Chad Ford - Hawks Summer League Review

AHF

Quote:

subtract al = 5 wins

add speedy = 5 wins

add shelden = 2 wins

no 2-16 start due to teammate death (hopefully) = 5 wins

random stuff = 3 losses

5+5+2+5-3=14 more wins + 26 last year = 41 wins this year or 50%!

You made an error in your math. Subracting al is 5 losses and so is the random stuff which I'd say is games that the refs screw us in. Those 8 losses you accidentally added to the win total.

What you're supposed to do is subtract them from the gains. The gains are speedy, Shelden, and avoiding the 2-16 start which I forgot all about. You could aslo say everyone getting more experience is 5 more wins.

So 5 more wins with Speedy + 5 more wins w/ experience + 5 more wins w/ better start + 2 more wins with Shelden = 17

Subtract the 8 losses and that's 9 more wins.

That puts us at 35-47. I think that sounds about right. Then we add another 9 wins next season and we are a playoff team.

Quote:

"I was high on Shelden before the draft," one NBA executive at the Rocky Mountain Revue told Insider.

"But after watching him here I have to say that I think I was wrong. I never want to read too much into the summer league, but every one of Shelden's weaknesses looked glaring here. I'm not sure he'll overcome them. That's not fair, but he's not going to grow or get more athletic and that was what was holding him back. I don't think he has the craftiness in his game to overcome those shortcomings."

What's an NBA executive ??? I wouldn't trust what an "executive" says. Anyway, whoever this guy is probably watched the first gane or two and made his "expert" opinion based on them.

Quote:

Quote:

"I was high on Shelden before the draft," one NBA executive at the Rocky Mountain Revue told Insider.

"But after watching him here I have to say that I think I was wrong. I never want to read too much into the summer league, but every one of Shelden's weaknesses looked glaring here. I'm not sure he'll overcome them. That's not fair, but he's not going to grow or get more athletic and that was what was holding him back. I don't think he has the craftiness in his game to overcome those shortcomings."

What's an NBA executive ??? I wouldn't trust what an "executive" says. Anyway, whoever this guy is probably watched the first gane or two and made his "expert" opinion based on them.

It's probably Belkin!!

Quote:

Quote:

It was probably *former* quasi-executive M.L. Carr, or even worse Lord Belkin.

If Marvin is considered to be a better player than Chris Paul 5 years from now, he will be an All Star and likely a top 15 player in the NBA. How can you say that taking a guy like that is a mistake? I don't know that I agree that Marvin will be considered better than Paul in 5 years but if he is, he is going to be one hell of a player because Paul could be the best PG in the game by then.

• Moderators

Chad still won't admit (at least in an honest way) that Darko was a mistake for the Pistons. I don't see him backtracking on his "Marvin is the best player but Paul was the best pick for the Hawks" line until either Paul proves himself the better player in the long-term or Marvin is so good that it is clear he is more valuable than Paul to a team that would otherwise have resigned Al Harrington.