• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next 'eleven' games may determine Hawks' season.

HAWKS1986

Tue 28 at Washington

Wed 29 Charlotte

Fri 1 Cleveland

Sun 3 at Portland

Tue 5 at Seattle

Wed 6 at Denver

Fri 8 at LA Lakers

Sun 10 at Sacramento

Tue 12 Denver

Wed 13 at New York

Fri 15 at Memphis

Starting on the road in Washington, it will tell us what kind of Hawks team we have, and whether we have a fair shot at making the playoffs. We are currently treading at or around .500, but this stretch of road games mixed in with a few tough home games will tell us a lot.

Those really are "swing the season" type games. If we were playing well you'd figure we should go 7-4 or so, many winnable games. Given our injuries and recent play you tend to think that another 5-6 would be good. No "definite" wins or losses in the bunch.

Quote:

I think we can win at least 5 of those. Which is fine, as long as we can stay hovering around .500, we're in good shape. That's all it will take in the east. Stay within striking distance and we're a team that will be playing our best ball later in the season.

i agree. i see 5 to 6 wins there.

anything within a game or 2 of .500 ball without 40% of the starting lineup is more than acceptable laugh.gif

• Premium Member

I say our season will be determined by what happens when Smoove, Marvin, and Speedy are back in the lineup.

22 games is really not much... especially if you have 5- 10 wins during that stretch. We can lose 6 of our next eleven, end up 10-12 and still:

1. Make the playoffs.

2. Be eligible to finish the season with 70 wins.

3. Be the strongest team in the east.

However, I see our turning point being how well or bad we play when we have all our players healthy. From my calender, that's sometime in mid december-early Jan. If we're not running well before the all star break, then we can probably cancel playoff plans.

Quote:

I think it will be a tough stretch. We really have to win the Bobcats and Trailblazers games, the rest are not gonna be easy. If we win 4 or more we're still okay in my opinion, 6 or more would be very very impressive to me. West coast trips are no walks in the park.

Yes. Diesel is correct. The next 11 games means little as long as we win at least 3 games. We can cover up to make it to the playoff if all our injured players clicks. I say we shouldn't judge this year's team until MW+Speedy are at least 80% and Chillz is on.

Quote:

Quote:

I think it will be a tough stretch. We really have to win the Bobcats and Trailblazers games, the rest are not gonna be easy. If we win 4 or more we're still okay in my opinion, 6 or more would be very very impressive to me. West coast trips are no walks in the park.

Yes. Diesel is correct. The next 11 games means little as long as we win at least 3 games. We can cover up to make it to the playoff if all our injured players clicks. I say we shouldn't judge this year's team until MW+Speedy are at least 80% and Chillz is on.

On the grand scheme youse two are right. But boy, that 5 game stretch looks big from here. There is a chance Marvin will be in uniform on the west swing. Childress for sure will be swangin to show off for his homies.

agreed swat...the games around those 5 on the west coast are important too...but we really need to avoid an 0-5 on the west coast swing. 2-3 would be OK...considering the matchups I think we could go 3-2 or 4-1. Avoiding disaster in that 5 game trip will build confidence IMO.

We are what we are - maybe we are better than they think.

Quote:

agreed swat...the games around those 5 on the west coast are important too...but we really need to avoid an 0-5 on the west coast swing. 2-3 would be OK...considering the matchups I think we could go 3-2 or 4-1. Avoiding disaster in that 5 game trip will build confidence IMO.

What magnifies is the fact coming home is a stretch of 4 games in 5 days with two roads in the middle. I imagine Solomon and Shelden will have beards. Oh my, what will Speedy's knees, ankles and whatever be like? Yes indeed we will know a lot about this team and coach by Dec. 17th

Quote:

Quote:

What magnifies is the fact coming home is a stretch of 4 games in 5 days with two roads in the middle. I imagine Solomon and Shelden will have beards. Oh my, what will Speedy's knees, ankles and whatever be like? Yes indeed we will know a lot about this team and coach by Dec. 17th

Yep...we sure will.

Quote:

I agree. We can recover if we only win 3 of these. The question is, will MWill and company be ready to help us. The 1st four weeks after this stretch (like the Diesel stated) is going to tell us a lot more about our chances for the playoffs.

Here is to a Speedy recovery for all....

Quote:

...dig a hole too deep to climb out of in the meantime.

Exactly right teke. We can't lose em all waiting to get healthy. JJ knows that and has given his all these games. Every win we can get between now and getting JC/MW back count...and who's to say somebody else won't get dinged.

We really should have won that game in D.C. - but that's over...we need to beat Cleveland now.

Actually I'd say the whole month of December will define our season.

We will either go significantly below .500 or survive the brutal month, keeping us in contention and proving that this year's team is for real.

Not only is there a tough 5 game road trip out west, but every single home game this month is against a good opponent. We even end the month playing on the road at Houston and at San Antonio. There is not a single easy game in sight.

Marvin Williams and Josh Childress can't come back soon enough.