• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fantasy Football Help

Lascar78

I need to decide on my keepers for my fantasy football league. I need your help.

We get 8 starters: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Kicker, and Defense/SpecialTeams. So that's 8 starters plus 6 keepers. Each season we get to keep 3 players.

My roster from last year is:

Delhomme, Jake QB CAR

Duckett, T.J. RB ATL

Green, Ahman RB GB

Hicks, Maurice RB SF

McGahee, Willis RB BUF

Bruce, Isaac WR STL

Johnson, Keyshawn WR CAR

Mason, Derrick WR BAL

Muhammad, Muhsin WR CHI

Walker, Javon WR DEN

Gates, Antonio TE SD

Scobee, Josh K JAC

Steelers, DST

So I figure McGahee is a no-brainer keeper because RB is so important, and Gates is a keeper because he's basically a #1 WR that you get to play at TE.

So the question is who the #3 keeper should be.

McNabb is somewhere around the 5th best QB, but there's not that much difference between all the QBs of that caliber. I also could choose to keep Delhomme if I want a QB as he's pretty good too.

Then there's Green, but I've had him forever and am sick and tired of his injuries and fumbles, and I'm pretty sure I'm not keeping him.

My other main option is to keep a WR. While Walker and Mason are only around the 20th best receivers, I don't want to get screwed and not get any decent receivers. I pick 3rd in a snake draft, meaning my 2nd draft pick will only be #22. I also would have to choose between Mason, who is solid, and Walker who is clearly better but coming off injury and going to a run heavy system.

I also could keep the Steelers but let's face it no D really deserves to go in the top 3 rounds.

So let's hear it, who would you keep and why?

I keep going back and forth in my head between McNabb and one of the WRs

i may sound rediculous to some, but i picked keyshawn. i just think he will have a big year. steve smith is the panther's #1, but he won't get the kind of year he had last year again, other teams won't let him. kj will get a lot of open looks and with the panther's run game not exactly set, they'll be looking to pass a good bit.

mcnabb is pretty good, too, but really, i think unless you get peyton, brady, or palmer (if healthy) that can deliver above average stats every week, then any of the other qbs are pretty much a toss up each week.

i got pretty lucky last year basing my team around receivers and won my division and had the most points for the season in my league (lost in postseason). i think it was part luck because i got larry fitzgerald and santana moss in the last three or four rounds, but also because receivers tend to stay healthier than rbs. case in point, my first and third rbs taken were ahman green and deshaun stevenson. green was a wash and deshaun only worked okay since i also picked steven davis. lamont jordan was my #1.

Its so hard to get a good running back, I have to say Ahman Green. I think he is more valuable on your team unless there is someone in your re-draft that is comparable to him. If you don't use his stats you can always trade him, he is worth more than anyone else on your team in a trade.

• Premium Member

You really ought to consider Jake Delhomme. I would keep this guy for sure. He's going to have some major guns working with him. I suspect he will throw more than 31 TDs this year. I believe that the Carolina defense will keep the ball in the offenses hand. I believe that with Keyshawn as the possession reciever and Smith as the big play reciever and Carter out there that Carolina will have a passing attack like nobodies business. Not to mention that they will have a running game weather it be DeAngelo Williams or Deshawn Foster carrying the ball.

So I say Dehlomme goes for about 31 TDs with about 15 Ints. When I look at McNabb, he's never been a high TD guy (except when they had TO). I suspect that McNabb may get you 18 TDs this year but he will have much fewer INTs. The Philadelphia offense is not spectacular but they are getting a lot of people off of their IL. Still without a big play reciever, I don't expect much from McNabb in the way of Numbers.

I would say something good about Muhsin but I can't. Chicago offense has stagnated Muhsin.

Derrick Mason is not a must have.

I have no faith in Walker. I think his injuries may keep him in and out.

I guess, with that said, if you must have a reciever... Keyshawn. He's going to be a possession reciever in Carolina. He's going to be working opposite of the legendary Steve Smith. He doesn't have to worry about teams keying on him... and if they can use Carter as a third receiver, I think they could be the toughest team in the southeast.

Damn dude, you're right about needing help. grin.gif

I'd keep Delhomme over Mcnabb and call it good. I'll take Delhomme and the addition of not only Keyshawn but also Deangelo Williams for when Foster and Davis eventually get hurt. I like Mcnabb becaue Philly is in love with passing, but they don't have anyone to throw to.

Quote:

Thanks for your input but I am still equally indecisive. I still don't think I'm keeping Green. I am virtually certain to draft a RB at #3 (Reggie Bush?) and am sick and tired of Green.

Looks like so far McNabb is getting more votes than the WRs.

If you drop Green, and he's looking decent so far in the preseason, I agree with getting a premiere back with your first pick. Chances are, Bush is gonna be the best bet. Any RBs of note in the free agency pool right now?

Quick update even though I doubt anyone cares. I kept McNabb, took Reggie Bush with the #3 overall pick. I am pumped about him as a keeper even though I'm worried for this year. I was still able to get Corey Dillon who should have one more good year in him. I did better than I thought I would given the fact that I took Bush with my first pick:

QB:

Donovan McNabb

Trent Green

RB:

Willis McGahee

Corey Dillon

Reggie Bush

WR:

Jerry Porter

Rod Smith

Drew Bennett

Derrick Mason

TE:

Antonio Gates

Dallas Clark

K:

Mike Vanderjagt

DST:

Steelers

Jaguars

• Moderators

Not a bad club but I would definitely want Maroney (RB - NE) on my team if I were you. He is a key backup for Dillon and could easily be the starter next year depending on how things go. He would be a valuable pickup for this year and a decent keeper prospect for the future.

Your team is looking pretty solid everywhere except WR. That shouldn't hurt too bad seeing as how you have some top flight TEs in Gates AND Clark. I'd grab another RB and look for a sleeper WR on the waiver wire. I'd look at Stallworth now that he's an Eagle and is going to be a much more consistent threat now that he has Mcnabb throwing to him compared to Brooks.