• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about some three way Love?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Instead of trading and just stopping with Eddie Jones....

What do you think the possibility of us trading

JT/DJ/Hendu to Miami.

Miami sends Jones/House to LAC.

LAC sends us: Khandi/Miller

Of all the players mentioned, I would still rather have Miller.

Out of all the proposed deals, I like the Seattle deal the best because it fixes two positions. If we got just Andre Miller, then we still have a big hole at the shooting guard position and one of the worst shooting back courts in the NBA. Plus, there is no guarantee that we could resign Miller after the season.

If we got Kenny Anderson and Desmond Mason, we get a player who is on record stating that he'd like to finish his career with the Hawks and a player that is still under his rookie contract for another year that represents an upgrade at the SG position. Anderson isn't Miller at the PG spot, but he showed leadership with the Celtics last year (they aren't as good without him this year) and gives the Hawks a bridge to Dickau, so to speak.

What is a better line up:

Anderson, Mason, Robinson, Abdur-Rahim, and Ratliff or Miller, Newble, Robinson, Abdur-Rahim, and Ratliff?

I'll take the first line up.

• Premium Member

If we were able to get Khandi, I would trade Theo too.

BUT....

I don't think three way love is in our future that way.

Jt would be more interesting to LAC THAN JONES.

However, if we play GM Genius just one more time...

JT/Hendu/DJ to Miami.

Jones to Memphis.

Battier/Swift/Knight to Atlanta...

Say what you want... THAT is THE DEAL!

Jerry West wants Jones so bad...

Knight/Battier/Big Dog/SAR/Theo...

With Swift/Glover off the bench.

Terry and Henderson for Anderson and Mason.

That's the deal we should shoot for, and it's really a good deal for both teams.

Memphis will be less likely to take on Eddie Jones's salary because A) It will be harder for them to make the playoffs than us, and B) They seem to really like Giricek at the SG position.

Here's the deal. The Hawks now have a coach that is emphasizing defense. Whether it's right or now, Jason Terry is the player that currently gets Stotts the most upset. He has no problem yanking him for Mike Wilks to get a better defender on the floor. Say what you want about Glenn's defense and the fact that Stotts continues to play him heavy minutes, but the fact is that Stotts has a familiarity with Glenn Robinson. He's coached him for four years, so he knows what he can and can't do. Terry Stotts obviously feels that what Glenn can do outweighs what he can't do while he's realy not sure what Jason Terry can do in the grand scheme of things.

Theo isn't effective for the Hawks.What really has

he gave the team?He hasn't made a defensive

presence.In order for him to be effective on defense

he needs another frontcourt defender like Davis or

Brian Grant to play along side him.

HotLantaDude,

I disagree. I think that we expect FAR too much out of Theo. You can't expect him to block EVERY shot. We allow FAR too much dribble penetration and expect Theo to wipe it all clean.

It doesn't work that way. Other teams know it. They know for every one that Theo can challenge, there will be three he won't have a chance to.

I agree he needs a decent defense in front of him, but so does everyone. Without a defense in front of them, they can't situate themselves on defense. Plus, he never gets the benefits of ANY calls. It's unbelievable some of the ticky tacks they call Theo with.

And am I to believe you think Kandi is a defensive standout?

Play.

Theo is not much of a defender.He can't shut

players down.He has made no impact on either

side of the ball.He has just as bad of hands as

Mutombo on offense.

He doesn't rebound enough either.7 rebounds a

game is not enough.I'm saying he or kandi isn't

going to make a difference on defensive side.What

difference is it really going to make?Atleast Kandi

will hit the boards.Theo is a below average one on

one defense and a below average rebounder.

Kandi cannot be traded this season since he accepted the clips qualifying offer which basically is a one year extension to his rookie contract and upcoming season he'll be an unrestricted FA.

So getting Kandi is not possible, but I'm not sure whether we'd want him anyway as his desire resembles a traffic light.

That deal with the sonics though sounds really good..

• Premium Member

Khandi is a much better rebounder. I think his style and size would be more value than Theo's SHot blocking. Theo will not be effective unless he had other strong defensive players around him. For instance, if we were to trade Theo to Minn, Theo would be great. However, right now, Theo is not a good rebounder and his shot blocking is not enough to make up for our lack of frontcourt defense.