• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Woodson quote

Final_quest

"We haven't taken a good butt whipping in a while, so it was time to have one of these games," Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said.

I understand coaches speak to the media after every game and have to say something, but I don't like this mentality at all. No coach should ever say it was time to get our butt whooped. My question is how often, in Mr. Woodson's opinion, should we take a good butt whipping?

Hopefully it's just something stupid that came out of his mouth that he didn't mean, but I don't like it at all.

• Premium Member

Sometimes, it's good for a team to have a reality check. The Hawks still have a long ways to go. Most coaches hope that their team does not get too cocky in the start of the season. Should Woody have admitted this truth to the media? Probably. It can be motivation for his guys to go out and put up a better effort next time. This is a game where nobody can say, we got beat but.....

I think that's the type of game that means a lot more than an empty win.

Quote:

I understand coaches speak to the media after every game and have to say something, but I don't like this mentality at all. No coach should ever say it was time to get our butt whooped. My question is how often, in Mr. Woodson's opinion, should we take a good butt whipping?

I agree, that's what i fell like too. I can't believe he said that.

Sh!t happens. Especially when 4 of your first 7-8 players don't play. Marvin, Chill, Speedy and Lo. What's left is liable to bet their butts whipped 9 out of 10 times. That being said,all teams have these kind of games. The good part was that they gave the young guys a chance to get p.t.

Typical. A 50-60 win team might need one of those. We need to scratch out every win. Aside from flawed gameplans, Woodson throws games away with a severe lack of strategy. He's so out of his league. Even in the press. Watch his post game conferences on youtube. He just accepts things.

Wonder who he will be assisting next year? Or, will he just take a year off? He's worked so hard, he deserves a break. He makes me sick.

Quote:

Typical. A 50-60 win team might need one of those. We need to scratch out every win. Aside from flawed gameplans, Woodson throws games away with a severe lack of strategy. He's so out of his league. Even in the press. Watch his post game conferences on youtube. He just accepts things.

Wonder who he will be assisting next year? Or, will he just take a year off? He's worked so hard, he deserves a break. He makes me sick.

Coach Woodson is really doing a good job with two starters missing in most games played so far. The coach is charged to get the most out of his players.

I understand the comment. Players sometimes (fans either) mistake common inefficiency as competitiveness. When inefficients meets efficients, routs happen.

The Hawks are a good team, but this team has to play very well every game to win in this league.

That is what coach is saying.

I suppose he will be coaching the Hawks Next year this time. You "typical" will probably have a new screen name smirk.gif

My guess is that Woody is learning on the job. That's not a big problem normally but it's tough when you have as many young players (starters and big minute players) like we do. To be fair (IMO) it's a difficult situation for our players. They would be better served by an experienced coach at this stage. But we got what we got and Woody will certainly try hard. How he does with the team on the west coast swing will shape my opinion of him alot.

Wins and losses are the only real measure - but if we have weak efforts in the last two games and get spanked, I will be very dissappointed. Woody needs to keep these guys competing every night - even if it takes understanding that some guys are down and bringing in guys like Este or Freije for some reasonable minutes.