• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 reasons NOT to trade Al to Indy

gsuteke

1. the current deal we've negotiated with them is below market value for both Al and more importantly the Hawks

2. Indiana is one of the teams we are trying to jump. Al Harrington is 26 years old. while he sucks on defense if Indy is smart enough to put a stopper behind him he will be a productive player. W/O Al Indy slots out in the 7 to 10 range in the East. we'll be bailing them out on getting nothing in essence for Artest with this trade.

I'd like to see Al Harrington in the following uniforms

1. LA Lakers

2. LA Clippers

3. Portland Jailblazers

4. Seattle not so Supersonics

5. Houston Rockets

6. Pheonix Suns for Steve Nash wink.gif

7. Utah Jazz for prostituting us to get his big contract

Quote:

Yeah teke - I think AL alongside some inside muscle (like JO) will work out pretty well for Indy.

Mostly we keep hearing Al s#cks!..Al s#cks! But I think a lot of that is from posters who want Al's minutes for their favorite players and aren't objective.

oh Al doesn't suck, he just needs to be utilized properly in the correct system.

that wasn't working here. so for my ATL purposes Al Harrington = addition by subtraction.

If you put Al on a team like let's say.... Chicago or Detroit all we'll hear about for the next year is how he's blowing up and ATL's organization is inept ala Boris Diaw.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah teke - I think AL alongside some inside muscle (like JO) will work out pretty well for Indy.

Mostly we keep hearing Al s#cks!..Al s#cks! But I think a lot of that is from posters who want Al's minutes for their favorite players and aren't objective.

oh Al doesn't suck, he just needs to be utilized properly in the correct system.

I do a lot of traveling around the country and only the people here in Atlanta was so critical of AL. Most blame his inept at defense as the reason to get rid of him. I feel a move to the 3 and not being the primary scoring option Al will play better defense. Nique didn't play much defense either because he was our primary go to guy on offense. I do support trading AL because of MW process, plus AL is the only one on the team who have true trading value. (Besides JJ)

I want this deal to go through but I support BK for playing hardball with the Pacers to get better value and now he might even get a better deal if more teams come to the table.

• Premium Member

I actually don't think Al did badly at all on offense. If you put him next to a defensive C, watch out.

One fear of mine was that Charlotte would sign him. If they signed him... Okafor/Al/Wallace/Morrison/Felton.. You might not want to admit it, but that's a scary good team.

Quote:

One fear of mine was that Charlotte would sign him. If they signed him... Okafor/Al/Wallace/Morrison/Felton.. You might not want to admit it, but that's a scary good team.

Yeah...Charlotte could really kick us in the rear with a move like that if they could pull it off.

• Admin

I don't think he will sign with Charlotte because I think he wants to go with a winning team or in the warriors case a team on the verge of winning (warriors have too much talent not utilized right or missing one piece.)

I see the only way he signs with the Bobcats if he only wants the money and there are no teams that the Hawks with do an SNT with.

Well he played for us so obviously he's not just about winnibg :-)

Seriously though...If Al gets fed up with the wrangling and there's no better offer - why not. If the snt options dry up, Charlotte can offer him a 5 year deal (I believe) while we could only him a 4-year deal on a sign-and-keep, due to the court fiasco.

• Admin

He was traded to the Hawks. He was already under contract and he needed a chance to prove he could be a good starter in the league before his contract was up (that was why he wanted to be traded there). He thought he could help Atlanta become better which didn't happen. After experiencing losing for the last couple of seasons he now wants to be on the side of a winning franchise again like when he was in Indiana. Since he is a FA he now can make the choice of where he could go. That is why he won't sign with Charlotte unless all of his other options are gone.

Quote:

Seriously though...If Al gets fed up with the wrangling and there's no better offer - why not. If the snt options dry up, Charlotte can offer him a 5 year deal (I believe) while we could only him a 4-year deal on a sign-and-keep, due to the court fiasco.

we can sign him to 5 years since he's our own player

Quote:

the court ruling (somebody show me where i'm wrong on this) stipulates that the Hawks can make normal contractual transactions with players already on their roster. they just can't trade for a player with 5 or more years left on their deal.

Quote:

1. the current deal we've negotiated with them is below market value for both Al and more importantly the Hawks

2. Indiana is one of the teams we are trying to jump. Al Harrington is 26 years old. while he sucks on defense if Indy is smart enough to put a stopper behind him he will be a productive player. W/O Al Indy slots out in the 7 to 10 range in the East. we'll be bailing them out on getting nothing in essence for Artest with this trade.

when we move Al somewhere else and we're in the playoffs while Indiana is at home.

if you stack up the Hawks roster Vs Pacers roster i think we have the better team!

• Premium Member

When he interviewed with the 2 live Stews...

It was evident that Al wanted to stay in Atlanta and kinda sounded like he felt betrayed because we went out and got his replacement. I think he wanted to be here.

10 Darrell Armstrong PG 6-1 180 Jun. 22, 1968 Fayetteville State

14 Maceo Baston PF 6-9 215 May 29, 1975 Michigan

6 Marquis Daniels GF 6-6 200 Jan. 7, 1981 Auburn

10 Jeff Foster FC 6-11 250 Jan. 16, 1977 Texas State

33 Danny Granger F 6-9 228 Apr. 20, 1983 New Mexico

0 Orien Greene PG 6-4 208 Feb. 4, 1982

13 David Harrison C 7-0 280 Aug. 15, 1982 Colorado

1 Stephen Jackson GF 6-8 218 Apr. 5, 1978

3 Sarunas Jasikevicius PG 6-4 195 Mar. 5, 1976 Maryland

1 Rawle Marshall GF 6-7 190 Feb. 20, 1982 Oakland

7 Jermaine O'Neal FC 6-11 260 Oct. 13, 1978

33 Josh Powell F 6-9 225 Jan. 25, 1983 North Carolina State

11 Jamaal Tinsley PG 6-3 183 Feb. 28, 1978 Iowa State

0 James White GF 6-7 200 Oct. 21, 1982 Cincinnati

4 Shawne Williams F

Quote:

...we can sign him to 5 years since he's our own player

Thanks N.27, I wasn't sure about that.

This will sure be interesting unless the deal just reverts back to the old Indy deal with a tweak here or there. Were I the Charlotte GM I'd be tempted to make an offer though. Al's still young and could likely be traded later for another asset if the need be.

• Admin

true but I don't think he wants to start all over again. That would be what would happen in Charlotte.

He would be an excellent fit there though. They have been putting a really really nice team together under the radar. Give them a couple more years of experience and some more tweaks / depth additions and I can see them being a really good team.