• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Pacers pick is 10-15....

warcore

Quote:

Quote:

...I got 2 words on the dude we should draft. Big Baby

Now we're talkin!! grin.gif

6'9 310 and can move...that is just scary. He would probably fall to us because people will call him a "tweener" and scrutinize his height...he'll probably show up at the combine and be 6'7...I don't care.

He has so much personality he'd give the team the "character" that it lacks. He'd probably get the most commercials and endorsements.

I love Big Baby, but I think he is just like Shel but worse rebounder and defender. We need to get a center, there are 4 or 5 good ones in our 10-24 range that are legit centers. They can back up zaza and if for some reason we cant resign him, he would be the frist to go before, chill, smith, marvin. I like any of the 3 centers I already posted. I just cant imagine a starting 4/5 of Shell and Baby. Shell and a true center is a very scary thought for other teams on the boards and defense.

I don't want any more Euro centers unless they are from that greek team. Is that starting guy available? Otherwise, they are too perimeter oriented. Besides, a PF combo of Shell, Big Baby would be unstoppable. Big baby is basically a taller, bigger Charles Barkley. Could you imagine Bosh, O'neal or even Howard trying to guard him? He could blow right by them or through them. People forget that it was he not Tyrus Thomas who was the best player on that LSU squad.

Quote:

[quote...he'll probably show up at the combine and be 6'7...I don't care.

Shell is listed at 6'9" but is really closer to 6'8" - Milsap is listed as 6'8" but is really 6'7"...both are very strong and are rebounding like crazy - very comfortable in the paint due to their strength, and both are relatively quick and skilled for their size and youth in the league.

They say the same things about Big Baby...only he's even bigger (width-wise) and stronger.

I'd take BB in a heartbeat and let him back up both the 4 (primarily) and the 5 some. Won't likely happen but it would be great.

big baby lost weight over the summer and is down to 289. this should help him defensively but may hurt him offensively. he certainly knew how to use that 310 lb frame to get easy buckets.

the clippers have the rights to that greek starting center. they drafted him 2nd round '03 and may bring him over next season.

Quote:

Javaris Crittendon (J-critty) is the ideal BK point. Big, strong defender, can distribute and get his. I doubt he comes out after one season, but keep him in mind for the future. Plus he might help us get Dwight Howard in here, having played with him.

j-critty is lightin up gsu right now. being a gt fan i hope he stays in school a couple years.

keep an eye on marcus williams from arizona. he seems like a bk kind of player too. he might go lottery if he has a good year.

nice post...I wsa starting to think, "yeah, I like Big Baby, think he'll last that long"...till you start realizing that he's pretty much what Sheldon is in terms of position...but to a lesser degree: a pf who can possibly play some center (though BB probably can't even masquerade as such).

Not sure what he would add to the team...

and, honestly, I LAUGH at all 'projections' this early into the college/NBA season. Someone else on this board always state, "I'll start talking draft once the tourney is more or less finished...that's pretty much how it works.

Compare to the "big baby", Shelden is a "little baby". So we can have a big and a little baby, nicee... I like. cool.gif Zaza is a big daddy i guess and T-Lue is a little sister and Chill is a big sister, Marvin and Smoove are big brothers ans Bozeman is a little brother and Este is a little daddy. grin.gif Joe is supporting the whole family and he is just a brother, IDK. grin.gif

You have to wonder how Shelden and Solomon are going to develop over the season. And that will determine if we go big or after a pg. A young pg is the only position that we don't have a potential stud to develop. You gotta think that they will be looking at one for the future and there will likely be some very good ones where we pick. They will not be the guys who come in and start and make a splash, but ones that get their minutes gradually and grow into a starting role. That's what we're gonna need.