• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks and Falcons

DrReality

I taped the game and watched it later. It's hard to tell what shape the Bucs are in since it was only the first week. The Ravens totally dominated the game. The Bucs' offense looked pretty bad all game. The defense was looked OK, but they got put in bad positions because of turnovers. I do not think after the first week the Bucs are on the same level as the Falcons. After last year victories over the Falcons, I am looking for the Bucs to get dogged.

• Admin

I predict a similar outcome as the Carolina game, as long as our defense is healthy. If they're healthy, our defense is FOR REAL, maybe top 3. Even if we're stuck without Abraham, I think we win. They just don't have the offense, IMO, to stop all that we can throw against them on defense. Plus they have Gruden, maybe the worst excuse for a coach in the league. I always take points off for him. Oh, it's our home opener too. No way Tampa takes it.

• Admin

Two reasons:

1. I just don't like the guy. I'd fight him for charity at the drop of a hat.

2. I think he's overrated. His title winning team was built by Dungy and handed to him.

calling him one of the worst might be a stretch, but it's due too genuine #2 feelings with a lot of #1 slathered on top!

I think its going to be a close game. Tampa has the defense to contain Vick. We have the defense to stiffle whatever Gruden can throw at us. It comes down to the two lines, just like in our first game. If the Falcons O-line opens holes for Dunn et al, then we have a good chance at winning. If those holes don't open and the Tampa defenders stay in thier lanes, then we don't have a good chance of winning.

The X-factor for the game are our d-ends. Kearny and Abraham playing means we kill Simms and force a lot of turnovers (two or more), but if they don't play we can't create the pressure on Simms to rattle him.

Should be a good game. I hope the Falcs win, but Tampa has owned us over the Vick years, so I am not optimistic.

I don't agree that Tampa owned us last year. I think they were very fortunate to win both games late. Neither loss was due to Vick's performance. It was our porous run defense that cost us those games.

In the Warren Sapp days, Tampa Bay did own Vick. They were just too good at rushing him. I think Vick (and the Falcons coaching staff) has made some adjustments, though, and he's more comfortable being rushed.

This will be a very different #7 that the Bucs see if Vick continues to show his progression like he did in week 1 where he connected with 7 (?) different targets. If Vick can continue along that track he'll become what Falcons fans and coaches have envisioned and haters and detractors have feared - another Steve Young type of qb who is a serious threat to run.

It's one thing to have Vick run bootlegs and to scramble when he's under pressure. It's another thing if Vick can simply roll out and make defenses worry about the run while he's scanning his options downfield. This is the type of QB I've been waiting to see develop and it's looking like Vick is on his way.

Even if Abraham and/or Hartwell is/are out, I think our run D stops Cadillac and Donatell cooks up a nice defensive plan to trick Simms into some turnovers.

Agreed that the run defense last year was terrible and that cost us several games, but the fact remains that we haven't playe well against Tampa in the Vick era. This isn't to say that Vick is the sole cause, its just that since Vick has been starting the Bucs defense has been very good at containing him.

If Vick can get us 240 yards in the passing game and not turn the ball over, then we should win the game (assuming the running game also does well). I hope Jenkins can have a big day just to get it into future opponents heads that Jenkins is a target. That will open the run up even more. It doesn't look like White is quite ready to take on the role of big-time reciever.

Quote:

I heard today that they have had injuries on their offensive line. If that is the case we should be able to disrupt their offense. If Abraham plays, we coule kill them like the Ravens did.

Even if Abraham doesn't play at all, I think we can put plenty of heat on Simms with Jackson, Coleman, and Kerney sticking it to the OL. That's the beauty of adding Milloy and Crocker - they give us a lot more flexibility with the pass rush because they can provide plenty of run and pass support.