Chilz = 11 pts.

ZaZa = 10 pts.

Lo = 4 pts.

JJ = 18 pts.

Speedy = 12 pts.

Lue = 6 pts.

Total = 97 pts.

======================

Other scenarios? (No, I'm not forgetting Salim. I just see him as "instant offense," not part of a standard rotation, due to his lack of point guard skills, and Lue being able to offer PG and SG skills at the back-up position.)

Well for one JJ is going to average more than 18pts a game. He should average at least 25pts a game this year since he will get even more opportunities to score not having to run the point again. Zaza will score more than 10pts. a game as well. Your forgetting that JJ averaged 20pts and Zaza averaged 11pts a game last year. They will only improve this year. Plus JJ is going to play the majority of his minutes at SG not PG. Chill will not play more minutes than JJ at SG.

Quote:

Well for one JJ is going to average more than 18pts a game. He should average at least 25pts a game this year since he will get even more opportunities to score not having to run the point again. Zaza will score more than 10pts. a game as well. Your forgetting that JJ averaged 20pts and Zaza averaged 11pts a game last year. They will only improve this year. Plus JJ is going to play the majority of his minutes at SG not PG. Chill will not play more minutes than JJ at SG.

I noted in my second scenario that JJ will play all of his minutes at SG (more than Chilz) so I am aware of that eventuality. And I'm not forgetting that JJ and ZaZa averaged 20 and 11 ppg respectively last year. I simply believe that JJ's game/leadership skills will favor his making other players on the team better (ala Nash) versus simply scoring more points this year (as he certainly could if he chose to).

Besides, if he did score 25 and ZaZa did score more than 11 this year, at whose expense in my scenarios would it be? Possibly Sheldon's, certainly, or Lo's, but they aren't scoring much to begin with. If Lue is in the game at all, he will be shooting. Marving and Smoove will certainly score 15 per game in 32 min. Chilz is the type of player who will get some garbage/scrap baskets by virtue of his hustle - and I've only got him scoring 10 or 12 anyway. Speedy is out to prove he is a starter so he'll score at least 10 or 12, I'd think.

I don't think we'll be scoring over 100 ppg, so I think JJ will probably not be in the mid-20s this year, even though he could be if he chose to score that much.

But, it's just one man's opinion. It'll be a fun year either way. Thanks for your thoughts.

Guest Walter

Other scenarios? (No, I'm not forgetting Salim. I just see him as "instant offense," not part of a standard rotation, due to his lack of point guard skills, and Lue being able to offer PG and SG skills at the back-up position.)

Depth truly is a wonderful thing, is it not? smile.gif

And others will feel that Ivey's height and defensive skills at the point will warrant giving him a few minutes each game. Of course I've seen some laud Chilz as virtually our second best player on the team.

At least we finally seem to have the "problem" of how to find enough minutes for our guys instead of trying to find enough guys for our minutes.

I think the minutes and point production will probably break down more like this.

Starters:

Zaza - 30 mpg = 10 pts, 9 reb,

Smoove - 32 mpg = 14 pts, 7.5 reb, 3blk

Marvin - 30 mpg = 17 pts, 6 reb

JJ - 38 mpg = 23 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast, 1.5 stl

Speedy - 26 mpg = 11 pts, 6 ast, 1 stl

Bench:

Chillz - 24 mpg = 11 pts, 6 reb, 1 stl

Salim - 20 mpg = 13 pts, 2 ast

Lo - 18 mpg = 8 pts, 6 reb

Lue - 14 mpg = 6 pts, 2.5 ast

Shelden - 15 mpg = 5 pts, 5 reb, 1 blk

Batista - 9 mpg = 4 pts, 3 reb

Ivey - 6 mpg = 2 pts, 1 ast

Solomon - ??? - hopefully - 6 mpg = 2 pts, 2 reb, 1 blk

Keep in mind, averages per game doesn't equal the team total average. Averages don't mean that every player have those amount of stats every game nor does it mean that they play every game. These are just projected averages that should produce a pretty good season for us.

Yeah Walt...obviously 124 per game won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few 115-120 point games this season when we catch a team flat at our place and our guys are hot and willing to run. Key to that (IMO) is to have good young depth so when the starters get a lead and you start getting guys rest, the next guys are energized and hungry as well :-)

BK siad: "he's also in great shape and he's going to play major minutes for us. Major minutes. He's going to help us, defensively certainly, offensively and in a leadership capacity."

Major minutes sound more than just a few. And I hope that is the case. He'll do as much for ZaZa's this year as anything. Taking pressure off him, giving him clues about how to play various opponents as well as resting him. I also think he will be good for Estaban who has the intensity and motivation but lacks the know how. Ditto for Shelden. All in all I think this was a vital piece to add.