What Billy Knight SHOULD Do

gsuteke

get on the phone. start looking for another Al Harrington trading partner.

GS dropped out because they assumed Al to Indy was a done deal. it's up to BK to pick the phone back up to let Mullin know otherwise. we may not want Murphy or Foyle's contract, however there may be another team that may.

how about NY? you atleast have to call Isiah.

Detroit now that they have lost Ben would be worthy of a call. if nothing else that would light a fire under Indiana.

Philadelphia w/o AI in the trade still remains a possibility.

Would the LA Lakers be interested in Harrington?

The Denver Nuggets remain a logical destination.

Any of these teams along with a number of others which have gone unmentioned here can and will work especially if it is a three team swap. while the team we trade Al to may not have a piece we want (Philly) i'm sure if a third team gets involved Billy can broker a deal.

It's not like the Indy deal is knocking anyone's socks off to begin with. New Jersey got 3 first round picks for KMart. Indy won't even give us 4 million and a protected 1st for Al.

If I am Billy Knight I'm exploring other options and sooner as opposed to later!

anybody got a better idea????confused.gif

The impression that I got is that Indiana was determined to be the best destination by our ownership group and Billy Knight due to the fact that we could trade with them while *not* having to take back any salary. I'm not sure that's the case with any other teams out there.

Billy should just keep doing what he's doing. Whatever we get from Indy, it's not like it's going to help us this year anyway.

And if all else fails, just re-sign Al to a 6 - 7 million ONE YEAR CONTRACT, for insurance purposes ( in case one of the kids isn't ready to step up yet ).

Then when the trading deadline comes, trade him to a contender and get a good young player in return.

• Moderators

Quote:

And if all else fails, just re-sign Al to a 6 - 7 million ONE YEAR CONTRACT, for insurance purposes ( in case one of the kids isn't ready to step up yet ).

He would never sign with us for that much. He would take the MLE with Indiana or another team before taking a 6M 1 year offer with Atlanta after how this has gone done.

• Premium Member

Quote:

there are other options besides Indiana out there. nobody thinks that Billy should be actively seeking out alternative deals?

What makes you think he isn't doing that right now?

There's a great chance he's handicapped by the current ownership's internal issues.

• Moderators

Quote:

i called this yesterday and got argued with.

You said the team should explore other options and the one response was that they probably already were but might be limited due to ownership restrictions. Who argued with you?