• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Batman is in, Greek is out (Sekou)

txsting

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like us keeping Batista. But WTF are they doing keeping Freije? Especially with him not being a strong rebounder/ defender. From what I hear, he's a tall, decent shooter but that's about it.

Has anyone seen him in action this preseason? What else can he bring to the table. Because we don't need another Peja D, even though P-Drob wasn't too bad for us back then.

Quote:

I like us keeping Batista. But WTF are they doing keeping Freije? Especially with him not being a strong rebounder/ defender. From what I hear, he's a tall, decent shooter but that's about it.

Has anyone seen him in action this preseason? What else can he bring to the table. Because we don't need another Peja D, even though P-Drob wasn't too bad for us back then.

we should have picked up Paul Shirley grin.gif

Batista is hardly an NBA player. He plain sucks. The Greek runs circles around him on the court and beats Batista in every phase...except being a huge hack. This is yet another example that Billy is truly a bonehead. We will watch the Greek hook on somewhere else. This is a disgusting decision because the kid could have added VALUE. Batista has ZERO basketball ability.

Este is a rock...and has some skills (not NBA-level IMO)...Shelden will be killed often...no offense...if you are going to defend the paint you will be killed (esp, as a rookie)...he will get his licks in.

After awhile the word will get around that U don't fook with Shelden....and if you do Bat is coming next.

Yeah read the thread about Marvin breaking his hand. In that thread it has the article by sekou. Also after reading that article I don't think Bozeman or Freije will be around longer than a month. In that article Sekou Implied that guys like Glyn clearly outplayed Batista during training camp and the same thing could be said of Bozeman vs Ivey. He said it could be the ownership thing not wanting to spend any more money. If that is true the Atlanta Spirt do not need to own this Hawks team. It would be better ran and supported by someone else. Pretty sad you can't afford to eat a couple of minium league paying contracts.

I post a few months before that the HAWKS choose to not use the option to sign Batista for one more year, and instead they will sign a two years contract. Batman was doing a special training in june and july except for the time that he was playing the SouthAmerican championship where he was named the MVP playing for Uruguay.

The fact that he did play in pre-season games just for a few minutes means nothing.

But if you ask me i think that could be the best for him to play some time in NBDL.

The main problem is that Batman get fouled out too soon in NBA, in FIBA games he plays 35 minutes without gettin fouled out.

i apologize to mw24 (i think) when i said that freije (sp?) will never make this team. i made that assumption based on the fact that he is more of a cal bowdler type (meaning he's a 6'10" shooter who doesn't really rebound or defend at the 4 on an nba level).

well, freije made the team and i look like a fool. but can somebody explain to me what role freije will play? i mean, we have shelden, wright, batista, and jones already at the 4. i know jones will go to the nbdl probably, but that's a whole lot of mediocre 4's already.

i can't see freije getting any minutes at all. too bad we didn't keep big glyn, and i'm tired of giving the benefit of the doubt on decisions like this.

There is nothing wrong with Freije. He is a tenacious kid who actually can play some ball. My problem is with Batista who is the biggest stiff I have ever seen in the league. The guy brings nothing to the table.

AS far as Belkin, I can't stand the guy I read about in the papers. But I wonder if everything I read is true...is he really hell bent on slashing payroll and not caring as much about winning? If so I hope he loses. On the other hand, if he is willing to spend whatever it takes then I'm at the stage with this ownership and BK that I would like to see a change. Keeping The Greek over a hack like Batista was a no-brainer. The Greek even moved well for a big guy and was a hustler. The decisions that consistently come from this group are just ridiculous...the fact is that NOBODY on this board knows what Belkin will do for sure. But I'm pretty convinced that the Spirit is a bunch of "nice" guys who are not up to owning an NBA team. And I'm tired of lousy decisions and being the joke of the league. Keeping Batista just reinforces who and what is in charge of this franchise.