• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Award winning Trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

SAR/Big Dog/JT to Minn for KG...

This goes with the trade that would send Wally/Smith/etc to Chicago for Rose/Fizer/Crawford.

It makes Minn a very good squad. Especially considering that Minn has a coach who would be able to work his magic with Big Dog/Shareef and make them look like Allstars.

For us, we get Star power. We get somebody who will draw fans out. We get a 20 million dollar contract that Minn won't renew.

The team for this yr will be:

Theo/KG/Ira/Glover/Dickau... Then in the draft, I say we add 2 atheletic players..

1st round.... Dwayne Wade. - Gotta like em. He finds a way to score.

2nd round..... Josh Howard. He's very athletic plus he can hit the outside shot.

I'd send two of the three to Minn for KG (plus any filler/picks we need to work out the deal), but not all 3.

People talk about KG having no help in Minn, who the [censored] would help him on that squad? Two rookies wouldn't help right away either, we'd be setting ourselves back another 3 years, at least.

Something ideal would be SAR/Robinson for KG.

JT/Newble/KG/Hendu/Theo

Minn would be the same as we are now. Scoring by the boatload, but giving up even more.

Hudson/Wally/Robinson/SAR/Rasho

• Premium Member

Minn is already a hard enough market.

I think giving them JT would only help... Especially if Brandon calls it a day.

Then they would have PGs JT/Hudson. Two guys who are alike.

I haven't been able to get to Trade Checker... But I think that the trade works.

Problem is KG. Would he stay?

KG would definitely have to be the man on offense. But I think with the right coaching, Glover could come into his own as a SG with KG as the first option. And who knows what Dickau has?

Even if KG decides he wants to go elsewhere... The markets are still to our liking. I mean, I would easily trade KG to Portland for Wallace, McInnis, and Bonzi.

but the big question is...

if SAR/BIGDOG/JT (in other words, the HAWKS) cant do the job in the EAST... wat makes MINN think they can do it in the WEST?

talent wise, i think its fair (a little more on MINN side tho)... it be nice if they gave us a FIRST ROUNDER but i dont think they have any...

how about giving us a good solid bench player as well...

• Premium Member

Even though the stats don't suggest it...

KG is not really a team player. He's selfish. He makes so much that they can't bring in any talent to be around him. Then when they do get talent around him, he can't get along with them... (Marberry, Wally Z, Googs)... Everybody has the same testimony about him? BUt the most important thing is Money and the probation that Minn was put on about Smith.

If they can get the Rose trade to go through, there is NO better thing in basketball to do than to do this trade.

Reason being...

1. JT needs Rose to be effective.

2. With SAR/Big Dog Rose would be THE Man.

3. Flip can Coach.

4. With no 1st rounders coming in, Minn can use Big Dog to bring in Young Talent if they desired.

I think Minn going to the playoffs has been more about Flip Coaching and Minn executing. I have said it and I will say it again, JT and SAR needs the kind of Coaching and structure that Flip gives. Add that to the fact that Flip preaches execution and I bet he'd have that Minn team as the BEST in the West soon enough.

What's in it for us.

Ticket draw.

With KG/Theo/Glover, we'd have a nucleus just good enough to draw lots of Excitement. I don't look for Theo to be great. Not even close. However, put him with KG at PF and you have a mixture that will help each other. All we would need is a SG or SF that can shoot from outside. Josh Howard.

Even if that doesn't pan out, there will be some guys who will be up for FA. And Let's not forget Dickau.