• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should Reggie Bush Hold Out?

Diesel

Because when you're talking about a few million, on your FIRST contract, when you're ALREADY going to be getting 20+ million guaranteed, I don't think he should have any need to be greedy. Imagine what NO fans could say when they're struggling to get back on their feet and they see Bush holding out for MORE money.

I agree that he should get paid more than the #3 pick and yes, he's more talented that the #1 pick. But he WAS the #2 pick, plain and simple.

I hear you. But it's not Bush's job to approach getting paid with sympathy for a situation he has no control over like what has happened in NO or the fact that he was taken number 2 behind a lower-profile position and player. If owners are going to issue insane amounts of money to players, then the player should fight for as much as he can possibly get. I hate how contracts just keep getting more bloated as time goes by. I do, however, think this is an issue that is going to have to be addressed somehow in sports as a whole or we're going to have more and more strikes. It's a big mess.

• Admin

simply becuase he could be a meaningless player. Running backs are, IMO, not worthy of massive contracts anymore and despite all the hype, nobody knows if he'll be a great back. He will get paid though and NO should pay him. They can't afford to not. He's smart for holding out though. Simply because he doesn't know what his future holds either. So if you can hold out and get more, do it.

No, he didn't have control over the mess in NO, but he DOES have control over what he tells his agent to do. Again, if the guy is an aging vet then I can see trying to get paid one last time. But Bush already has 5+ million in endorsement money and he was wanting to hold out?

I guess I can understand that he's more skilled and probably a bigger difference maker than Mario Williams is or will be, but that hasn't been proven in the pros yet. What has been proven though, is that Williams went #1 and not Bush.