• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Is Big Dog a Cancer?

Jamil

I think the season the Bucks are having shows that Glen wasn't the problem they had.

I think the Hawks problems have more to deal with not knowing how to use the talent they have (i.e..setting the roles for the players) than the talent or desire of the players themselves.

We've made a coaching change, so we'll see what that will do.

i mean, he hasnt been on the news lately (a good thing) or committing crimes in ATL...

he hasnt been a VISIBLE cancer on this team, but we still arent producing. Abdur-Rahim and Terry play well together, but Robinson seems to confuse everyone's roles...

but we'll see what happens now that we got a new coach...

I've said this before - define cancer.

Does he disrupt the lockerroom or openly make things difficult - I say no.

But, I do think the team plays better, as a TEAM, without him. D is better, ball movement is better, and roles are much more clearly defined. I'd trade him in a second for some athleticism/hustle/D/ ability to finish player or a 2 with handles and a scope from long range that plays decent D.

He is a bit disappointing with his sissyball perimeter game, but hanging around George Karl will do that to you. Problem is that b/c he is a perimeter player teams can double reef. Taking away the only real post presence and turning it into the low percentage shooting game. I have a real problem with this because the hawks need a treat to drive to the hole.

But all that aside I do like what Big Dog brings to the table, esp. considering we got him for a joke like Kukoc.

Guest Walter

In reply to:

"He is a bit disappointing with his sissyball perimeter game, but hanging around George Karl will do that to you."

Uh, gross! You neither commit to calling Big Dawg a "sissy baller" (although his intensity of play is 1,000,000 weaker than CC, who you called "an effimenent pansy sissyballer") and what sissyballING you do speak of is due to BD's past history under a white coach.

BTW, I don't like Karl and haven't for about 2-3 years now, but [censored], maybe, just MAYBE there is a black player "sissyballER" in your world that wasn't made so by THE white MAN along the way.

UGH!

W

Walter,

Are you saying some black player is not good because of the white man? Your ignorance is amazing.

Maybe you should go get Big Dog, introducehim to Johnny CockRing. Then all of you can file suit, bring it to court, litigate and settle for inadequate wages that should have been his. Further, you can sue the white man for punitive damages that has cost Big Dog an amazing career.

Weirdo.

I hope you weren't serious. I moved to this board from ESPN's to get away from the moose-headed morons that seem to populate it.

Welcome to the board, BTW. Good to see fresh blood.

Walter and BHD are always involved in "debates" centering around race. Some think BHD is racist. Others don't.

I'm not going to come out and blantantly call him a racist. But, several things point to a racial bias. Nearly all (or was it all?) of his Top 10 coaches were black, and he refers to all European players as "sissy ballers."

Now, he's implying that Big Dog is soft b/c he has played for Karl and Stotts, both white "sissyball" coaches.

I'd suggest that you let them settle things on their own, but that's only one man's opinion.

DJ_Money,

Ha! This is hilarious. I read one post about some guy named "HawksFreak" and this about two guys disputing racism.

Who needs soaps in the middle of the day, when you have the Hawks message board, right?

Anyhow, thanks for the welcoming. I would hate to interfere with people during their internal battles.

Sorry all. I will try to watch what I say...

Play.

Guest Walter

I think you misread my comments as reflecting my opinion when in fact they are my suggestion of BHD's opionion based upon his many examples of white playa' and coach hate.

In reply to:

"Are you saying some black player is not good because of the white man?"

No! Definitely not. But a person who has called all (white) European players but the half-white/half-black Parker and every domestic white player (and not one black player) a "sissy baller", including Crawford (otherwise known to BHD as an "effimenent pansy Euro-sissyballer"), a "sissy baller", yet fails to call a generally FAR greater "sissy baller" in Big Dawg a "sissy ballER" A-N-D blames his tendency for "sissy ballING" on his white coach, is guilty of what you have sighted above (and likely more due to his obvious racial biases).

W

1). Every Post I make Walter turns it into a debate about race.

2). DJ Money frankly I am tired of your snipes. My top 10 coaches list had 8 out of 10 coaches were black. The other list had no black coaches. I didnt cry racism when they posted. I dont see you complaining about them.

3). Somehow my denouncement of a black player and a coach who took an allstar team and lost to role players in the world championships, a coach walter himself doesnt like and turned it into some dialogue about race.

4). I dislike the Euro league because it is nothing but a league full of perimeter shooting 7'0" Point gaurds. I am not a fan of the Asian leagues either.

5) Oh and my cardinal sin Dirk Diggler isnt top 10 he is top 25 oh God forgive me.

Hey I am 12, Maybe that will mean I can post whatever ignorance I want without debate.

I AM A RACIST. I am declaring it so we can stop discussing it and talk about basketball. I hate all white players and coaches. Are you happy? Can we end this lame discussion.

I cannot justify outright calling Dirk Diggler, Big Dog, Ray Allen or TIm Duncan Sssyballers because at least they produce. As for CC, you say he has more passion, heart and intensity than Big Dog, How? He doesnt even get off the bench or injured list long enough to b in a play.

Oh as for my list of coaches. Notice most have their teams playing very well. Save Lowe,I was wrong about him, and Evans(Who got dickuad over)

the type in which all the players have NO SKILL when it comes to shooting from the perimeter.

He wants only the DARIUS MILES type players in the NBA. He only wants DUNKS in the NBA. Do u know how boring that would be?

was LARRY JOHNSONS 4 point player somewhat interesting to u? does the fact that Reggie Miller makes a living just shooting well, bother u? I mean, all he did was master the 3-point shot and the art of going to the freethrow line.

just imagine this then. Suppose u have only Dunkers in the NBA. Every player on defense would sit around the rim and try to swat everything away. There would be more fouls... but since the players cant hit a [censored] freethrow, it would be a low-scoring game.

Do u know how hard it is to dunk when u got people pushing u on the way up? or grabbing ur hand while ur up in the air?

All im saying is that there needs to be a COMBINATION of players in the NBA. Right now, i think its very well rounded. We got the shooters (aka, sissyballers) and the dunkers.

answers to ur points

1)its because theres a lot of "coincidences" going around

2)u made 2 top 10 coaches list? i didnt know that

3)im not in this- u/walter can debate over this

4)while i dont keep up with any other leagues other than the NBA... i dont go out sayin that the EURO LEAGUES/ASIAN LEAGUES are bunch of sissyballers. do u have any sense of respect? dirk nowitski, peja stoyacavic (sp), hedo turkolou, yao ming, etc... would easily take u out in basketball.

5)who said hes top 10? the last time i remember, u said he wanst a top 50 player! all i know is that hes the best prospect to come out of EUROPE these days... and im sorry if u cant appreciate his game.

6)Whats up with the Chris Crawford sissyballing callout? This means one of two things...

a)u havent seen CC play, and u are just guessin hes a sissyballer (which doesnt seem too bad)

b)hes white and ur just labeling him. (which is worse than #1).

u still got time if u want to apologize and say ur reasoning is because of #1. I mean, this guy is INJURED cuz he takes it to the hole too much and too hard.

i mean, this guy might not be an allstar or a starter on most NBA teams... but for one thing, hes not a sissyballer.

thats like sayin "KIDD cant run a team."

- sure Kidd doesnt have any rings to prove it, but its very obvious that he runs the floor well with his teammates.

I never said the Asian leagues were, "sissyball" leagues. I said I didnt like their play. I do like peremeter play but not a game that only consist of passing and perimeter shots. Dominique and Jordan surely didn't spend their careers doing that. Nor do I want the league to be a continuous dunk contest.

Why in the Helll is everybody defending a 2.5 million dollar paper weight like Crawford, Yet always commenting negatively about a real player like Mottola, if the Hawks had invested in him instead of the sissyball king CC, the team would be much better off.

ALSO Stotts is doing a excellent job much to my chagrin, because I thought he was a smuck. But He has annoyed me by very tctfully agreeing although not outright with Karl's comments from last season. The Trent Lott approach.

Im not defending Crawford at all. If u asked me if i thought Crawford was a starter in this league, i would say NO. If u asked me if hes a decent backup SF, ill say YES.

Ask me if hes a 20/10 guy, and ill say NO.

Ask me if hes a good freethrow shooter, and ill say YES.

Ask me if he plays like a 2.5 mil-player, and ill say hes slightly overpaid.

I never said that Crawford had allstar written all over him. All i know is that Crawford is not a sissyballer....