• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Long time listener, first time caller

ATLFANNCO

I was thinking of this last week and again when I saw the box of tonights game. What about trading Salim for Sergio Rodriguez of Portland? 11 assists last night and he avg 4 assists in 13 MPG.

Salim is from the Portland area and Sergio is a pass first PG that could backup and eventually take over for Speedy.

Portland has their PG in Jack and I know they have their version of Salim in J. Dixon... but is it a fair trade?

Quote:

I'm a big Salim fan but I'd probably do that deal, just because he won't get PT once all of our players return. We badly need a pg who can set up our teammates.

I doubt Portland does this though. How old is Sergio?

I'd do it to, in a second, and I think they would too. They already have a great PG in Jack, so i think they'd be willing to deal Sergio for Salim.

PS, Sergio's 20 years old.

Whoa, KB siting.

I was thinking the same thing last night, though we'd have to give up more than just Salim. The ball movement I saw from Rodriguez last night was better than anything I've seen on the Hawks since Mookie Blaylock's days. I'd love to have him on the team, but we'd have to move Lue first, which could potentially damage our infrastructure.

If you moved Lue to get Rodriguez, then the Hawks wouldn't even have a point guard that can shoot on the team. Ty Lue also brings a veteran presence that this team needs right now. He's one of the vocal leaders in the locker room. Rather than getting another point guard that can't shoot, I'd rather sit tight with what we have and take our chances on getting either Dominic James or Ronald Steele in the draft.

Quote:

I was thinking of this last week and again when I saw the box of tonights game. What about trading Salim for Sergio Rodriguez of Portland? 11 assists last night and he avg 4 assists in 13 MPG.

Salim is from the Portland area and Sergio is a pass first PG that could backup and eventually take over for Speedy.

Portland has their PG in Jack and I know they have their version of Salim in J. Dixon... but is it a fair trade?

...we should have traded up for. Portland knows what they have and they won't trade him for so little. I LOVE Sergio though. He's a monster ball-handler and the NBA game is perfect for him.

W

Why would Portland want Salim? They have Martell and Roy. And both of them are also from the NorthWest (Seattle) so the "Salim is from Oregon" argument won't help much. Besides he went to Arizona for college ball. I like Sergio too, but what do we have that they need?