• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody notice, we don't start in the west!!!!

swolehawk2

2006-07 HAWKS SCHEDULE

——————————

NOVEMBER

1 at Philadelphia

3 vs New York

5 vs. Orlando

7 at Cleveland

10 at Toronto

11 vs. Seattle

14 vs. Milwaukee

18 vs. Miami

22 at Detroit

24 vs. Toronto

25 at Orlando

28 at Washington

29 vs. Charlotte

——————————

DECEMBER

1 vs. Cleveland

3 at Portland

5 at Seattle

6 at Denver

8 at L.A. Lakers

10 at Sacramento

12 vs. Denver

13 at New York

15 at Memphis

16 vs. Chicago

20 vs. Utah

22 vs. Indiana

23 at Detroit

27 vs. Cleveland

29 at Houston

31 at San Antonio

——————————

JANUARY

5 at Toronto

6 vs. L.A. Clipper

9 at Indiana

10 vs. NO/Okla. City

12 vs. Detroit

15 vs. Boston

17 at Minnesota

19 vs. Charlotte

20 at Chicago

24 at Boston

26 at Orlando

27 vs. Philadelphia

29 vs. Orlando

31 vs. Golden State

——————————

FEBRUARY

2 vs. Toronto

4 at New Jersey

5 vs. L.A. Lakers

7 vs. New Jersey

9 at Phoenix

11 at Golden State

12 at Utah

14 at L.A. Clippers

20 at Chicago

21 vs. San Antonio

23 vs. Houston

25 vs. Phoenix

26 at Dallas

28 at N.O./Okla. City

——————————

MARCH

2 at Washington

3 vs. New York

5 at Miami

7 vs. Washington

9 vs. Memphis

10 vs. Minnesota

13 vs. Philadelphia

14 at Boston

17 at Indiana

19 vs. Sacramento

21 vs. Miami

23 vs. Portland

25 vs. Dallas

26 at Miami

28 at Charlotte

——————————

APRIL

1 vs. Chicago

4 at New Jersey

6 vs. Milwaukee

8 at Philadelphia

10 vs. Boston

13 vs. Washington

14 at Cleveland

16 at Milwaukee

17 vs. Indiana

-– Times to be announced

Great news! Finally, we get an easier schedule at the beginning. And I am also excited its going to be on a Friday, that way I will be able to make it down. When was the last time we actually won a home opener? If we don't do it this year against the Knicks I will be pissed.

I love it. We might not have a winning record after the first 10-15 games BUT we won't be far under .500 either. 2-16 is too much of a hole and we won't see anything like that this year. We'll start out mediocre (instead of plain bad) and improve throughout the season to maybe compete for the 8th spot. We need '2' more bigs IMO. If we can get Lorenzen Wright for cheap on top of whoever this 'good' mystery player is. I'm willing to move Lue, Salim and/or Batista for this player. Unless he is a starter quality C which I'd throw in a 2nd. So maybe Lue for either Chris Mihm or Steven Hunter. Is that fair? Does that give us enough depth up front? I know Mihm is soft inside and Hunter lacks any offensive game and his build is a little slight. He obviously has more agility than Mihm however.

Claxton / Lue / Salim

Johnson / Childress

MWilliams / Childress

Smith / SWilliams / Batista

Pachulia / Wright

+ 1 more in trade

looks good to me! most likely i'll be there in philly for the season opener getting pelted with greasy cheesesteaks. i went to both hawks games in philly last season and never got so much (negative) attention in my life! i think there was a total of 4 hawks fans there including me.

only 1 west coast game in november is nice, but that gives us 5 in a row in december. still, better than past few years.

Quote:

I'll be to the game here in Philly, Plastic....any idea where you will be sitting?

not sure. i wanna sit near our bench but i gotta check prices. last game i got tix on ebay; they were near the front of sec. 120. they were nice except the 6er fan in front of me took it personal EVERY time i cheered for us.

We've been bad but we are DEFINITELY on the upswing...

2002-03: Terry | Glover | Robinson | Abdur-Rahim | Ratliff = 35-47

2003-04: Terry | Diaw | Jackson | Abdur-Rahim | Ratliff = 28-54

2004-05: Lue | Smith | Harrington | Walker | Collier (RIP) = 13-69

2005-06: Ivey | Johnson | Smith | Harrington | Pachulia = 26-56

2006-07: Claxton | Johnson | Smith | Williams' | Pachulia = 38-44

We're back to where our standings were in 02-03 only now we have the talent to move forward instead of, well, you know... Looking forward to a great season of more improvement.

Quote:

November = 6-7

December = 7-9

January = 8-6

February = 6-8

March = 7-9

April = 4-5

Season = 38-44 (more [44-38] or less [34-48])

Good stuff. I agree with the original record, and am hoping for the lesser prediction. Replacing Harrington, your second leading scorer and best rebounder, with the bust of the draft- Sheldon Williams will keep you guys out of contention for a playoff spot this year.

I like Duke, but Williams is just too slow and small to be a big man in the NBA. The worst top 5 pick since Kwame Brown.

• Moderators

Quote:

Replacing Harrington, your second leading scorer and best rebounder

How in the world was Harrington our best rebounder?

He was third on the team in total rebounds and fifth on the team in rebounds per minute.

Good analysis Phoenix. Stop trolling and go back home.

We might miss Harrington's points somewhat, as he was the only other proven scorer on the team beyond Joe Johnson. But I think and hope that will be more than offset by no longer having to deal with Harrington's atrocious defense, and by the fact that other exciting young front-court players with great potential (read: Marvin and Smoove) will now be getting more touches and more opportunity to contribute and score without having Harrington around taking up the lions share of the opportunities.

I certainly don't want to jinx them, but I strongly believe both Marvin and Smoove could really bust out. ***knocking on wood and crossing fingers***

Quote:

Quote:

November = 6-7

December = 7-9

January = 8-6

February = 6-8

March = 7-9

April = 4-5

Season = 38-44 (more [44-38] or less [34-48])

Good stuff. I agree with the original record, and am hoping for the lesser prediction. Replacing Harrington, your second leading scorer and best rebounder, with the bust of the draft- Sheldon Williams will keep you guys out of contention for a playoff spot this year.

Replacing Harrington's minutes with a combination of added minutes to Smith, Childress and mWilliams and the addition of Sheldon's minutes will actually get us further than we would have if we kept Harrington on the team. I'm actually leaning a little more towards 44-38 especially after we psych up throughout the year.