• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith is killing us

CBAreject

Marvin Marvin Marvin is that all you can say? Marvin isnt being talked about here but you insist in every converstation to hold MArvin Williams on this great pedastel. No one is talking about starting and not starting but every converstation you say the same exact thing. I bet you might have seen Marvin Williams play 5x in your life but yet hes perfect the best shooter he wont mistakes he wont turn it over. Its funny every time Josh Smith is being talked about you have to try to compare him to MArvin Williams when no one else is. Your a joke if you ask me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin Marvin Marvin is that all you can say? Marvin isnt being talked about here but you insist in every converstation to hold MArvin Williams on this great pedastel. No one is talking about starting and not starting but every converstation you say the same exact thing. I bet you might have seen Marvin Williams play 5x in your life but yet hes perfect the best shooter he wont mistakes he wont turn it over. Its funny every time Josh Smith is being talked about you have to try to compare him to MArvin Williams when no one else is. Your a joke if you ask me.

I guess there are not many mirrors in your house and certainly it is not made of glass because you throw too many stones. But my point is that everyone uses Smith youth to explain why he plays the way he plays and I offer an example of a player just as young or younger that doesn't play like that. I could use Labron, Howard, or even Paul when he was a rookie but you would cry foul. So I use someone that all see a lot and that is Marvin Williams

Quote:

... But my point is that everyone uses Smith youth to explain why he plays the way he plays...

Exactly PB. I never overly criticize highschoolers or college players...but once you take the money you are a pro. Then you are wide open for criticism IMO. I don't care if a kid is twelve - if he is taking money to play for my team he is accountable. smirk.gif

Quote:

I guess there are not many mirrors in your house and certainly it is not made of glass because you throw too many stones. But my point is that everyone uses Smith youth to explain why he plays the way he plays and I offer an example of a player just as young or younger that doesn't play like that. I could use Labron, Howard, or even Paul when he was a rookie but you would cry foul. So I use someone that all see a lot and that is Marvin Williams

And you're going to try to pretend that guys like Lebron James and Dwight Howard aren't the exception to the rule?

The overwhelming majority of young players who come into this league don't make an impact like that and you know it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The overwhelming majority of young players who come into this league don't make an impact like that and you know it.

I was just answering a question posed by someone as to why I reference Marvin William not playing the same way as Smith and Marvin is younger.

Marvin went to college.....Where he was taught by one of the greatest coaches ever to coach in college and one of the greatest programs ever. He also won a championship that has to factor in the equation. If Marvin would have come out str8 from high school he would not have gone that high thats why he went to college. Smith was the better prospect in High School.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin went to college.....Where he was taught by one of the greatest coaches ever to coach in college and one of the greatest programs ever. He also won a championship that has to factor in the equation. If Marvin would have come out str8 from high school he would not have gone that high thats why he went to college. Smith was the better prospect in High School.

Smith has been in the league for 3 years and should be further along with his understanding of the game. He'll get better, its just a painful process. I like our team just the way it is. I wouldn't trade anyone. Solomon Jones when to college but he has a low BB IQ but he has a lot of skill like Smith does so he is a keeper.