• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just imaging the Hawks as the new Defensive kings.

Diesel

Could it really be that the Hawks are going to try and trade for Dalembert? It is known that BK loves Dally's athleticism. Since it seems Mags is gone to Portland, the only other C I can think of is Mihm, which makes sense with a Lue for Mihm deal. I just wish this whole Al and mystery big pursuit would come to fruition. Damn the waiting!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dalembert 13 minutes, 5 rebs, 0 blocks. 76ers won.

He had 3 rebounds in that game. And by the way, in the 1st game when Dalembert had 11 rebounds and 2 block shots, John Edwards was our starting center. Zaza missed the game with back spasms. In the second meeting Zaza came back and lit him up for 23 points 6 rebounds and 6 assist. In all 3 contest the hawks averaged 105 ppg against philly with no point guard and no center. So again, how does he improve our defense?

Guest Walter

Quote:

I say we wait on using our cap until next offseason and make a real run at Kirk Hinrich and Chris Kaman. Imagine what those two could do on this team.

I wanted Magliore for a year to see if he was right for the job, but I like your plan. BK should have long-term filled one of our C and Pg roles within the past 2 drafts or offseasons and hasn't, though, I'm not sure he has the political will so to speak to carry through with what it takes to complete a team. Aside from his philosophy, he's too hard for other GMs to work with, doesn't draft all that well - making just enough mistakes to hold a team back, and isn't a FA charmer.

Both Kirk and Kaman are restricted FAs. Could not afford both without trading away most of our core.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I say we wait on using our cap until next offseason and make a real run at Kirk Hinrich and Chris Kaman. Imagine what those two could do on this team.

Chris Kaman sucks! Hinrich is a pipe dream!

You might want to start actually watching basketball outside of the Hawks if you think Kaman "sucks". He's exactly the kind of young big man that can score in the post, rebound, block and plays with energy that every team would love to have.

Both he and Hinrich are on teams that have stated they will not pay the luxury tax. Both of them are already being talked about as "test cases" for both teams to play "tough" with them and get them to sign for less because of the other players soon to be up for extensions.

I don't think either Chicago or the Clips would offer them 10 million per, why not go for the gusto and aggressively recruit them next offseason? Hinrich is one of the best young point guards in the league and Kaman would be great in the middle for years in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You might want to start actually watching basketball outside of the Hawks if you think Kaman "sucks". He's exactly the kind of young big man that can score in the post, rebound, block and plays with energy that every team would love to have.

I watched him play against Boris Diaw in the playoffs and he couldn't score against him. His numbers are O.k. at 11.9 ppg 9.6 rpg, 1.3 bpg but he turns it over 2.6 times per game. Is this a guy you want to give a max contract to? I wouldn't! I guess if people are considering giving Chris Wilcox or Dalembert $10 Mil per season its O.K. to give a mediocre player a max deals. Of course many of us have cried over giving a deserving player like Joe Johnson the same max deal. Can't make sense of this MB

• Premium Member

Those numbers are 12/10 playing alongside the second best low post scorer in the NBA with Brand who also is a fierce rebounder.

Imagine him on Atlanta where he'd be able to get almost all the low post shots and have no one else to really compete against with rebounds. He could easily get 14-16 points and 10-12 boards a game. He also has the lower body strength to hold his position in the paint and he can block some shots. He is an energy guy who can elevate his game. Look at his career numbers and his play (if you've seen him); its an upward progression every season.

What other young center in the NBA is going to be available (possibly) that can rival that? I can't think of one. Certainly not one that we can actually GET on this team.

We can't keep holding cap space for some kind of Superduper Can't Miss Superstar to take it. Those guys almost never leave their own teams and let's face it, they won't be knocking the doors down wanting to come on this team.

Diesel sometimes you come across as semi-intelligent then other times you come up with crap like this. I am really starting to believe that you make posts just to get attention. Why in the [censored] would we want Dalembert and he lost his damn starting spot to Steven Hunter. The guy sucks plain and simple, but you figure that he would comne here and be some kind of defensivie monster. As for those stats, who didn't have career highs against us. Dalembert makes too much money for the production. Oh let me guess, you would be willing to trade Marvin for Dalembert straight up? Damn man get a grip. If he is such a defensive monster why didn't Philly do well with him. I just don't understand some of you guys on this board. I was playing NBA 2K6 on Xbox Live against a guy form Philly and he stated that Dalembert is alot worse than people realize. He stated that he is just lost out there and is turnover prone and that he was only fit for spot-up duty. He stated that the local media is all over the organization for giving him that money. He stated that the excuse that the organization makes for him is the fact that he didn't start playing basketball until he was 15 years old or something like that and that he needs some more time. Dalembert=Keon Clark