• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I found this interesting.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was listening to AI's mom on the radio the other day. She was promoting a book that she's in the process of writing and a reality show that she was supposed to be on?? (I didn't hear the whole interview).

Anyway, she said that this offseason, AI was hoping that he would be traded "Just so that they would stop talking about trading him". Then she said " he had wanted to go to Atlanta to play for the Hawks."

Now, weather or not there were serious trade talks.. . I don't know(Doesn't matter). However, it feels good to know that even though we are at the bottom of the barrell, one of the league's stars wanted to come to our team. I think that should make our young players feel good to know that superstars see their potential and want to be a part!

Devil's Advocate

IF AI talks were serious, then that means that it was probably the court ruling that put them off.

Quote:

IF AI talks were serious, then that means that it was probably the court ruling that put them off.

i thought i had read somewhere that belkin was the one wanting ai in atl, but the other owners weren't all for it (naturally). if that was the case, and bk had gone after him, then i don't think it would've been a big deal since any trade can happen regardless of the years/$$ involved as long as all owners agreed. philly was probably asking for mw, js, salim, plus draft picks.

• Premium Member

That's the puzzling thing here.

Belkin wanted AI.

BK seemingly didn't want AI.

I believe AI wanted to come to ATLANTA.

If there were ever serious talks about AI coming to Atlanta, then most likely (imo) it was probably initiated by Belkin?

Imagine..

Belkin gets control of the Hawks and his first move...

Pick up Iverson.

Wouldn't that win the city over for him?

AI's mother bragged about how before AI was a 76er, they had 300 people in the stands... and now....

Imagine what an AI can do in Atlnata?

• Premium Member

What if the deal was:

Al, Speedy, Marvin for KG...

Can we win with:

Lue, JJ, JSmoove, KG, and Zaza?

We'd have to get another PG...

Where's Cookie Belcher and Spoonie Penn when you need them!

• Moderators

Bernie said that the Sixers were offering an aging superstar who had failed to make the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years and that the Hawks would have to "give up our young players" to make the trade. He didn't specify beyond that.

He recapped by saying something like, why would we want a trade where Philly gets cap space and our young guys and we take on an aging superstar?

Quote:

Imagine..

Belkin gets control of the Hawks and his first move...

Pick up Iverson.

Wouldn't that win the city over for him?

it would obviously depend on how we got him. if we gave up the farm for him, then only a very few casual fans would like it, but not enough to bring in major butts to the seats. i personally believe if belkin took over, he would want to trade jj to philly for ai. not that it would be a wise business move, but purely for stroking his ego and getting rid of the reminder of how the ownership turmoil got set off. i personally wouldn't mind too much if ai was here as long as jj was still here and we also kept at least one, but preferably both, mw and js (those are really the only players i really, really wouldn't want to see go anywhere else). it could turn out to be a disaster, but it would still be interesting to see. good or bad, the hawks would be getting some national notice outside of the ownership crap. but what do i know.

• Premium Member

Only if you believe the aging superstar is AI.

I think the aging superstar may have been Webber. There are rumors flying that Zeke almost pulled the trigger on a deal that would have gotten them Webber.

CWebb in Atlanta would have been good for about 10 minutes. Then we would have missed our young players.