• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's all take a deep breath and just wait

smithrules

So many here have been making judgements on summer league and preseason games. One minute it is why did we pick Sheldon Williams. The next minute hes the best thing since sliced bread. Two bad games you are the worst player in the world two good games your the savior. I just don't get the impulsive rush to judgement when we don't have a significant sample from NBA play. I remember last year half the genius on this board had wrote of Marvin Williams as a bust. Two years ago it was the same thing with childress and Smith. As far as i know, no one on this board is an NBA scout so just cool your jets.

Quote:

So many here have been making judgements on summer league and preseason games. One minute it is why did we pick Sheldon Williams. The next minute hes the best thing since sliced bread. Two bad games you are the worst player in the world two good games your the savior. I just don't get the impulsive rush to judgement when we don't have a significant sample from NBA play. I remember last year half the genius on this board had wrote of Marvin Williams as a bust. Two years ago it was the same thing with childress and Smith. As far as i know, no one on this board is an NBA scout so just cool your jets.

S M I T H R U L E S !!!!!

What a thought provoking post. You have your casual critics , your hyper critics and your "go for the jugular" critics while most of the readers are just viewers. That's the audience you have. Just look at the ratio of posts versus views. IT's really what drives this board. S M I T H you have a thought provoking post with a collective " No Comment".

Quote:

Quote:

S M I T H R U L E S !!!!!

What a thought provoking post. You have your casual critics , your hyper critics and your "go for the jugular" critics while most of the readers are just viewers. That's the audience you have. Just look at the ratio of posts versus views. IT's really what drives this board. S M I T H you have a thought provoking post with a collective " No Comment".

I didn't really understand a thing you just said, be at least I tried.

Quote:

Well many of us are just fans with some hope. Sure there is discussion on each preseason game. But if we all want to get totally into what is "real" - we have to look at 39 wins in two years.

Does a preseason game mean anything for teams like Detroit or Miami? No...but for fans who are watching a developing team with young players maybe they do.

The answer is simple:

Teams MUST learn how to win. They MUST KNOW that they

are capable of winning.

Teams that have a great record from past seasons already

know and understand that they can win. They know that

they can do it because they've already done it.

Confidence is a great thing. Teams that are already

winners have it. They already know. These teams that

you ask about, they have already "Been there, done that."

The Hawks, on the other hand, must learn to win. They

need to learn HOW TO WIN. It is important to the well

being of the Hawks that they win.

Most, if not all of these players have come from winning

teams, so they know about winning. They just haven't

done it together as a team here with the Hawks.

We all know these pre-season games don't count. They

mean a lot to the well being of this young team and

can and will make a difference once the season starts.

smirk.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Hawks, on the other hand, must learn to win. They need to learn HOW TO WIN. It is important to the well

smirk.gif

They also need to learn how to execute a half court offense. Winning is great but when someone is just chucking up shot after shot and missing, the leader on that team needs say something to get that corrected. The preseason win does not justify poor execution.

Quote:

The Hawks, on the other hand, must learn to win. They

need to learn HOW TO WIN. It is important to the well

Most, if not all of these players have come from winning

teams, so they know about winning. They just haven't

done it together as a team here with the Hawks.

We all know these pre-season games don't count. They

mean a lot to the well being of this young team and

can and will make a difference once the season starts.

smirk.gif

I can not agree more. You said it. What this ride over the last three seasons is just about here. The rebuild is ready, Woody will take them to the court as winners. These guys ARE winners and hungry.

I believe we are witnessing a special thing in sport.

As one of my early idol called it, "Standing on the verge of getting it on". (don't be confused by a "Parliafunkdelicment type thang")

Donchaknow

In reply to the OP, strong opinions is what drives message boards. Actually most effective writing delivers a clear and strong opinion. You see it with sports writers, radio show hosts, and yes message board posters.

Just don't expect the strong opinions to go away whether it's someone who posts gloom and doom or someone who posts hyper optimism.

Quote:

In reply to the OP, strong opinions is what drives message boards. Actually most effective writing delivers a clear and strong opinion. You see it with sports writers, radio show hosts, and yes message board posters.

Just don't expect the strong opinions to go away whether it's someone who posts gloom and doom or someone who posts hyper optimism.

Intelligent and insightful discussion makes this board great. You do have to take the bitter with the sweet. We have a board that we can be proud of and we need to spread the word. I was surprised at the open scrimmage how many people were very curious about this board and they were surprised that they had "never" heard of it. Let's spread the word. GO HAWKS ! GO HAWKS ! GO HAWKS !