• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Now that we are playoff bound, we need to get a guy who can help us at the SG position. I feel that it's wasted on Ira. He's a great defender but not a starter. Here's my offering:

Atlanta trades: SF Dion Glover (8.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 18.4 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed (2.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.6 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SG Brent Barry (11.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.6 minutes)

C Jerome James (3.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 9.0 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Seattle trades: SG Brent Barry (11.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.6 minutes)

C Jerome James (3.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 9.0 minutes)

Seattle receives: SF Dion Glover (8.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (2.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 7 games)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 5 games)

Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and -3.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

You have been assigned Trade ID number 849609

Obviously, you got to give something to get something. I believe that Barry is just what we need at the SG. Seattle could use some frontcourt help and I think Nazr is just that. I think we can make it with Theo/James as our C batallion. However, getting Barry is paramount. I think that he possesses everything we need to compliment our current squad. He's a Gunner from outside but he can also handle the ball and defend. With Des Mason making Big Noise in Seattle, they might be game.

There is one thing. His knee is injured.... BUT... I'd still do the trade. We don't have that kind of talent just sitting around here.

The good news is that Stotts knows what to do with Grob. We won't see any more of Grob trying to play Point Forward. It's refreshing.

• Premium Member

Barry may be doing a great job in Seattle, but Compliments is the wrong term for that. Payton is a Big PG who scores. They have Lewis and Radmo (Forwards that can shoot). Barry being another shooter is not a compliment. A better compliment is Des Mason (Slasher) after he matures. They also need an inside scoring threat at PF/C to compliment. Nate is doing great work in Seattle but Barry doesn't compliment that team. What they could really use is a guy like Tim Duncan. IF Seattle could get themselves in position to get Tim Duncan, he would be the fit that they need. An inside presence to go with all that outside firepower. With Anderson et. al being out of work next season, Seattle may have the money to make: GP/Mason/Lewis/Duncan a reality.

Here, he would fit very well. Unlike Seattle we need a perimeter guy at the SG position.

• Premium Member

That and the fact that Barry will have to miss a couple of weeks with an injured knee tells me that Maybe this trade could go. I mean getting Barry would be great for us. Even if we had to wait on him. Getting Nazr would be great for them... Especially since he can rebound and score. They don't have a rebounding PF (Radmo) so this trade could be of interest to them.