• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats the world coming to !!

HAWKEYE

Quote:

Whats the world coming to !!

LA Clippers beaten by CSKA Moscow Saturday 94-75 !!

Philadelphia 76ers lost to FC Barcelona 104-99 Thursday !!

No US Heavyweight Boxing Champions !!. All 4 are Russian or Eastern European !!

And the Hawks get the 4th seed grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Only thing our athletes have passion about now is the mighty dollar. Rest of the countries this is their only passion and drive in life.

I think there's some truth to this.

I know it's a silly example, but look at how good our snowboarders and skateboarders are. They have a PASSION for their sport, they put in TONS of work, and it translates into success for the nation in general.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

That Brody whatshisname was a model for a commited athlete!
wink.gif

I said nothing about skiers. tongue.gif

smile.gif

You are right that those sports are not corrupted the ways others are, however I don't discount the work ethic of people in corrupted sports either.

I used to be a big tennis fan - the USA always had 2 or 3 of the top 5 players - now I can't pronounce anybody's name (top 5) and Agassi is retiring.

I also like golf where we got our arses smoked historically in the R. Cup this year. The world has certainly caught up and is in the passing lane.

Quote:

I used to be a big tennis fan - the USA always had 2 or 3 of the top 5 players - now I can't pronounce anybody's name (top 5) and Agassi is retiring.

I also like golf where we got our arses smoked historically in the R. Cup this year. The world has certainly caught up and is in the passing lane.

The US sucks at sports. cool.gif