• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I caught the tail end of Bernie on 680thefan......

MoonKnight

Quote:

It does not matter who starts. If you bring Marvin off the bench and he still plays 30-35 minutes, then who cares if he is not in the game for the tip. That is all starting is, lining up for the tip and playing the first couple minutes. I am not even sure that "redundancy" is an actual basketball term. I think that the "depth" that we will have is quality and that is a key to making the playoffs. Teams that can go 8-10 deep can wear down the other team. Coming off the bench does not make a player trash, the bench players are as important to winning as the starting 5. Noone wins games with five players. Dallas was in the Finals last year, they have always been stacked 1-12 and they continiue to add players to bring off the bench, with complete disregard for this "redundancy" you keep talking about.

The hawks are going to lose either Josh Smith or Marvin Williams and people might aswell face that right now. Billy and his crew are gunna repeat the same thing that happend in Indiana.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

It does not matter who starts. If you bring Marvin off the bench and he still plays 30-35 minutes, then who cares if he is not in the game for the tip. That is all starting is, lining up for the tip and playing the first couple minutes. I am not even sure that "redundancy" is an actual basketball term. I think that the "depth" that we will have is quality and that is a key to making the playoffs. Teams that can go 8-10 deep can wear down the other team. Coming off the bench does not make a player trash, the bench players are as important to winning as the starting 5. Noone wins games with five players. Dallas was in the Finals last year, they have always been stacked 1-12 and they continiue to add players to bring off the bench, with complete disregard for this "redundancy" you keep talking about.

The hawks are going to lose either Josh Smith or Marvin Williams and people might aswell face that right now. Billy and his crew are gunna repeat the same thing that happend in Indiana.

Not only that but Childress is gone as well. He's not going to stay on a losing team to be a bench player when several teams will pay him to be their starting 2 guard. Now if the idiot management is saying Smith isn't a 4 then either Marvin or Smoove is out the door as well to again start for another team.

Redundancy on a team with gaping holes at 1 and 5 is asinine. I don't consider Claxton with his injury history to be a fix to the PG situation and while I do like Zaza we all know he's just a good backup.

I also think its interesting Bernie has lied about trading for another big man and now we're reduced to just signing some FA backup.

I hope Phoenix makes good use of our #4 pick in the lottery next year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What you need to do is look at the bright side.

...watching Phoenix get a franchise player with our #4 pick in the draft next season? Or watching the Falcons? Because the Hawks are the biggest clusterfuck we have in Atlanta. tongue.gif

Well I say goodbye to either Marvin or Smoove because they both have the potential to be superstars in this league, And they will want a starting role on a team this organization is full of idiots if they think either of them will want to stay and come of the bench. Sheldon does'nt deseve to start period, He aint do nothing in the SL. He looked like crap so that's why I say we should start Marvin and Smoove who have proved that given the time they can play at this level.

Quote:

Well I say goodbye to either Marvin or Smoove because they both have the potential to be superstars in this league, And they will want a starting role on a team this organization is full of idiots if they think either of them will want to stay and come of the bench. Sheldon does'nt deseve to start period, He aint do nothing in the SL. He looked like crap so that's why I say we should start Marvin and Smoove who have proved that given the time they can play at this level.

I was suggesting a starting lineup of claxton/johnson/Williams/Smoove/Williams

Since ZaZa doesn't bother to play defense... The fact that he's 6'11 is meaningless since size only means something if you use it.

Quote:

Give me a break! They started Ivey and that didn't mean dooodly squat. That was assinine. What matters a lot more is who finishes the game. And that remains to be seen.

I'm not so sure Smoove or M.Williams will be looking at it that way in two years... Al Harrington didn;t.

M.Will/Smoove/Childress/S.Williams=O'Neal/Harrington/Artest/Bender

Quote:

Quote:

Since ZaZa doesn't bother to play defense... The fact that he's 6'11 is meaningless since size only means something if you use it.

I like that line-up

I totally agree and what Bernie also forgot to mention when he thru Al under the bus. Was how Za-Za does'nt know what playing defense is.

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza played good defense when he was in Mil and in the start of the season with us, but he quickly got in foul trouble because he would be too agressive. He would hustle for every loose ball and rebound. I am sure that he was told to not pick up those fouls and he became less agressive. He was our only reliable center and we didn't want him to get in foul trouble

• Premium Member

I think Zaza was simply worn out during the last stretch of last season because of the heavy minutes he had already logged. Having someone else to share minutes at C will have a positive effect on his performance on offense and defense.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza played good defense when he was in Mil and in the start of the season with us, but he quickly got in foul trouble because he would be too agressive. He would hustle for every loose ball and rebound. I am sure that he was told to not pick up those fouls and he became less agressive. He was our only reliable center and we didn't want him to get in foul trouble

Being foul prone is problem. If you're fouling all the time you aren't a good defensive player. You're either slow footed or you can't keep your position on defense.

Quote:

I think Zaza was simply worn out during the last stretch of last season because of the heavy minutes he had already logged. Having someone else to share minutes at C will have a positive effect on his performance on offense and defense.

He only played about 30MPG. If playing 30MPG wore him down it's another reason why he's a backup.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He got into foul trouble because in his mind that's playing defense. I think He, Lue and Ivey all follow that exact same strategy.

Quote:

Zaza is 22 years old and that was his first time that he has started. He is young and doesn't know how to manage his fouls. Most young players are foul prone.

He is not slow for a 6-11 260lbs center.

Come on now.

People use age as an excuse for everything. The Bucks didn't want him back.... I'm not saying he's bad, but he doesn't seem like a starter. A 25MPG backup that is alittle out of his league as a 30MPG starter.

If a player is under 25, you can bet that the age excuse will be brought up for any player that has a flaw in his game. Always excused due to age.