's worth a superstar with hangups to me if we could fill the bench.

W

True but we need all the bigs we can get. Shelden is going to be much more valuable to us then Chillz. We are stocked at his spot

Quote:

Quote:

W

too much player juggling.

even the Childress nuthuggers have to admit he's the obvious piece if one is to be moved.

Quote:

Why Philly deal AI for Al, Chillz, and Lue? This would be their lineup

Lue/Williams

Iggy/Chillz

Big Al/Carney/Korver/Jones

Webber/Randolf

Dalembert

If I were Philly I would want bigs, guards that can handle, and/or picks.

1. Lue is a guard that can handle

2. Al is a big.

3. They don't need a center because they have Dalembert/Steven Jackson

You also have to keep in mind that not only would we be getting AI, but we'd also be getting his entire 50 person entourage. It goes without saying that the entourage is just part and parcel of the whole deal, so given that- do the Hawks have room for an entourage that large? wink.gif

• Premium Member

Looking through Philly's mirror..

They have one reason for trading...

Gaining assets.

I'm sure that Philly doesn't see Webber as their longterm solution to anything. IN fact, if they could get his salary off the books sooner rather than Later, they would.

However, their new core after the trade is:

Louis, Iggy, Chillz, Al, Dalembert.

Of course they have Carney and of course they have Randolph and each player is a good young player... but each player is equally unproven. If Philly likes they can choose to trade Al or trade Chillz or trade other players. They are in the same business we are in, the collection of tradable players. What they have right now is Ai and Webber.. Two big contract players that are not easily movable.

If we offered, Al, Lue, and chillz, I can imagine that they would be fairly interested... if for no other reason, to get a hold of our 2nd leading scorer and one of our young forwards.