• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Holman on 790thezone........

MoonKnight

He didn't really say mention anything groundbreaking about the new season but I was alittle surprised by one answer he gave. He was asked who would be the surprise contributor on the roster and he answered Cedric Bozeman. He said CB clearly earned his spot on the roster and he will likely get minutes in the rotation. I have mixed feelings about this. While some undrafted FAs make real contributions, it is rare. I would have hoped that a recent draft pick like Salim or Jones would have been mentioned instead of CB. I guess CB's contributions will be determined on the floor starting tonight.

Honestly I think that lineup would be nasty. MW, JS, and the Landlord would be one nasty trio out there on both ends of the floor. Add JJ into the mix and either Speedy or CB even more explosive. I know Shelden is undersized but I like the idea of this lineup at different times of the game:

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Shelden

Alot of CB's development will depend on who are the backup 2/3s. Will Salim play the backup 2 or 1? Will JChill play the backup 2 or the 3. Where Salim and JChill play as backups will dictate whether CB gets minutes on the wing. I don't think CB will see many minutes at the 1 if Speedy is able to start and Lue backs him up. I hope Woodson can set the rotations fairly early in the season unlike last season.

Bozeman looks like he could become the classic guy who enters college highly touted, but due to injuries and whatnot never really develops into the dynamic player predicted but still plays solid, then comes into the NBA unheralded and finally lives up to that potential.

I like his polish, and let's not forget that he had to play his way onto this team, this isn't taking a flier on talent, this is recognizing performance.

I'm rooting for him; success would make for a great story, not to mention the improvement of our Hawks!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Alot of CB's development will depend on who are the backup 2/3s. Will Salim play the backup 2 or 1? Will JChill play the backup 2 or the 3. Where Salim and JChill play as backups will dictate whether CB gets minutes on the wing. I don't think CB will see many minutes at the 1 if Speedy is able to start and Lue backs him up. I hope Woodson can set the rotations fairly early in the season unlike last season.

I know this is way too early, but if Bozeman (or a player like him) can become a marginal part of the rotation, that doesn't bode well for Josh Childress.

Quote:

I know this is way too early, but if Bozeman (or a player like him) can become a marginal part of the rotation, that doesn't bode well for Josh Childress.

I immediately thought of Ivey as opposed to Childress, and now that I think about it Salim as well. It seems like Ivey doesn't do anything better than Bozeman. We have to regret resigning Ivey now.

You are so right. Except I don't remember anyone wanting him here.

Too slow, not exciting enough, not a good enough shooter, etc. was the argument.

Those are the types of moves that make me seriously question Billy.

Also Jon Barry and Tony Delk.

He wanted to lose. He knew we would be at least 3-5 games better if he played them.

Guess It was better to let Al hoist shots than play competitive basketball.

Seriously, Tony could not sniff the court with us but Joe Dumars wanted him for a playoff run.

Who do you think has a better philosophy, Billy or Joe?

I think the answer is obvious.

That being said though, let's all give Billy a big round of applause if we turn the corner. I am with him for now.

Go Hawks!

Quote:

Bozeman looks like he
could
become the classic guy who enters college highly touted, but due to injuries and whatnot never really develops into the dynamic player predicted but still plays solid, then comes into the NBA unheralded and finally lives up to that potential.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head of that "classic guy". I'm curious, what players are examples of the athlete who stumbled in college but put it all together in the pro's?

Quote:

You are so right. Except I don't remember anyone wanting him here.

It wasn't a big move in the scope of things as we had two high 1sts, but I certainly wanted Duhon over Ivey. Not a major decision, but a poor one on BK's part.

W